Moral dilemma,and big govt dictating to local govt.

The boycotting of Israeli goods is to become a criminal offence

How would this play in the US ?

We didnt vote for this law. They have slipped it in without a mandate.

Isnt it the government oversteppping the mark ?

On the other hand it gives support to our allies in Israel as well as the fag makers and other death merchants.

Its not right is it ?

Long Long ago------when I was a kid-----there developed a notion that it
would be a good idea to LIST-------businesses owned and operated by
OBSERVANT CHRISTIANS-------so that good Christians could BOYCOTT
businesses owned -----by -----anyone other than "CHRISTIANS IN GOOD
STANDING"----------the program was determined to be UNLAWFUL, <<<
that THE USA

I can see how that could be unlawful. It is essentially a bigots charter and cuts across the freedom to worship.

The boycotts in the UK are based on opposition to the actions of a people rather than the people itself.

There is a difference.

Of course it could be argued that its a slippery slope. I would not want to give any money to the Saudis but I havent got a clue where the petrol that drives my car comes from.

People are going to shop and buy what and where they are going to shop and buy. I suppose, if you monopolize the market you could force them to buy from you, otherwise, I fail to see the point of this post.

Also, this is about politics in GB. So why is it in US Discussion?

This really seems like a non-issue.

yawn1.gif

Although your post did help alert me to where goods and products are made to help me boycott them locally, thanks!

Israeli Products Home

I can see how that could be unlawful. It is essentially a bigots charter and cuts across the freedom to worship.

The boycotts in the UK are based on opposition to the actions of a people rather than the people itself.

There is a difference.

Of course it could be argued that its a slippery slope. I would not want to give any money to the Saudis but I havent got a clue where the petrol that drives my car comes from.

right-----the BOYCOTT Israel is not in any way equitable. It is racism unless all
products are clearly marked as to origin and campaigns to
BOYCOTT and DIVEST from any ---CHOICE TARGET----becomes legal. It is
more than a slippery slope------it is racist just as a BOYCOTT PAKISTAN---would
be kinda racist. -------PAKI DIVESTMENT signs all over the city

People are going to shop and buy what and where they are going to shop and buy. I suppose, if you monopolize the market you could force them to buy from you, otherwise, I fail to see the point of this post.

yawn1.gif

Although your post did help alert me to where goods and products are made to help me boycott them locally, thanks!

Israeli Products Home

the law under discussion involves INSTITUTIONS that BOYCOTT

There is a difference.

right-----the BOYCOTT Israel is not in any way equitable. It is racism unless all
Pakistan goods are not made in illegal settlements. Once again its the actions and not the people that are the target. It is not racist in any way.

yawn1.gif

Israeli Products Home
I saw it as a very American issue. Big government dictating to local government against the wishes of the local people.

There is a difference.

Pakistan goods are not made in illegal settlements. Once again its the actions and not the people that are the target. It is not racist in any way.

Pakistani sunnis MURDER Shiites in the streets------OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW IF A COMPANY MAKING STAINLESS STEEL SISSORS IS SUNNI
OWNED_-------ya think I want to support bullets in the heads of Shiites?. There
are people BOYCOTTING all Israeli made stuff-------in fact there has been a
COMPREHENSIVE BOYCOTT in place since about 1950. NO PEPSI PRODUCTS IN ISRAEL ----since about 1950. The Pakistani grammar school
education ALSO produces TERRORISTS-------you like the idea of mutilation murders of hindus??

There is a difference.

Pakistani sunnis MURDER Shiites in the streets------OF COURSE I WANT TO KNOW IF A COMPANY MAKING STAINLESS STEEL SISSORS IS SUNNI
COMPREHENSIVE BOYCOTT in place since about 1950. NO PEPSI PRODUCTS IN ISRAEL ----since about 1950. The Pakistani grammar school
education ALSO produces TERRORISTS-------you like the idea of mutilation murders of hindus??
Can I refer you to my previous response.

There is a difference.

Can I refer you to my previous response.

your previous response is a MOOT POINT-------that you have defined the
settlements on the west bank as ILLEGAL ------is not THE UNIVERSAL
OPINION. That you support domestic and exported terrorism based on
PAKISTANI EDUCATION is not ----universally acceptable in the world

Forum List

Back