Minimum Wage --Prevents-- Wealth Acquisition!

Free trade works well between mature economies.

100% stupid of course since people don't engage in free trade unless they benifit from it. Ignoring the $trillions Walmart alone as saved Americans only focusing on lost jobs shows that you have been brainwashed
Actually that's incorrect.
They may engage in free trade "thinking" they may beneffit when it will actually only harm their economy.
Political decisions are not allways made taking into account the rest of the population.

I'm thinking in TPP. Although it might make a nice economical experiment , I would rather like to avoid living through its consequences.

100% stupid of course since people don't engage in free trade unless they benifit from it. Ignoring the $trillions Walmart alone as saved Americans only focusing on lost jobs shows that you have been brainwashed
why blame Only the least wealthy for "gaming the system", dear?

One major way Walmart and other multinationals skirt tax obligations, ATF explains, is to funnel the money to an overseas location where it can be subject to “a gaping loophole known as ‘deferral.’ ” The ability to park assets in other countries “gives corporations great incentive to earn profits offshore (or make it look like they are earned offshore)—often by moving jobs overseas.”--http://www.thenation.com/article/1-billion-thats-how-much-walmart-avoids-paying-taxes-each-year-through-loopholes/

Political decisions are not allways made taking into account the rest of the population.
100% stupid!! shopping at Walmart or any place with lower prices because you think it will improve your standard of living is not a political decision.
That's irrelevant regarding our discussion. We are talking about free trade vs tariffs to support local industry within the context of the political decision and democracy.

100% stupid!! shopping at Walmart or any place with lower prices because you think it will improve your standard of living is not a political decision.
That's irrelevant regarding our discussion. We are talking about free trade vs tariffs to support local industry within the context of the political decision and democracy.

100% stupid!! shopping at Walmart or any place with lower prices because you think it will improve your standard of living is smart, obviously, and should not be prohibited by your treasonous impoverishing Nazi bureaucracy.

They may engage in free trade "thinking" they may beneffit when it will actually only harm their economy.

100% stupid as always. Paying the lowest prices you can benefits the economy. Imagine an economy where your nazi bureaucracy violently forced everyone to pay the highest price.

See why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

... Sure, children and women were exploited back in 1912....

how on earth can you be exploited unless someone forces you to take a job? If you take the the best job offer in the entire world he is not an exploiter but a hero!!
Don't forget that capitalism is competitive. Unless you provide the best products and jobs possible you are driven into bankruptcy.

What I meant was, there were no child labor laws and women didn't have rights. Men could exploit the labor of wife and children and they didn't really have a choice in the matter. It's how things were. Women and children were not paid equally to men, they were exploited.. Women in sewing factories in particular... How many MEN would have done that job for that price?

I am willing to accept we had to deal with some pretty fucked up shit back then. One of the problems I think we have as a nation is, we always tend to over-correct. Instead of doing a 180, as they say, we do a 360... (or a 270...) and we're no better off in the end. Capitalism has to have some bridled constraint, otherwise it never results in "free market" capitalism. But the problem is, where do you draw the line between "bridled constraint" and onerous burden? It's the 'onerous burden' that must be avoided in order for "free market capitalism" to thrive and flourish. But Liberals don't seem to get this.

... Sure, children and women were exploited back in 1912....

how on earth can you be exploited unless someone forces you to take a job? If you take the the best job offer in the entire world he is not an exploiter but a hero!!
Don't forget that capitalism is competitive. Unless you provide the best products and jobs possible you are driven into bankruptcy.

What I meant was, there were no child labor laws and women didn't have rights. Men could exploit the labor of wife and children and they didn't really have a choice in the matter. It's how things were. Women and children were not paid equally to men, they were exploited.. Women in sewing factories in particular... How many MEN would have done that job for that price?

I am willing to accept we had to deal with some pretty fucked up shit back then. One of the problems I think we have as a nation is, we always tend to over-correct. Instead of doing a 180, as they say, we do a 360... (or a 270...) and we're no better off in the end. Capitalism has to have some bridled constraint, otherwise it never results in "free market" capitalism. But the problem is, where do you draw the line between "bridled constraint" and onerous burden? It's the 'onerous burden' that must be avoided in order for "free market capitalism" to thrive and flourish. But Liberals don't seem to get this.

Lets take this guy "seriously" people:

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Not true. If you reside somewhere else and earn income somewhere else, the US has no authority to tax you."

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"You seem to think the US has some kind of taxing power that enables them to go all over the world taxing people in different countries because they happen to be US citizens. They don't."

BZZ WRONG. ALL US CITIZENS OWE TAXES ON ANY INCOME (OFFSET BY THOSE TAX TREATIES/TAXES PAID)

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your taxes are paid on the income you claim in the US. If I make $10 million in Germany and claim it as income in the US, then I pay taxes on it."

BZZ WRONG. There is no double taxation, that's what the treaties do. UNLESS it's from a TAX HAVEN then YOU PROBABLY will OWE US taxes if you bring it back!

BUT IF YOU MAKE $10,000,000 IN GERMANY, AND PAY THEIR TAX RATES, YOUR US BURDEN WOULD BE ZERO, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, YOU CAN BRING THE MONEY HOME ANYTIME, WITHOUT DOUBLE TAXATION!!!!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"Your worldwide income (i.e.; your reported income earnings from abroad.) If you do not claim them as income they are not earnings and not taxable. "

BZZ WRONG.

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"I made $5 million IN Germany... got it? I paid income taxes on it, TO Germany? Following me? The money is still IN Germany, in a German bank, collecting German interest. Each year, I have to pay Germany tax on the interest dividends."

COOL. AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO REPORT THAT TO US TAX AUTHORITY

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"It is NOT US INCOME! It doesn't ever BECOME US income unless I bring it to the US and claim it as income. If I do that, I will be taxed AGAIN."

BZZ WRONG, AGAIN, ALL INCOME FROM ANY SOURCE WHETHER YOU ARE ON US SOIL OR TEA-BAGGERSTAN OR GERMANY, IS REQUIRED TO BE REPORTED TO US TAX AUTHORITY, BUT SINCE (AGAIN) GERMANY HAS A HIGHER TAX BURDEN, THERE WOULD PROB BE NO NEW US TAX BURDEN IF YOU BRING THE MONEY TO THE US!

BOSS THE DUMBASS SAYS:

"My plan is to eliminate double taxation. Repatriate that wealth and create new jobs with it."

YOUR "PLAN" DO SOMETHING ABOUT SOMETHING THAT'S NOT BEING DONE??? LOL

Lot's of fun showing that YOU are not only a stupid MF but a liar too Bubs

Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US? | Page 289 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Ed,
Sometime ago I read an article in which chinese local stores were going broke because of Wallmart.
While Wallmart did have lower prices, many were left without a job, and many others had less income.
Buyers might thing Wallmart is a great thing
Former store owners and employees ... meh , not so much.

Last edited:
Ed,
Sometime ago I read an article in which chinese local stores were going broke because of Wallmart.
While Wallmart did have lower prices, many were left without a job, and many others had less income.

Then once their monopolistic policies run competition out, they are free to increase prices!

Ed,

100% liberal and 10000% stupid as always. This liberals wants a law against beating the competition with lower prices, and 1000 other anti freedom, anti capitalist laws too!! He's a brainwashed communist and way too dumb to know it.

Then once their monopolistic policies run competition out, they are free to increase prices!

1000% stupid and 100% liberal as always:

1) the more monopolistic a company gets the more competition it inspires
2) regardless, there are no monopolies, only Marx thought there would be
and now we have international competition so even less likely
3) regardless, monopolies are illegal if ever there was one

See why we have to be positive that a liberal will be stupid? Is any other conclusion possible??

. Capitalism has to have some bridled constraint,.

it does!!!! 10,000 companies a month just in the USA are driven into bankruptcy because they don't offer the best jobs and products in the world! Capitalism places this constraint on them. Its why capitalism works and liberalism does not.

Actually that's incorrect.

I'm thinking in TPP. Although it might make a nice economical experiment , I would rather like to avoid living through its consequences.

No, you are wrong. Free-trade does not happen, unless both people benefit.

Only someone who doesn't have a clue about any specific deals, and starts talking in nebulous abstract statements, does it harm one at the benefit of the other.

The left will change positions all the time, to adapt their views depending on the topic being discussed.

In the 1950s, Cuba had a standard of living closer to the US. From then, till now, the left has been screaming non-stop that the only reason Cuba is poor, the only reason they can't buy a new car, or or give aspirin to the ill, is all because of the embargo.

Shocking concept.

I thought that if they had restrictions on imports, they would all build their own cars, make their own aspirin, make their own homes.

By the logic of the protectionist left, Cuba should be a utopia of Economic growth, from business protected by the evil competition from the rest of the world.

Then you look at trade with Africa. We are told that the evil big bad corporations are keeping people in poverty, and looting the country, and stealing their natural resources. And America is getting wealthy on the backs of the poor blacks working for 'slave wages' in Africa.

Then you look at trade with China, and we are told that China is becoming wealthy, and looting American jobs, and getting wealthy while we get poorer.

So trade makes us wealthy and others poor, and trade makes us poor and others wealthy, and lack of trade makes others poor.

People who complain about trade, flip flop all over the place, like a fish dying on the dock.

The real answer is, trade is inherently mutually beneficial. If it wasn't, I wouldn't do it. My company wouldn't do it. The companies that we buy supplies from wouldn't do it. The companies we sell supplies to, wouldn't do it.

No one would do it, if it wasn't beneficial to both sides.

Forum List

Back