Mobs of ? Terrorize Downtown Louisville

You need to look away! This didn't happen! You aren't allowed to acknowledge it did! My fantasy world cannot be disrupted for any reason!!!!
\
:gay:

Was in Shawnee Park in the predominately black west end of the city...

Horror and dismay grips Louisville after gunman opens fire near football tournament to kick off Thanksgiving Day festivities
Friday 25th November, 2016. - Residents of Louisville were in for a shocker on Thanksgiving Day after a gunman opened fire at a riverfront park, 200 yards from the annual Juice Bowl football games, that annually kick off the Thanksgiving Day festivities.
According to reports, the Youth games had just ended and two women's teams were in the middle of a flag football game when the shots were heard. The Louisville Metro Police Department said that they had received a call reporting multiple shootings at Shawnee Park when they rushed to the scene. Police found two men that were fatally injured and four others that were shot at. While two of the men did not survive, the four others injured were rushed to the University Hospital and officials have said that their injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Mayor Greg Fischer who was in attendance at the games along with the entire community said in a Facebook post, “The Juice Bowl is a longtime Thanksgiving Day tradition filled with family and community cheer. To have people with guns so disrespect life, Shawnee Park, and neighbourhood tradition is sad and has no place in our city. I implore those with information about the shooting to please call LMPD. Witnesses who remain silent, as has been the case with too many shootings in the past, will solve nothing. The increase in homicides in our city should be alarming to everyone - and LMPD needs the public’s help to solve these crimes. Please call the anonymous tip line at 574-LMPD. Like hundreds of others, I was attending the Juice Bowl to share in this great community event when the shootings occurred. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all those impacted by today's violence.”

cus1480067039.jpg

Shooting in Louisville mars holiday festivities​

Meanwhile, Louisville Metro Police spokesperson Dwight Mitchell, in a statement said, “This is very tragic what’s happened here. I’m saddened. We’ve had over 100 homicides in our city, something that hasn’t happened in a long time. And we consider ourselves one of the safest cities in America, but when you have a tragedy like this, it certainly puts a damper on that.” Mitchell added, “The suspect remains at large.” Soon after news of the incident spread, coaches are said to have gathered and taken their players off the field to safety and the Men's games were cancelled. Reports also added that a man named Stephen Washburn Sr. was recording a Live video on Facebook showcasing motorcycle enthusiasts that had gathered near the park, when at least 19 gunshots were heard and people were seen dropping to the ground taking cover. The video, at last count, had over 1800 videos and was shared several times.

Reports quoted Charlotte Waddell, a cousin of the late Muhammad Ali who has attended the football event for decades. Waddell was quoted n the Courier-Journal as saying, “This is the worst Thanksgiving ever; I’ll never be back. I’m pretty shaken up.” The department currently has no information about the gunman or his motive, and the homicide unit along with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the shootings. The deaths of two people has taken the Louisville homicide toll for the year up to a record 112, with more than a month to go. The highest record was 110 homicides, in the year 1971.

Horror and dismay grips Louisville after gunman opens fire near football tournament to kick off Thanksgiving Day festivities

Was in Shawnee Park in the predominately black west end of the city...

Friday 25th November, 2016. - Residents of Louisville were in for a shocker on Thanksgiving Day after a gunman opened fire at a riverfront park, 200 yards from the annual Juice Bowl football games, that annually kick off the Thanksgiving Day festivities.
According to reports, the Youth games had just ended and two women's teams were in the middle of a flag football game when the shots were heard. The Louisville Metro Police Department said that they had received a call reporting multiple shootings at Shawnee Park when they rushed to the scene. Police found two men that were fatally injured and four others that were shot at. While two of the men did not survive, the four others injured were rushed to the University Hospital and officials have said that their injuries were not considered life-threatening.

Mayor Greg Fischer who was in attendance at the games along with the entire community said in a Facebook post, “The Juice Bowl is a longtime Thanksgiving Day tradition filled with family and community cheer. To have people with guns so disrespect life, Shawnee Park, and neighbourhood tradition is sad and has no place in our city. I implore those with information about the shooting to please call LMPD. Witnesses who remain silent, as has been the case with too many shootings in the past, will solve nothing. The increase in homicides in our city should be alarming to everyone - and LMPD needs the public’s help to solve these crimes. Please call the anonymous tip line at 574-LMPD. Like hundreds of others, I was attending the Juice Bowl to share in this great community event when the shootings occurred. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of all those impacted by today's violence.”

cus1480067039.jpg

Shooting in Louisville mars holiday festivities​

Meanwhile, Louisville Metro Police spokesperson Dwight Mitchell, in a statement said, “This is very tragic what’s happened here. I’m saddened. We’ve had over 100 homicides in our city, something that hasn’t happened in a long time. And we consider ourselves one of the safest cities in America, but when you have a tragedy like this, it certainly puts a damper on that.” Mitchell added, “The suspect remains at large.” Soon after news of the incident spread, coaches are said to have gathered and taken their players off the field to safety and the Men's games were cancelled. Reports also added that a man named Stephen Washburn Sr. was recording a Live video on Facebook showcasing motorcycle enthusiasts that had gathered near the park, when at least 19 gunshots were heard and people were seen dropping to the ground taking cover. The video, at last count, had over 1800 videos and was shared several times.

Reports quoted Charlotte Waddell, a cousin of the late Muhammad Ali who has attended the football event for decades. Waddell was quoted n the Courier-Journal as saying, “This is the worst Thanksgiving ever; I’ll never be back. I’m pretty shaken up.” The department currently has no information about the gunman or his motive, and the homicide unit along with the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives are investigating the shootings. The deaths of two people has taken the Louisville homicide toll for the year up to a record 112, with more than a month to go. The highest record was 110 homicides, in the year 1971.

Took 2 1/2 years, but you finally got out!

Forum List

Back