Minneapolis High School Hosts Somali Night, Ends With Stabbing And Shooting

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Festivities celebrating Somali culture were enjoyed at a south Minneapolis high school Thursday evening during a planned Somali cultural event and performance that resulted in inclusion and equity for all in attendance.

According to dispatch audio at the time, one person was reportedly culturally enriched around 7:45 p.m. during a celebration involving about 50 people at Washburn High School located at 201 West 49th Street.

Meh, I guess it should not surprise anyone, the real surprise would be a peaceful fun happy night.

I loved this comment:

'Tis with a heart full of sorrow that I pen these words upon hearing of the tragic turn of events at the late festivities. The thought of such jubilations concluding in a manner so horrid, steeped in bloodshed, is a notion that weighs heavy on the soul. A calamity indeed, and my sincerest condolences do I extend.

Whilst it be a time of profound grief and remembrance, I earnestly wish that the cloud of this incident does not forever cast its shadow over our future merriment. Our brethren, steeped in diverse cultures, who add their vibrant threads to the grand tapestry of our society, should not be denied the joyous expression of their customs and celebrations.

Let us not allow this grievous moment to quell the spirit of camaraderie, the harmonious intertwining of our myriad customs that defines us. Rather, may it serve to unite us further in a collective pursuit of peace and goodwill.

It is of the essence that we stand resilient in the face of adversity, encouraging not the cessation, but the proliferation of such festivities. After all, it is through these very customs that we weave the narrative of our shared humanity, a narrative that is crucial now more than ever.

May the sound of laughter, the sight of unity and the spirit of festivity prevail once more, spreading its warmth over the chill left by this unfortunate event. Let this, my dear friend, be our hope and prayer for the morrow.

Joseph-Ducreux.gif

Holy fuck....Washburn used to be Wally Cleaver HS, in a part of town that was well into upper middle class.

What a total shithole Minneapolis has degenerated into.

Forum List

Back