Mmm. I love the smell of debunked Conservative bullshit in the morning!

So we get it, Right Wingnuts. You're going to be against this whether it's a tax, a penalty or a chocolate chip cookie. So who fucking cares what you like or don't like about it. Those of us who don't view our health and well-being as a products or commodities get why this bill is important. The Oldy McSwingyballs contingent will just have to suck it.

Sorry about being so late for this party.

You're right, it doesn't matter at all whether you call it a penalty, or a tax, or even a penalty that's assessed as a tax. The only thing that matters is that SCOTUS ruled the mandate constitutional when looked at from the viewpoint of the government's 2nd argument. That part's all over now kids.

I will take issue with your 2nd point. ACA messed with our INSURANCE, not so much with our HEALTH CARE. These are 2 different issues, and as usual, our government decided to tackle the one that would have made the smallest amount of difference on any of us.

In point of fact, our HEALTH is, has been, and will continue to be a "commodity". Not even ACA changes that. The cost of HEALTH CARE continues to rise at a rate faster than the GDP, and all the government can do is change our insurance rates? How is it that this is the one point no one ever talks about?

Nice try.

Well the ball seems to keep moving back to percentages, why? Because you think it shows it is not the most expensive in history. Clearly no matter how one slices it I have shown you in dollars, you know the stuff you and I use to buy bread, it is clearly the biggest. But I am certainly not against you pointing out the error in my method or the source of my information, which just happened to be what you provided.

That all said, do you really believe that any number that any one has supplied is going to be the final number? Has the government ever gotten the amount of what something will cost correct? If they have it is very rare. So the .48 that was quoted in my opinion will be quite higher. Of course we only have history to go by so feel free to disagree.

But as clearly shown, this is the largest tax, money taking, legislation in history, using your numbers. I can't see how you can argue that without showing me what I did wrong, which is highly likely.

Oh, and also this:
266060_498143553534305_573394946_o.jpg

Wapo? Mother Jones? Really? NOW? Adjust ALL of that for inflation? :eusa_whistle:

So we get it, Right Wingnuts. You're going to be against this whether it's a tax, a penalty or a chocolate chip cookie. So who fucking cares what you like or don't like about it. Those of us who don't view our health and well-being as a products or commodities get why this bill is important. The Oldy McSwingyballs contingent will just have to suck it.

Sorry about being so late for this party.

You're right, it doesn't matter at all whether you call it a penalty, or a tax, or even a penalty that's assessed as a tax. The only thing that matters is that SCOTUS ruled the mandate constitutional when looked at from the viewpoint of the government's 2nd argument. That part's all over now kids.

I will take issue with your 2nd point. ACA messed with our INSURANCE, not so much with our HEALTH CARE. These are 2 different issues, and as usual, our government decided to tackle the one that would have made the smallest amount of difference on any of us.

In point of fact, our HEALTH is, has been, and will continue to be a "commodity". Not even ACA changes that. The cost of HEALTH CARE continues to rise at a rate faster than the GDP, and all the government can do is change our insurance rates? How is it that this is the one point no one ever talks about?

I completely agree with you, the ACA protects the drug companies, hospitals and most of all makes more business for the health care industry. The total cost of health care is going to skyrocket as it has been for years, that can not change. Why do you think that those three didn't fight it all that much? The ones fighting it are the ones who have to pay for it. Not those who don't. Doctors are worried because the only way they can handle Medicare and Medicaid patients now is to offset their cost with private insurance customers. So I see a definite drop in service, hopefully I am wrong. The SCOTUS, in my opinion, took a big crap on the Constitution. I wish the decision would not have been along partisan lines with the drug addled Roberts joining in with his ridiculous decision.

[I completely agree with you, the ACA protects the drug companies, hospitals and most of all makes more business for the health care industry. .

That is correct. The ACA is actually Medicare II

"Contrary to political myth, Medicare does not provide health insurance to people; it provides payment insurance to the health care industry. In the post-war years, health care executives realized that the best way to protect their revenue was to identify the people who most used their services -- people over 65 -- and have the government guarantee their hospital bills. Thus was born Medicare Part A."

Viewed in that light, Medicare's rule against foreign reimbursements makes sense. The low price of high-quality, overseas health care is good for patients and good for the Treasury, but it's terrible for U.S. health care providers. They want that money! And they damn sure won't allow their pet goose to stop laying golden eggs.

So the Medicare laws contain a "Benedict Arnold" provision which prohibits otherwise eligible U.S. citizens from collecting benefits if they are treated abroad. While this theoretically affects everyone, the brunt is felt by expat retirees."

Well the ball seems to keep moving back to percentages, why? Because you think it shows it is not the most expensive in history. Clearly no matter how one slices it I have shown you in dollars, you know the stuff you and I use to buy bread, it is clearly the biggest. But I am certainly not against you pointing out the error in my method or the source of my information, which just happened to be what you provided.

That all said, do you really believe that any number that any one has supplied is going to be the final number? Has the government ever gotten the amount of what something will cost correct? If they have it is very rare. So the .48 that was quoted in my opinion will be quite higher. Of course we only have history to go by so feel free to disagree.

But as clearly shown, this is the largest tax, money taking, legislation in history, using your numbers. I can't see how you can argue that without showing me what I did wrong, which is highly likely.

What you're not understanding is that the ball ALWAYS is supposed to be in percentage. Because it's completely invalid as an economic exercise to compare it in whole dollar amounts. Do you understand why that it is?

Because our GDP has grown to the point that NO MATTER WHAT TAX INCREASE YOU ANALYZE IT WILL ALWAYS BE "MORE" IN WHOLE DOLLARS. That's why you have to compare against the percentage of the GDP. This is how actual economists do it, not old dudes with Excel spreadsheet formulas.

It doesn't matter what your OPINION of the increase is. The numbers, as they are RIGHT NOW show that it'll be about a .49% increase. This is getting really, really tiresome. You're trying to play football with a croquet mallet.

So have fun FEELING and BELIEVING that this is the largest tax increase ever. It's not, it never will be, and you can have fun going to your grave believing it will be. The rest of us are moving on, dude.

Derpless is missing the point. Normalizing a TAX by the GDP number doesn't show the MAGNITUDE of the increase in real dollars. By that measure -- NO govt program is overspent. The money available to govt is NOT REALLY determined by the GDP. Just like I could take the price of a steak on BBQ today and show as a percent of GDP it really hasn't increased...

What MATTERS is the inflation of the dollars involved. And the spending as a percentage of the TOTAL Fed budget possibly.

If you look at total Fed govt spending as a percentage of GDP -- it's hardly moved in decades. But we all know that the debt is rising astronomically. So obviously, It tells us NOTHING about the real problem.

The Govt doesn't spend GDP... It spends Dollars that they don't have..

And for WHICH YEAR DerpLess -- did that ONE NUMBER come from? 2012, 2014, or some other mysterious point in the taxation future?

Derpless is missing the point. Normalizing a TAX by the GDP number doesn't show the MAGNITUDE of the increase in real dollars. By that measure -- NO govt program is overspent. The money available to govt is NOT REALLY determined by the GDP. Just like I could take the price of a steak on BBQ today and show as a percent of GDP it really hasn't increased...

What MATTERS is the inflation of the dollars involved. And the spending as a percentage of the TOTAL Fed budget possibly.

If you look at total Fed govt spending as a percentage of GDP -- it's hardly moved in decades. But we all know that the debt is rising astronomically. So obviously, It tells us NOTHING about the real problem.

The Govt doesn't spend GDP... It spends Dollars that they don't have..

And for WHICH YEAR DerpLess -- did that ONE NUMBER come from? 2012, 2014, or some other mysterious point in the taxation future?

Look, if you want to practice some kind of economics that doesn't actually adjust tax hikes against the GDP, that's fine and dandy. But you're not an economist, and that's pretty evident from the fact that you keep introducing gross dollar amounts as the one to judge it by. That's flawed eight ways from Sunday.

I'm done trying to explain to you WHY you're wrong to analyze it that way, so I'll just let you keep spitting in the wind.

Oh, and also this:

Wapo? Mother Jones? Really? NOW? Adjust ALL of that for inflation? :eusa_whistle:

No, he's lying. This is what he does...he goes to an opinion piece, he takes the numbers they spout, then he makes a bright shiny chart and fake sources it to the source that he got the fake numbers from.

That's why no link.

If you go to Motherjones, you won't find a chart.

Read all of the lies on this page, Conservatives, and then we can debate again.

PolitiFact | A service of the Tampa Bay Times

Who checks the checkers? I can tell you right now -- Politifart would lose about 1/2 of those factchecks in a fair debate.. 50% ain't bad -- right? For media standards today -- that's sheer genius..
:lol:

Oh really? Well, why don't you get a little more specific. Or would you rather I generalize too? Like you know, all the Tea Party mouth-breathing morons here are racist, ignorant, stupid and completely misinformed to the point that they trash a Pulitzer Prize winning site that is completely fair and objective.

Oh, 50% huh? Gee, which 50% are you possibly thinking is wrong? Can I take a guess? Look fucko, you don't want to believe non-partisan fact checkers, that's on you.

Oh, and also this:

No, he's lying. This is what he does...he goes to an opinion piece, he takes the numbers they spout, then he makes a bright shiny chart and fake sources it to the source that he got the fake numbers from.

That's why no link.

If you go to Motherjones, you won't find a chart.

Holy fucking shit you're stupid.

Not melting down, just copy/pasting a bunch of times because I'm hoping it sinks in eventually that you're a really, really stupid twat.

Again, this is taking me like 30 seconds. So you know.

You probably smell. Really badly. Like someone took a shit inside a twat, let that shit fester, took it out, ate it, shit it out into ANOTHER twat, pulled that out shaped it into a semi-feminine looking form and that's how we got you, ShitTwat.

Hate sites!
Kenya!
Lies!
Charts!
MotherJones!
I don't know how to use the Internet!
Hate!
Kenya!
Black!
Tea Party!
Taxes!
ShitTwat!
Hate sites!

tumblr_laaytkmuJO1qbo7v5o1_500.gif

Last edited:
He hit my visitor page with that too, the weirdo. I think he's on meth.

Forum List

Back