Moodys' Rates Bidens Build Back Better Bill as "mostly" Non-Inflationary

Regardless of what you think of Moody's (and that's likely to change based on the day and the argument your are trying for)...this is what Marc Zandi is saying now...

The same Marc Zandi who correctly predicted the 2007 Recession.
If he predicted it and he is their chief economist now then why didn’t Moodys downgrade the numerous debt ratings? And it’s not going to change, they are a ratings agency. Do you not understand English?

If he predicted it and he is their chief economist now then why didn’t Moodys downgrade the numerous debt ratings? And it’s not going to change, they are a ratings agency. Do you not understand English?
Because Moody's is a big corporation and Zandi doesn't run every department?

I thought you were supposed to "know" how these companies work.

Because Moody's is a big corporation and Zandi doesn't run every department?

I thought you were supposed to "know" how these companies work.
Every dept? Such as the one that does it’s primary business, which is debt ratings. LOL

You lemmings are funny.

And all that ignores the fact that Fritch also made the same assessment

I don't follow the logic. Is building a bridge, or in many cases replacing racist roads and bridges going to make transportation cheaper? If so, how?

Infrastructure and remote work - less time spent in traffic/ports etc. creates efficiencies - reduces transportation costs, fuel use, repairs.

Daycare - you have 2-3 people handle a whole class of kids, freeing their parents to work, which increases labor supply and productivity, reducing costs.

Prescription drugs - when you reduce thier cost...you reduce medical spending growth.

Whats not to follow?

Time will tell who was right. If inflation continues to skyrocket you can probably kiss the Democratic Party goodbye. Biden will have effectively shot himself and his own party in the foot.

View attachment 565554
7d52bcnyz7z71.jpg

imo it makes some sense, even thought the Dems first bill with the $1000 checks didn't fare as well. (not that I'm ungrateful and my wife's job was disappreared and the UI was good). But Moodys makes the claim that both the Infrastructure Bill and BBB will grow the economy. Absolutely new roads and safer water more than pay for themselves, and that used to be accepted by the former Non-Trumpian-Grievance gop. But putting more money in workers' pockets may eventually cause more jobs to be created, but where are the workers, esp when women are being paid to stay home with expanded child tax credits? And both Moodys and Fitchs Ratings seem to be assuming the supply chains will be able to get enough goods to consumers to satisfy demand with little inflation.

for two decades I've thought the gop's tax cuts were aimed at the wrong folks. If there's more demand for goods from workers, the 1% has always benefited .... but the converse has not been so. But when we can't even get goods from producers to shelves .... it seems to me that inflation is inevitable.
Yeah... sort of how BLM's protest were "Mostly peaceful"????

Are these the same type financial experts that missed the coming Dotcom bubble burst in the 90s and the housing collaspe in 2008? No disrespect to the so called experts but I have more faith in those who use basic common sense.

imo it makes some sense, even thought the Dems first bill with the $1000 checks didn't fare as well. (not that I'm ungrateful and my wife's job was disappreared and the UI was good). But Moodys makes the claim that both the Infrastructure Bill and BBB will grow the economy. Absolutely new roads and safer water more than pay for themselves, and that used to be accepted by the former Non-Trumpian-Grievance gop. But putting more money in workers' pockets may eventually cause more jobs to be created, but where are the workers, esp when women are being paid to stay home with expanded child tax credits? And both Moodys and Fitchs Ratings seem to be assuming the supply chains will be able to get enough goods to consumers to satisfy demand with little inflation.

for two decades I've thought the gop's tax cuts were aimed at the wrong folks. If there's more demand for goods from workers, the 1% has always benefited .... but the converse has not been so. But when we can't even get goods from producers to shelves .... it seems to me that inflation is inevitable.

Moody's: Wolverines make great house pets!

ya, ita was such a great idea that nancy pelosi was able to exempt herself from many of the tax provisions.

Forum List

Back