🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

They are not involved in the wedding; they are baking a cake or arranging flowers. The only people "involved" in the wedding are the couple and their guests and the officiant and no religious officiant can be compelled to officiate at a marriage that is contrary to their faith. But, baking a cake is not being involved.

All of my vendors meet with me for my wedding, they interact with me, and some of them attend the wedding. They are involved with it. Why should I force them to be involved if they do not want to be involved? Why should I make them choose between doing something they do not want to do, and going out of business?

Also, tell me where in the constitution is religious freedom only limited to officiants?

No person is forced to be involved in any wedding.

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else.

Hmmm, unless you are a baker who is asked to bake a cake with a rebel flag on it.

you libs are so fucked up.

Nothing but strawmen and hypocrisy from you today eh Redfish?

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

Are you so fricken stupid that you can't see what is wrong with that?

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

They are not involved in the wedding; they are baking a cake or arranging flowers. The only people "involved" in the wedding are the couple and their guests and the officiant and no religious officiant can be compelled to officiate at a marriage that is contrary to their faith. But, baking a cake is not being involved.

All of my vendors meet with me for my wedding, they interact with me, and some of them attend the wedding. They are involved with it. Why should I force them to be involved if they do not want to be involved? Why should I make them choose between doing something they do not want to do, and going out of business?

Also, tell me where in the constitution is religious freedom only limited to officiants?

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else.

Hmmm, unless you are a baker who is asked to bake a cake with a rebel flag on it.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone els

total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

We'll burn him out if he won't bake the stars and bars down here. If you ain't got the flag in your garage, you're a communist!

LOL!!! You're a trip.
It took the Supreme Court inventing a right no one had heard of 20 years ago and utterly shredding the Constitution to overturn many state laws to the contrary to get this crap on the books. Laws pursuant to the Constitution are the last thing you assholes want.
The right to marry has been recognized for over fifty years. You have no fucking clue about the constitution or constitutional law. Go back to running around in your white sheet and burning crosses.
Idiot. There is no right to same sex marriage. Go back to chewing gum.
So, you missed the news last week when the Supreme Court said there is?
I realize I have to use words of one or two syllables for you to undertand.
But up until 20 years ago no one even thought there was a right of same sex marriage. The fact that the Court suddenly found one indicates it doesnt exist.

And yet- despite your whining- it does exist.

Yes, and obozo put rainbow lights on the white house. I wonder, will he put red, white and blue on it this saturday for the 4th of july?

anyone want to bet?

No. We want laws that follow the constitution. That is the only side.

the rulings last week by the SC do not follow the constitution. They decided those cases based on politics, not the law. They should all be impeached.
And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.

LOL......still in meltdown over Friday.

I think it is time to remind everyone of Redfish's commitment to all of us:

Redfish- his OP 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

I am always happy to keep the board informed as to Redfish's commitment to the truth......

As to gay threads, yeah, I said one thing and did another. BFD

The story of your posting history on USMB

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

I expect there will be moves to remove tax exempt status from non-SSM churches. Whether the GLBT activists can garner the public support for that .... I dunno.

Rightwingers have been going after mosques for years.

Really? I just remember the one near ground zero, and that was more of a "too soon man, too soon" thing, not a systemic attack on all Mosques.

And one law suit against one bakery is not a systemic attack on all Christians.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

bullshit, bakers and florists have been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings. Are you living in a cave?

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

bullshit, bakers and florists have been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings. Are you living in a cave?

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone els

A rebel flag cake is a type of cake. A cake for a gay wedding is a type of customer. There's a difference.

Really? I just remember the one near ground zero, and that was more of a "too soon man, too soon" thing, not a systemic attack on all Mosques.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

Because they broke the law.

A rebel flag cake is a type of cake. A cake for a gay wedding is a type of customer. There's a difference.

more bullshit. a gay cake has two men or two women on top of it. it is a type of cake.

Yes.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

I have no problem with forcing bad people to stop being bad people.

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

Because they broke the law.

but you just said that no one is forced to participate in any wedding. now you say that its a violation of law to refuse.

you make yourself look more stupid with each new post.

Yes.

As it should be.

so, lets see. everyone who does not believe as you do is "bad" ?

are you female?

more bullshit. a gay cake has two men or two women on top of it. it is a type of cake.

You love bigotry so much. It's creepy.

As it should be.

so, lets see. everyone who does not believe as you do is "bad" ?

are you female?

Tyranny of the majority? Isn't that supposed to be checked by the Supreme Court?

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

Exempting religion from PA laws would really not hurt people. IF a baker doesn't want to bake a gay wedding cake, the sane move would find someone who wants to because you'll get a better cake.

I can see an issue where there's no other option to find someone to provide a PA.

Thank you for admitting that this is all about Christians wanting to be exempt from laws everyone else is supposed to obey.

and you want to create laws to cater to a minority view. there are two sides to this, idiot.
No. We want laws that follow the constitution. That is the only side.

the rulings last week by the SC do not follow the constitution. They decided those cases based on politics, not the law. They should all be impeached.
And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.
No, there are not many who have. Those words do not appear there, you absolutely moronic fool. The words Liberty and Equal Protection of the Laws do. That you are too fucking stupid to understand the scope of those words is your burden.

Forum List

Back