🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Mississippi & Louisiana Join Refusal to Honor Same Sex "Marriage"

and you want to create laws to cater to a minority view. there are two sides to this, idiot.
No. We want laws that follow the constitution. That is the only side.

the rulings last week by the SC do not follow the constitution. They decided those cases based on politics, not the law. They should all be impeached.
And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.

why do you think you know anything about the constitution?
Delusions of grandeur.

Hmmm, unless you are a baker who is asked to bake a cake with a rebel flag on it.

you libs are so fucked up.

Nothing but strawmen and hypocrisy from you today eh Redfish?

No person is forced to be involved in any wedding.

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone els

total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

Are you so fricken stupid that you can't see what is wrong with that?

A rebel flag cake is a type of cake. A cake for a gay wedding is a type of customer. There's a difference.

more bullshit. a gay cake has two men or two women on top of it. it is a type of cake.

You love bigotry so much. It's creepy.

how does pointing out your lies make me a bigot? The black people who worked for me certainly would not call me a bigot, neither would the gays who worked for me or my gay relatives.

you know nothing about me. being opposed to calling a gay union a marriage does not make one a bigot.

But, if you as a business, sell product or services for weddings, you are obligated to follow business laws- which do not care what religion you are.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone els

total horseshit. a baker can refuse to bake a rebel flag cake but he can't refuse to bake a gay wedding cake.

A rebel flag cake is a type of cake. A cake for a gay wedding is a type of customer. There's a difference.

more bullshit. a gay cake has two men or two women on top of it. it is a type of cake.

how does pointing out your lies make me a bigot? The black people who worked for me certainly would not call me a bigot, neither would the gays who worked for me or my gay relatives.

you know nothing about me. being opposed to calling a gay union a marriage does not make one a bigot.

There is no unbigoted reason to deny gays the right to marry, therefore it has to be bigotry.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

I have no problem with forcing bad people to stop being bad people.

so, lets see. everyone who does not believe as you do is "bad" ?

are you female?

Tyranny of the majority? Isn't that supposed to be checked by the Supreme Court?

OMG, you just get dumber and dumber. the majority elects our presidents, our congressmen, our governors, our mayors. The majority passed amendments and statutes. Majority votes created minority rights.

The majority is us, you fool. Our society is based on the majority opinion prevailing. anything else is a dictatorship or a monarchy.

There is no unbigoted reason to deny gays the right to marry, therefore it has to be bigotry.

only in your small mind.

Yes, the legal enforcement of equal rights is tyranny to those who oppose equal rights.

As it should be.

right, tyranny of the majority (of the SC). I thought you libs hated the tyranny of the majority. But I get it, tyranny is right if it goes your way.

are you female?

Tyranny of the majority? Isn't that supposed to be checked by the Supreme Court?

OMG, you just get dumber and dumber. the majority elects our presidents, our congressmen, our governors, our mayors. The majority passed amendments and statutes. Majority votes created minority rights.

The majority is us, you fool. Our society is based on the majority opinion prevailing. anything else is a dictatorship or a monarchy.

And how many majority votes does it take to get a person to the Supreme Court?

only in your small mind.

Name ONE.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else.

Hmmm, unless you are a baker who is asked to bake a cake with a rebel flag on it.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

bullshit, bakers and florists have been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings. Are you living in a cave?
One Baker and One Florist who happen to live in one of the few states that actually ban discrimination against gays. You should be happy to know that in most of the Country gay people can be fired for being gay, evicted for being gay and denied services for being gay.

and you want to create laws to cater to a minority view. there are two sides to this, idiot.

the rulings last week by the SC do not follow the constitution. They decided those cases based on politics, not the law. They should all be impeached.
And since you have no fucking clue what the constitution states or what the hundreds of Supreme Court decisions addressing the 14th Amendment provide, your opinion is useless.

if it were just me, you might have a point. But its not. There are many constitutional scholars who have spoken up against these rulings.

But one more time, please quote the language from the 14th amendment where the words "gay marriage" are found.
No, there are not many who have. Those words do not appear there, you absolutely moronic fool. The words Liberty and Equal Protection of the Laws do. That you are too fucking stupid to understand the scope of those words is your burden.

do you think the authors of the constitution anticipated gay marriage when they wrote those words? of course not, thats why this argument has been shot down by many constitutional scholars on both sides of the aisle.

and if the insults continue, you will be reported.

No Fishy, wrong again. If you do not make rebel flag cakes, you don't have to. If you don't make wedding cakes, you don't have to.

What you cannot do is sell either cake to couple A and then refuse to sell to couple B because they are:

•.Jewish
• Black
• Disabled
• From Lithuania
• In some locations, gay

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15
I have made my last post on a gay thread. I hope many of you will follow suit. Let the court do its job and live with the rulings

bullshit, bakers and florists have been sued for refusing to participate in gay weddings. Are you living in a cave?
One Baker and One Florist who happen to live in one of the few states that actually ban discrimination against gays. You should be happy to know that in most of the Country gay people can be fired for being gay, evicted for being gay and denied services for being gay.

so can straight people be denied service --------- for no shirt, no shoes, or no reason at all. Its called freedom, something that seems a foreign concept to liberals of today

No, there are not many who have. Those words do not appear there, you absolutely moronic fool. The words Liberty and Equal Protection of the Laws do. That you are too fucking stupid to understand the scope of those words is your burden.

do you think the authors of the constitution anticipated gay marriage when they wrote those words? of course not, thats why this argument has been shot down by many constitutional scholars on both sides of the aisle.

Equal protection under the law anticipates all possible incidents of unequal protection under the law.

As it should be.

are you female?

So, you were not aware that the Supreme Court has the power to review and invalidate law passed by the majority if they violate the constitution? I bet you were aware of that when the Supreme Court was asked to invalidate the ACA, a law passed by the majority.

And one law suit against one bakery is not a systemic attack on all Christians.

It's coming. Do you support making people choose between their livelihood and their beliefs?

Yes.

Then you are not about freedom, you are about tyranny.

As it should be.

Redfish trots out 'majority' when convenient to his argument.

He is for the vote of the majority when it applies to gay marriage.
He is for the Supreme Court when it appiles to mixed race marriage.

Hence his dedication to 'majority' is 'gay' thin.

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

so can straight people be denied service --------- for no shirt, no shoes, or no reason at all. Its called freedom, something that seems a foreign concept to liberals of today

The bakers held liable for refusing service to gays were held liable under state laws prohibiting gay discrimination.

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

They cannot be denied because of race; they cannot be denied because of religion; they cannot be denied because of ethnicity; they cannot be denied because of gender and in those few states with laws banning discrimination based on sexual orientation, a straight couple cannot be denied because they are gay. How is you wanting to deny gay people the ability to marry consistent with your love of freedom?

The authors of the Constitution did not anticipate women voting, blacks voting, and all sorts of things when they wrote the Constitution.

Luckily the Constitution still covers everyone.

Christians are not exempt from business laws- they have to follow them like everyone else.

Nobody has to provide the toppers, just the same cake you'd sell to a straight couple.

only in your small mind.

Name ONE.

one what? small mind? I already named yours.

if you are talking about reasons to not call a gay union a marriage here are a few:

biology
anatomy
history
tradition
religion
precedent
reproduction

Speaking of stupid......

Redfish 4/29/15

I look forward to the Conservative campaign to end the 1964 Civil Rights Act- and telling America that no one deserves protection against discrimination based upon their race, religion, national origin or gender.

Should help the Republicans in amazing ways.

Forum List

Back