Minnesota Senate approves plan to entitle state workers to paid leave when sick, caring for ill relatives

ni
Minessotans are nice people, kind-hearted! don't expect anything like this to pass in Texas, they have tremendous hate in their heats

nice people my ass,, they steal money at gun point and then use it for personal gain,,

Minessotans are nice people, kind-hearted! don't expect anything like this to pass in Texas, they have tremendous hate in their heats

It's easy to be "nice" and "kind-hearted" with someone else's money. Did they ask the people who are going to be taxed for this if they agreed to pay the bill?

IOW, there's nothing "nice" or "kind-hearted" about two people coming upon a beggar in the street and the one drawing a gun on the other, demanding that he give the guy $50.

why?.....
If the voters approved a referendum on the issue and agreed to higher taxes to pay for this or that a budget surplus would be used for this, then great, it's an approved measure. Consider, however, that we now have workers who do NOT get this kind of paid leave being forced to pay for OTHER people to have it. Is that "nice" or "kind-hearted"?

If the voters approved a referendum on the issue and agreed to higher taxes to pay for this or that a budget surplus would be used for this, then great, it's an approved measure. Consider, however, that we now have workers who do NOT get this kind of paid leave being forced to pay for OTHER people to have it. Is that "nice" or "kind-hearted"?
if i work for one company who doesnt have this, and someone works for another company that does have it....how am i paying for his leave of absence?.......

you are self employed.....companies who employ many people can do this for short periods.....
Not if they're already paying high wages and running on a narrow profit margin. A company needs excess funds to do it because it represents a cost for which there is no compensation.

Not if they're already paying high wages and running on a narrow profit margin. A company needs excess funds to do it because it represents a cost for which there is no compensation.
yea like they dont write it off....

if i work for one company who doesnt have this, and someone works for another company that does have it....how am i paying for his leave of absence?.......
The bill puts into place a new payroll tax to subsidize the plan. The headline is misleading, because it specifies state workers, which usually means those employed by the state. It doesn't, it applies to all workers in the state. Having a new tax, however, DOES mean that workers who do not qualify for this benefit ARE working to pay for those who DO.

Forum List

Back