Milo Yiannopolous banned from old grammar school by secret British gov. agency....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes...the enemies of free speech never get tired, never stop.....and will always stand in the way of the free exchange of ideas...

Milo: Well, Would YOU Let This Dangerous Radical Near Your Vulnerable Schoolchildren? - Breitbart

Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned from speaking at his old school, Simon Langton grammar in Kent.
Not by the teachers – who were naturally eager to hear his views on Donald Trump, free speech and the alt right (quite topical at the moment…). Not by the children, more than 200 of whom had already signed up to hear his talk. But by a hitherto unknown section of Britain’s Department of Education called the “counter-extremism task force.”

So secretive is this “counter-extremism task force” that it is now denying responsibility for the ban which it effected.

Here’s the weaselly statement issued by the Department of Education:

When concerns are raised by members of the public following media coverage in advance of an event, the department would contact the school as a matter of routine to check they had considered any potential issues. The decision to cancel the event was a matter for the school.

Hmm. That isn’t what the teachers are saying. They wanted Milo to come, apparently, but were overruled by this mystery section of a government ministry which presumably – to judge by its name – was established mainly to protect children from dangerous terrorists.

It’s true that Milo does advertise himself as “dangerous”. But he is using the term ironically in order to mock the hypocrisy and hysteria of the regressive left – and its ludicrous belief that anyone who doesn’t share its political outlook must therefore be a fascist and a menace to society.

The real problem the liberal-left has with Milo – and I entirely understand this fear – is that he is so eloquent, charming, well-informed and articulate. They cannot rebut his arguments so instead they demonise him.

They don't have to accept responsibility for bringing him in. Another private group can organize a meeting to address the community.

Don't be like the liberals and feel victimized, depending on schools or govt to defend or exercise rights. These don't depend on govt but are naturally self existent rights we can all practice.

So just help parents alumni and students to work with another venue, put the word out on social media, and host an event anyway. Trump is using YouTube and twitter. Anyone can do that or set up a Web page to give instructions on video conferencing.

Standamerica.us has its own weekly conference calls. Christian Party of America has a whole series they conduct on their own. Tea Parties still have networks and meetings per district. Why not set up an outreach network for this?

2aguy can we invite Milo here to USMB? And do a podcast and invite his school and fellow alumni ?

Yes...the enemies of free speech never get tired, never stop.....and will always stand in the way of the free exchange of ideas...

Milo: Well, Would YOU Let This Dangerous Radical Near Your Vulnerable Schoolchildren? - Breitbart

Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned from speaking at his old school, Simon Langton grammar in Kent.
Not by the teachers – who were naturally eager to hear his views on Donald Trump, free speech and the alt right (quite topical at the moment…). Not by the children, more than 200 of whom had already signed up to hear his talk. But by a hitherto unknown section of Britain’s Department of Education called the “counter-extremism task force.”

So secretive is this “counter-extremism task force” that it is now denying responsibility for the ban which it effected.

When concerns are raised by members of the public following media coverage in advance of an event, the department would contact the school as a matter of routine to check they had considered any potential issues. The decision to cancel the event was a matter for the school.

Hmm. That isn’t what the teachers are saying. They wanted Milo to come, apparently, but were overruled by this mystery section of a government ministry which presumably – to judge by its name – was established mainly to protect children from dangerous terrorists.

It’s true that Milo does advertise himself as “dangerous”. But he is using the term ironically in order to mock the hypocrisy and hysteria of the regressive left – and its ludicrous belief that anyone who doesn’t share its political outlook must therefore be a fascist and a menace to society.

The real problem the liberal-left has with Milo – and I entirely understand this fear – is that he is so eloquent, charming, well-informed and articulate. They cannot rebut his arguments so instead they demonise him.
I think you have a crush

I think you have a crush

Crush? No. I prefer women, he prefers men...it would never work between us....I do enjoy his ability to explain conservatism and his fearlessness in attacking the left.....

Milo is pretty smexy as a whole. I imagine he gives the lib's fits - they can't argue with anyone without being "insulting" but they know they can't insult him without going down in flames in their public's eye so instead they have to sneak around and quietly try to keep his message under the radar

I think you have a crush

Crush? No. I prefer women, he prefers men...it would never work between us....I do enjoy his ability to explain conservatism and his fearlessness in attacking the left.....
So cute!

Forum List

Back