Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

So what? Romney is obeying the law.

I suspect that folks who rag on these peripheral issues don't like the guy anyway.

Romney's problem is that no one really likes him. Except his fellow Mormons. And maybe not even all of them.

But if this gives people a peg to hang their hat on so they can vote for Obama for a second term, so be it for a lot of people.

No he doesn't. We all pay the same rate on investment income.

No problem with that. Mitt is not cheating he is legally allowed to pay 15%

He can justify it to the voters as fair and that it is better for America for him to pay less on the money he makes than what someone who works for a living makes.

Voters are understanding people

:lol: Good one. It would be nice to redo our tax code though. Too many games. Simple is good.

Fine change the tax code....
But for one thing I doubt I am alone in this.
The left raises taxes on Capital gains and I will no longer
invest in anything outside my 401k or IRA acct.
Why would I want to pay more taxes on my money that
was already taxed...

The left get a good idea and they totally screw the pooch on it.
Just look at Obama care.

Voters can be smart about things if the information is presented in a factual way and not slanted to look like Romney did something wrong or worse illegal.

Well that leaves out that whole MSNBC crowd.
Hell Al Sharpton can't even get Mitt's name right.
He keeps calling him Williard or some shit.
I think he's talking about Romney.

You do realize that Romney's actual first name is Willard, and he stopped calling himself that in the 1970's. (Probably after that movie about the guy with the Rat Army came out.)

Mitt is his middle name.

I'm not saying Romney did something illegal or even wrong.

I'm saying it looks bad. Which is far worse. He's got more money than God and he's paying less of a percentage than Joe Sixpack who goes to his job every day and wonders how he's going to make the payment on his underwater mortgage.

We have 46 million Americans on food stamps
and this is all people are talking about for the last two days or so.

He can justify it to the voters as fair and that it is better for America for him to pay less on the money he makes than what someone who works for a living makes.

:lol: Good one. It would be nice to redo our tax code though. Too many games. Simple is good.

was already taxed...

Just look at Obama care.

If you don't want to invest your money you are free to keep it in your mattress rather than in vehicles that make profit

was already taxed...

Just look at Obama care.

Consider though, that those making 1000 times our salary on investment income aren't exactly punching time cards, or showing up for work 40hrs a week. Again, neither are Federal Workers. Then there are those working 80+hrs a week. It's a pretty tangled web we weave huh. Is it fair to expect a Congress that cannot even come up with a budget plan to restructure a fair impartial tax code? Is it even possible?

And they probably pay taxes at a higher rate than Romney

was already taxed...

Just look at Obama care.

Consider though, that those making 1000 times our salary on investment income aren't exactly punching time cards, or showing up for work 40hrs a week. Again, neither are Federal Workers. Then there are those working 80+hrs a week. It's a pretty tangled web we weave huh. Is it fair to expect a Congress that cannot even come up with a budget plan to restructure a fair impartial tax code? Is it even possible?

Before we start attacking people who are living off of Returns on Investments. We might want to look at who they are. Because a very good Chunk of Retired People in America are living off Investments. Meaning they only taxes they pay are the 15% long term Capital Gains tax as well. Are we going to raise Taxes on everyone who has Capital Gains? Or just those we deem to rich, and not the Retired people who were smart enough to build a nest egg and are not living off it?

You are a Huge Jack ass. If they are on Food Stamps, I guarantee you their Federal Income Tax after Credits and such is 0 or they may Even get money back they didn't Pay in, or they would not be on Fucking Food Stamps.

Obama does too, as I am sure he has capitol gains, have you checked that out? Capitol gains are taxed at a reduced rate, because they want to encourage all of us to invest and with investing you take risks, (you could lose it all) that's why it is taxed at a lower rate. that boat won't float. Your 401k and Ira's are taxed at the lower rate as well. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

But whose fault is that?

Obama's? Did Obama go to all their employers and say, "I want you to fire or decrease the pay of people."

Or is the fault of rich guys who figure, we don't have enough, we have to take a little more, so we are going to outsource jobs to increase our profit margins. If we can give your job to a Chinese or replace you with a machine, we'll do that.

I'd like to see everyone get a good job. I'd like to get a real American person answering my call before arguing with a machine for ten minutes before I gets some chick in a call center in the Philippines.

You can't bitch about how greed has created dependency on government (which is indeed a horrible thing) and then complain that gee, Mittens is getting heat because he isn't even paying anywhere near what Joe Sixpack pays as a percentage.

You are a Huge Jack ass. If they are on Food Stamps, I guarantee you their Federal Income Tax after Credits and such is 0 or they may Even get money back they didn't Pay in, or they would not be on Fucking Food Stamps.

Anyone making over $8000 a year is paying 15% on it. That is food stamp territory.

Extremely hypocritical....
If Bush were President this would have been the lead story
every night for the last two years at least.

Obama is President and no one goes near this story.

Anyone making over $8000 a year is paying 15% on it. That is food stamp territory.

If my income drops to 52k a year I get food stamps.

If the poverty rate is 13k how are they paying taxes on 8?

Let Mitt campaign on why he pays taxes at the same rate as a kid working at McDonalds

Let Mitt campaign on why he pays taxes at the same rate as a kid working at McDonalds

I think he pays the lower rate because it's income based on Capital gains....
I think we established this already.... :lol:

Is this what it's all about.
We are about to get destroyed as a nation by so many things
and this is what the nation is concerned about?

Forum List

Back