Mitt Romney bullying story holds up to scrutiny

So if you got your fortunate son crew to pin someone down, and cut their hair off, because you viewed them as different, you'd be proud?

ayers.JPG

Obama's crew doesn't cut hair.

What a lazy counter-rebuttal to an argument you wanted to make. Go for it. Most of your ilk is incapable of logic, reason, or even reading comprehension. But if stupid pictures is all you have, go ahead and put your best foot forward.

Tuesday now of the week following and the incident is almost gone, gone, gone forever.

Will be by the end of the week.

The Post's ombudsman looked at the wingnut blogs, and stands by the story.

Four of the five witnesses to the forcible haircut cited by the Post are on the record, by name, and remember it well. Their accounts remain unchallenged. I also think it’s important to point out that Romney quickly apologized after the story was published, and although not a detailed apology, I think his demeanor in the apology seemed genuine.

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”

What are you talking about?? the family of the alleged "victim" challenged this bullshit.

Besides, even if it did happen who really cares? the shit happened like 50 years ago when he was a KID for fucks sake...

I'm not even a Romney fan either - but I think this "hair cutting" incident is totally stupid. It really goes to show how fucking immature progressives are. Well of course they are because they haven't matured a day past 15 - the same age Romney allegedly was when this event occurred.

Four of the five witnesses to the forcible haircut cited by the Post are on the record, by name, and remember it well. Their accounts remain unchallenged. I also think it’s important to point out that Romney quickly apologized after the story was published, and although not a detailed apology, I think his demeanor in the apology seemed genuine.

The Post has received no specific complaint of inaccuracy from the Lauber family, Merida said. “We stand by the story. It’s a full portrait. It’s the story of Mitt Romney’s years at Cranbrook.”

What are you talking about?? the family of the alleged "victim" challenged this bullshit.

The family has not challenged any specific fact in the article.

Besides, even if it did happen who really cares? the shit happened like 50 years ago when he was a KID for fucks sake...

It's how he dealt with the incident as an adult that matters. He failed to take personal responsibility, claiming he didn't remember. Yet, the four other named participants all remember it very well, and were disturbed by the memory of that attack.

I'm not even a Romney fan either - but I think this "hair cutting" incident is totally stupid. It really goes to show how fucking immature progressives are. Well of course they are because they haven't matured a day past 15 - the same age Romney allegedly was when this event occurred.

Since when has any part of Obama's life been out of bounds? Want to start with the false claim that he attended a Madrassa? Oh, and Romney would have been 17-18 when this attack occurred.

It wasn't bullying, it was assault and the story isn't going away no matter how much the RW wants to say "look over there, Obama ate dog".

What do you call Ted Kennedy driving a car into a river drunk and killing a woman?? a simple misunderstanding?

Yet you fucks adored that little old bastard..

Romney ALLEGEDLY cut some kids hair and he's the devil?? oh and in spite of the individuals family claiming it NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

Who are you going to believe the guys family or a bunch of fuckups that have something to gain from this story???

Besides, I would love to know how someone could remember something as dumb as this 50 years later.

It's how he dealt with the incident as an adult that matters. He failed to take personal responsibility, claiming he didn't remember. Yet, the four other named participants all remember it very well, and were disturbed by the memory of that attack.

Since when has any part of Obama's life been out of bounds? Want to start with the false claim that he attended a Madrassa? Oh, and Romney would have been 17-18 when this attack occurred.

YES the family did challenge the entire incident - claiming it never happened - not only that but claimed their now deceased brother would have objected to such bullshit claims if he were alive.

I'm 32 and I don't remember half the crazy shit I did when I was 15... Romney is like 65..

What part of Obama's life have been out of bounds??? are you seriously that fucking ignorant??

We can start with his college transcripts and then everything in his life before he was 25.

Even WaPo, who started this story has been ignoring it as a net disaster. The effect was to make obama look petty and expose the bankruptcy of the democrat party.

Meanwhile, the character of the first black/gay/female/Jewish president is collapsing. Even among the reliable blacks it is collapsing. The question has been raised among the powerful black pastors "Did he just throw us under the bus to get money from gays?" And the answer isn't pleasant.

YES the family did challenge the entire incident - claiming it never happened - not only that but claimed their now deceased brother would have objected to such bullshit claims if he were alive.

No. They denied knowing it happened, which is different from stating it didn't happen.

“Even if it did happen, John probably wouldn’t have said anything,” Christine Lauber said.

I'm 32 and I don't remember half the crazy shit I did when I was 15... Romney is like 65..

Once again, Romney was 17-18 at the time. The account given is that the attack was planned over a several day period. Yeah, I forgot what I had for dinner when I was 17. I wouldn't forget an incident like this. I'd feel shame about it.

What part of Obama's life have been out of bounds??? are you seriously that fucking ignorant??

Here lies your hypocrisy. For the right, not one thing in his life has been out of bounds for you. But you want Mr. Etch-a-Sketch to be handled with kitt Mittens. What Obama did when he was 17 is used by the right as fodder. But poor Mittens getting the same scrutiny.

We can start with his college transcripts and then everything in his life before he was 25.

OK, so you and the wingies can whine about him eating dog when he was 9, and demand all you want. Why should Romney be given a pass on what he did at that age? BTW, when is Romney going to release a few more years of his tax returns and his equity holdings?

Even WaPo, who started this story has been ignoring it as a net disaster. The effect was to make obama look petty and expose the bankruptcy of the democrat party.

Meanwhile, the character of the first black/gay/female/Jewish president is collapsing. Even among the reliable blacks it is collapsing. The question has been raised among the powerful black pastors "Did he just throw us under the bus to get money from gays?" And the answer isn't pleasant.

Actually, they stand by the story. They gave it a proper amount of play, and their ombudsman answered the criticism. As it stands, there has not been any demonstration of a specific factual error. The eyewitnesses all stand by it.

The far right can go wacka wacka about the story, which we expect wacks to do, left or right.

The story is factual.

The story is not important. Romney was young, Romney apologized.

The story has almost disappeared and will have no effect on the election.

Actually, they stand by the story. They gave it a proper amount of play, and their ombudsman answered the criticism. As it stands, there has not been any demonstration of a specific factual error. The eyewitnesses all stand by it.

America yawned...

Next....

Many Black pastors has thrown their communities under the bus in order to get money and vocal support from drug dealers and rappers, so why are they shocked?

Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States; If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it,

NOT passed by POTUS. Moron.

Not vetoed by him either. Looks like he owns it.
Since the House controls the purse strings, why doesn't Speaker Boehner and Majority Leader Cantor truly own it?

The House holds the strings. It has refused shared governance with POTUS. Both own the mess.

Forum List

Back