Mobile Alabama Removes Statue of Confederate Without Notice

Their "duty" was to join another country's army to fight against the U.S. army.

They were traitors. You know, folks you admire. Reveals how much you despise the U.S..

Your ire over a battle from over a century before you were born, is not credible.

THis is not about that, this is about your bigotry against modern day Southern Whites.

You liberals are the people that despite America.
"THis is not about that, this is about your bigotry against modern day Southern Whites."

Dumbfuck, I am a white southerner. Are you ever not an imbecile? Ever??

No, dumbfuck, my beef is with the traitors who fought against the U.S. and the morons who defend them today.

Your ire over a battle from over a century before you were born, is not credible.

THis is not about that, this is about your bigotry against modern day Southern Whites.

You have it backwards. The statues are the symbols of fear and oppression. That's why they're coming down.

The statues are symbols of regional pride and heritage. You are the one being oppressive and using fear to silence your enemies.

That you do that, while accusing those you destroy of your own sins, is called "rubbing salt in the wounds".

Good plan. If your goal is to tear this nation apart, forever.

Our ancestors wanted to heal the nation, and live together in harmony. THey did the opposite of what you are doing.

THey healed wounds. YOu are picking at them, reopening them.
LOLOL

What regional pride was there in the early part of the last century?

The early 1900s? The same regional pride... as far as I know. I'm not sure where you are going with this line of reasoning...

My point stands.

The statues are symbols of regional pride and heritage. You are the one being oppressive and using fear to silence your enemies.

That you do that, while accusing those you destroy of your own sins, is called "rubbing salt in the wounds".

Our ancestors wanted to heal the nation, and live together in harmony. THey did the opposite of what you are doing.

They were traitors. You know, folks you admire. Reveals how much you despise the U.S..

"THis is not about that, this is about your bigotry against modern day Southern Whites."

No, dumbfuck, my beef is with the traitors who fought against the U.S. and the morons who defend them today.

LOLOL

You're an imbecile and you admite traitors.
icon_rolleyes.gif

You have it backwards. The statues are the symbols of fear and oppression. That's why they're coming down.

LOLOL

The early 1900s? The same regional pride... as far as I know. I'm not sure where you are going with this line of reasoning...

My point stands.

Their "regional pride" was racism and the suppression of blacks. That's what you call "regional pride."

LOLOL

My point stands.

You English as second language types have no idea of history or the meaning of these statues. These statues were erected during the "Jim Crow" period of the South. It reminded both blacks and enlightened white people who supported rights for black people, that the codes of slavery and oppression of black people hadn't changed. These leaders were venerated throughout the South. The police, the judges, and the civic leaders were former all Confederate soldiers who were prepared to fight and die to preserve slavery and white supremacy. This made court cases to enforce rights for blacks, or to punish the white supremacists who terrorized them, difficult for blacks to win.

Regardless of what laws were passed by Northern liberals, the South hadn't voted for emancipation, or voting rights for blacks. They hadn't passed these laws and they had no intention of giving rights to black people.

There are no statues to Hilter in Germany. The statues to the Czars have all been torn down in Russia. No other country in the world honours traitors and those they defeated in war. These statues should never have gone up in the first place. What you call "honouring their heritage" is actually the seditious act of thumbing your nose at the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, relating the lives and rights of non-whites in America.

The over-policing and the level of violence in policing in the USA today in black and brown communities, can be directly traced to the Jim Crow laws that oppressed and reduced blacks to indentured servitude in the post-Civil War South.

That's why the statues need to come down. All of them.

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Said the man that is pretending to be upset over events from more than a hundred years before he was born.

LOLOL

My point stands.

Their "regional pride" was racism and the suppression of blacks. That's what you call "regional pride."

No, it wasn't. Two complete separate... behaviors. Jim Crow was a series of laws calling for and requiring discrimination against blacks. The celebration of their regional pride was a process of holidays and events and education. The two have little if any overlap.

Your claim otherwise is unsupported bullshit aimed at justify your modern day bigotry and discrimination.

LOLOL

My point stands.

You English as second language types have no idea of history or the meaning of these statues. These statues were erected during the "Jim Crow" period of the South. It reminded both blacks and enlightened white people who supported rights for black people, that the codes of slavery and oppression of black people hadn't changed. These leaders were venerated throughout the South. The police, the judges, and the civic leaders were former all Confederate soldiers who were prepared to fight and die to preserve slavery and white supremacy. This made court cases to enforce rights for blacks, or to punish the white supremacists who terrorized them, difficult for blacks to win.

And interesting claim. Of course the codes of slavery ended, so your claim is obviously false. The "oppression of black people" changed a lot. Slaves don't get to move to other states to look for better jobs. As millions of blacks did during the Great Migration. So, that is twice your claim is proven false by history.

Regardless of what laws were passed by Northern liberals, the South hadn't voted for emancipation, or voting rights for blacks. They hadn't passed these laws and they had no intention of giving rights to black people.

The Civil War was not about not giving rights to black people, but about keeping them as slaves and the Southern States leaving the Union.

Those issues became moot, long before the statues went up.

There are no statues to Hilter in Germany. The statues to the Czars have all been torn down in Russia. No other country in the world honours traitors and those they defeated in war. These statues should never have gone up in the first place. What you call "honouring their heritage" is actually the seditious act of thumbing your nose at the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, relating the lives and rights of non-whites in America.

You are welcome to build a time machine and go back and tell the Americans of the day, to not forgive the Southerns. Barring that, the deed is done, and you do not have the Moral Authority to renege on that forgiveness.

The over-policing and the level of violence in policing in the USA today in black and brown communities, can be directly traced to the Jim Crow laws that oppressed and reduced blacks to indentured servitude in the post-Civil War South.

Minneapolis is in the northern state of Minnesota, Trying to draw a connection between the treatment of blacks in that city, ruled by progressive democrats for decades, and the Jim Crow South, is insane of you.

That's why the statues need to come down. All of them.

There is no connection between historical statues in the park and the progressive dem rule of minority dominated cities in the North.

This is about your bigotry and racism against Southern Whites.

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Said the man that is pretending to be upset over events from more than a hundred years before he was born.
Dumbfuck, slavery is more than a hundred years before you were born -- are you claiming you're not upset about it because it occurred here?

LOLOL

My point stands.

No, it wasn't. Two complete separate... behaviors. Jim Crow was a series of laws calling for and requiring discrimination against blacks. The celebration of their regional pride was a process of holidays and events and education. The two have little if any overlap.

Your claim otherwise is unsupported bullshit aimed at justify your modern day bigotry and discrimination.
LOL

Dumbfuck, you can't separate Jim Crow laws from the racist south. :cuckoo:

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

Dumbfuck, slavery is more than a hundred years before you were born -- are you claiming you're not upset about it because it occurred here?

That is correct. It is ancient history to me. A matter of historical interest with very minor emotional impact, akin to the War of 1812 and those damn Canadians kicking our asses or the building of the Pyramids.

And not because it occurred "here" but because it occurred long ago.

D"uh.

LOLOL

My point stands.

LOL

Fuck you, I'm not talking of the "racist South". And you can separate out completely separate behaviors.

YOU might not be able to think of the South, without thinking of "wacism", but you have a problem, a brain problem that many people don't have.

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

That is correct. It is ancient history to me. A matter of historical interest with very minor emotional impact, akin to the War of 1812 and those damn Canadians kicking our asses or the building of the Pyramids.

D"uh.
Only a piece of shit racist is not upset over slavery.

LOLOL

My point stands.

LOL

Fuck you, I'm not talking of the "racist South". And you can separate out completely separate behaviors.

YOU might not be able to think of the South, without thinking of "wacism", but you have a problem, a brain problem that many people don't have.
Any sensible person recognizes the racism of Jim Crow laws in the south. That's the attitude which permeated the south in those days. Your ignorance of it matters not. And no, it cannot be separated out. It was part & parcel with the south.

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

D"uh.

Only assholes trying to justify their shitty behavior, pretend to be upset about shit that happened over a century before they were born.

You are willing to fuck up people over shit their great, great, grandfathers did. That is you being the bad guy.

LOLOL

My point stands.

LOL

Any sensible person recognizes the racism of Jim Crow laws in the south. That's the attitude which permeated the south in those days. Your ignorance of it matters not. And no, it cannot be separated out. It was part & parcel with the south.

I stated that Jim Crow was racial discrimination. That is not me being ignorant of the racism of them.

THat you missed that, reveals how deeply irrational you are on this issue.

You are highly emotional about a war that was over, over a century before you were born.

That is you being hysterical.

Reasonable people can separate out different behaviors, and discuss them rationally.

The Confederate Veterans, fought and fought well and bravely. A reasonable person can discuss that, even celebrate those that did it well, without getting hot and bothered about the Cause they were fighting for, well over a century and a half ago.

That their children, put up statues to celebrate them, is completely normal behavior that children do.

And that has nothing to do with racism, or "wacism" and can be discussed, separately from racism, or "wacism".

Unless you are a hysterical bully, trying to justify your bad behavior.

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

D"uh.

Only assholes trying to justify their shitty behavior, pretend to be upset about shit that happened over a century before they were born.

You are willing to fuck up people over shit their great, great, grandfathers did. That is you being the bad guy.
LOL

Slobbers a raging racist who supports slavery.

LOLOL

My point stands.

LOL

I stated that Jim Crow was racial discrimination. That is not me being ignorant of the racism of them.

THat you missed that, reveals how deeply irrational you are on this issue.

You are highly emotional about a war that was over, over a century before you were born.

That is you being hysterical.

Reasonable people can separate out different behaviors, and discuss them rationally.

The Confederate Veterans, fought and fought well and bravely. A reasonable person can discuss that, even celebrate those that did it well, without getting hot and bothered about the Cause they were fighting for, well over a century and a half ago.

That their children, put up statues to celebrate them, is completely normal behavior that children do.

And that has nothing to do with racism, or "wacism" and can be discussed, separately from racism, or "wacism".

Unless you are a hysterical bully, trying to justify your bad behavior.
You piece of shit racist, Jim Crow laws emphasized and enabled racism in the south. You idiotically call that, "regional pride."

LOLOL

icon_rolleyes.gif

D"uh.

LOL

Slobbers a raging racist who supports slavery.

I made my point clearly and well. All you got is crying "Wacist" like a retarded child.

You are a fucking asshole who is pretending to be upset about shit that was moot more than a century before you were born, to justify your being an asshole today.

Forum List

Back