Montana becomes first state to completely ban TikTok

It is different because predatory lending can be shown to cause harm to others. That is not the case with TikTok.

If a state outlawed all gambling services it would be different as they did not target one specific one. If they just outlawed one and allowed the rest that would be the same as what they are doing now.
well...not really....I don't have all the details but a bipartisan group in Congress, who have conducted hearings and investigations on the company believe it can be a threat and do harm. I have to say that in todays age when both parties can do together on a topic, there might be something to it.

It is different because predatory lending can be shown to cause harm to others. That is not the case with TikTok.

If a state outlawed all gambling services it would be different as they did not target one specific one. If they just outlawed one and allowed the rest that would be the same as what they are doing now.
You’re wrong, why are you schilling for China

I have to say that in todays age when both parties can do together on a topic, there might be something to it.

I believe just the opposite. When they come together is when we get screwed the most.

Read up on what the RESTRICT Act does. It is not a good thing, it is a very bad thing that will give your nanny state way too much power

I believe just the opposite. When they come together is when we get screwed the most.

Read up on what the RESTRICT Act does. It is not a good thing, it is a very bad thing that will give your nanny state way too much power
wow...it gives the Sec of Commerce the ability to review business transactions of foreign adversaries doing buisiness here...wow...just horrible idea

The RESTRICT Act doesn't target one specific entity or country

wow...it gives the Sec of Commerce the ability to review business transactions of foreign adversaries doing buisiness here...wow...just horrible idea

It would also criminalize the use of VPNs among a whole list of other issues.

But hey, you would feel right at home with the Nanny State making sure you are safe

There is a first amendment right to tik-tok?

Well, according to the courts it is a violation of the 1st for the POTUS to block someone on Twitter.

Seems that shows how wide the view of the 1st is.

It would also criminalize the use of VPNs among a whole list of other issues.

But hey, you would feel right at home with the Nanny State making sure you are safe
you need to stop following crackpipe conspiracy theory memes....I thought you might learn that after all the Russian/Trump memes have been exposed as a hoax..

The claim: RESTRICT Act allows the government to monitor all devices, access Wi-Fi and criminalize VPN​

Our rating: False​

Bill doesn't criminalize having VPN​

There is no specific language in the RESTRICT Act that mentions criminal punishment of any kind for using or having a virtual private network, or VPN, according to Ivory.

A VPN changes an individual's device’s IP address to ensure they can browse the internet anonymously, as USA TODAY reported.

Although VPNs are not mentioned anywhere in the bill, experts and organizations have raised concerns that the language in the bill is broad enough that it could possibly be applied to individuals, according to Ivory.

For instance, if an individual used a VPN through an internet service provider to other sites, services and individuals from a Chinese producer, that could be restricted, McKnight said.

But Warner and Thune rebutted these concerns in an opinion column they co-wrote for The Wall Street Journal, noting that "these criminal penalties are targeted at corporations and executives who conspire to evade a mitigation order or ban – not everyday Americans."

you need to stop following crackpipe conspiracy theory memes....I thought you might learn that after all the Russian/Trump memes have been exposed as a hoax..

The claim: RESTRICT Act allows the government to monitor all devices, access Wi-Fi and criminalize VPN​

Our rating: False​

Bill doesn't criminalize having VPN​

There is no specific language in the RESTRICT Act that mentions criminal punishment of any kind for using or having a virtual private network, or VPN, according to Ivory.

A VPN changes an individual's device’s IP address to ensure they can browse the internet anonymously, as USA TODAY reported.

Although VPNs are not mentioned anywhere in the bill, experts and organizations have raised concerns that the language in the bill is broad enough that it could possibly be applied to individuals, according to Ivory.

For instance, if an individual used a VPN through an internet service provider to other sites, services and individuals from a Chinese producer, that could be restricted, McKnight said.

But Warner and Thune rebutted these concerns in an opinion column they co-wrote for The Wall Street Journal, noting that "these criminal penalties are targeted at corporations and executives who conspire to evade a mitigation order or ban – not everyday Americans."

You have far too much faith in the benevolence of the Fed Govt.

I bet you think the PATRIOT ACT is a great fucking bill also.

Forum List

Back