Moral Decline in the 1970's

SaxxyBlues

Gold Member
Nov 15, 2016
I was in high school in the 70's. You hear a lot about the "moral decline" in the 1970's and how abortion on demand arose from that lack of morals. Why do I see it as, when did we finally get the morals? Who are those folks? When did those folks get in command? :confused:

I can most definitely attest that there was something going on during that decade and I wasn't even here yet. My late beautiful precious Billy Joe Royal lost his momentum on the radio during them years and was not able to get it back until the middle of the next decade.

God bless you and those who have loved him longer than me always!!!

Holly

P.S. What in the world were people drinking back then?

That decline is rooted in Marxist usurpation of academia, media, the democrat party and ultimately popular culture.
We’re experiencing a renaissance of that irresponsible hedonistic period as today’s senior class were the children of that first wave of counterculture and they’re now indoctrinating the current idiots.
Looks like things will continue to deteriorate before they improve — if they ever do.

I was in high school in the 70's. You hear a lot about the "moral decline" in the 1970's and how abortion on demand arose from that lack of morals. Why do I see it as, when did we finally get the morals? Who are those folks? When did those folks get in command? :confused:

notice anything different about gay pride marches of yore and open air gay sex festivals of today ..

the degenerate left has come a long way morphing it into something else

34f4aa05efirst-gay-pride-march-july-27-1969-jpg-web_gallery.jpeg

0b9ca074fview-of-paradegoers-during-the-fifth-annual-christopher-st-liberation-day-march.jpeg

-in-the-1975-march-june-29-jpg-web_gallery.jpeg

when the moon moved out of the bronx and into orbit :04::20:

Attachments

• 0b9ca074fview-of-paradegoers-during-the-fifth-annual-christopher-st-liberation-day-march.jpeg
    0b9ca074fview-of-paradegoers-during-the-fifth-annual-christopher-st-liberation-day-march.jpeg
    241.3 KB · Views: 42
you can only go down the moral ladder so far before you hit bottom

The post belongs in the history forum rather than current events. That having been said, it's no coincidence that the S.C. found a "right to privacy" that didn't exist in the Constitution and made abortion legal (and profitable) in 1973. Factor in LBJ's profound failure of the "great society" and his war in Vietnam and you have a recipe for anarchy and self destruction that we are still trying to deal with.

Vietnam-you were either for or against. The hatred on each side resembled the Civil War.

There was no "moral decline" – that was then, and is now, baseless demagoguery and rhetoric from the reactionary right.

Indeed, the last 50 years have been a period of moral ascent – where in the courts, in government, and in private industry Americans have worked to end segregation, end racism, end discrimination, and end sexism.

America has become a more diverse and inclusive society; but there remains much work to do – the reactionary, frightened, hateful right poses a great threat to the progress we’ve made during the last 50 years, we can’t allow authoritarian conservatives to destroy the beneficial change that has occurred.

Let's start with the Ten Commandments.

P.S. Where do you get your morals?

Forum List

Back