Zone1 Morality is natural phenomenon.

It's not an accusation, just because you're sensitive and defensive about it. It's just what religious people do. They first assume the religion is truth, then all new information is manipulated to fit it.
It is and it is unsubstantiated. Follow the thread back.

It's not an accusation, just because you're sensitive and defensive about it. It's just what religious people do. They first assume the religion is truth, then all new information is manipulated to fit it.

Big fat strawman. No one is saying "religion is truth."

I think this is the 10,394th time today I've had to say this, but one more time: religion and God are not the same thing.

Objective truth has a source. Especially when those truths involve intelligence, wisdom, order....things like that. It doesn't come from man.

Man discovers objective truths, he doesn't create them.

Big fat strawman. No one is saying "religion is truth."

I think this is the 10,394th time today I've had to say this, but one more time: religion and God are not the same thing.

Objective truth has a source. Especially when those truths involve intelligence, wisdom, order....things like that. It doesn't come from man.

Man discovers objective truths, he doesn't create them.
The Catholic church has abandoned the search for truth by allowed the flock to believe whatever they like.

That has left them hanging in the ether somewhere between Genesis and Darwinian evolution.

What do you believe? What does any Catholic believe?

It has to be one or the other, but it can have certain qualifications that are granted by your church.

The Catholic church has abandoned the search for truth by allowed the flock to believe whatever they like.

That has left them hanging in the ether somewhere between Genesis and Darwinian evolution.

It has to be one or the other, but it can have certain qualifications that are granted by your church.
I'm guessing you think you are hurting me by lying like that but you're only harming yourself. Bad habits aren't as easily turned off and on like light switches.

I'm thinking you could benefit from Paul Harvey's words more than anyone.

Now that I think about it... presonorek would benefit from Paul's words of wisdom too. Assuming he has a conscience and all. I'm not really holding out hope for Donald H.

Another fair Q FF

as an aside, i'll point to nature , being as i live with, and subsequently spend more time with animals than humans

animals have a sense of justice , they form packs, have leaders ,and quite frankly are superior in that their ethics are simple, not complex

or, maybe i've just been out in the woods too long......:rolleyes:?

~S~
LOL I know what you mean Sparky. But those animals care only about themselves and their status in the pack. Probably do feel affection for their mate, their offspring, some or all in their group. But I am confident that even if they are aware about what is happening to other groups or other species, they could care less. So what is it that prompts people to volunteer to help out, who send donations to orphanages and other ministries to help people they are unlikely to ever meet or even know their names, who fund organizations like Animal Humane Association and such? I can't see rational thinking or science as the root cause of either.

There are some birds that help out other birds they are related to but not of their immediate family. But they do not lift a feather to help another bird that is not of their own genetic family even if that bird is in serious trouble. It is a phenomenon that is fascinating to watch.

Humans seem to be the only species that cares much about anything other than themselves and theirs.

Last edited:
Probably do feel affection for their mate, their offspring, some or all in their group
There is nothing more powerful than a mother's love FF, be it animal or human...

But all are not self serving.......do you ever watch crows? how they communicate?

they've literally a social hierarchy

~S~

LOL I know what you mean Sparky. But those animals care only about themselves and their status in the pack. Probably do feel affection for their mate, their offspring, some or all in their group. But I am confident that even if they are aware about what is happening to other groups or other species, they could care less. So what is it that prompts people to volunteer to help out, who send donations to orphanages and other ministries to help people they are unlikely to ever meet or even know their names, who fund organizations like Animal Humane Association and such? I can't see rational thinking or science as the root cause of either.

Humans seem to be the only species that cares much about anything other than themselves and theirs.

There's actually evidence that points to the contrary. If I had the time and the desire, I could show you video clips that back that up.

But I don't want to take this thread totally off topic.

Now that I think about it... presonorek would benefit from Paul's words of wisdom too. Assuming he has a conscience and all. I'm not really holding out hope for Donald H.

I'm not quite ready to listen to somebody who imagines he has a letter from the gods!

I'm not Catholic. So I can't speak to that, other than to say that having one foot in the world and one foot in Christianity goes clearly against the teachings of Jesus and the scriptures, going back to the beginning. That's yet another topic that could be a thread of its own. Ultimately one needs to 'pick a side.' Because what the world promotes is simply not compatible with biblical Christianity.

To answer your question for me, I believe Darwinian evolution is one of the biggest lies ever perpetrated on mankind. I used to believe it, in the past. Not because I saw evidence or because it made sense to me.... simply because it was what I was taught growing up. Now I can see it for what it is.... just one of the many lies most of us grew up with.

I listened to this entire video. It sounds like Baha'i theology.

The author said God wrote this. I have my suspicions about all that. The author of the letter says that he doesn't write things but yet he wrote this. He also claimed that sibling rivalries are myth. Anybody with a sibling knows this isn't true. The Bible encompasses all of life, both good and bad. This letter was outrageously simplistic and childlike. It sounded all cute and sweet. That means it isn't useful. In life there is more bad than good so this letter covered less than half of life. I heard nothing in this "letter from God" that impressed me or surprised me. Like I said. It sounds like Baha'i theology. Nothing wrong with it I suppose. Humans fight. It is what they do. The Bible covers all of that thoroughly. This letter ignored that reality. If I were to rate the philosophy of this "letter from God" on its usefulness I'd give it a 0 out of 100. Everybody wants the things the author of this letter wants. So did it resonate with me? Sure. The same way my daily horoscope does. The author of the letter was praising religion 5% of the time but bashing it 95% of the time.

There is a religion like this if you want it. It isn't Christianity at all. It is called Baha'i.

Alternate Response: I'm converting to non-religiousism right away. That letter was amazing and life-changing. This really softened my heart and opened my mind. Now I believe in the one true god. I will ignore the teachings of the other gods and ignore the teachings of the other gods all at the same time. Wow. This video covered everything. How could have been so blind all these years?

The author said God wrote this. I have my suspicions about all that. The author of the letter says that he doesn't write things but yet he wrote this. He also claimed that sibling rivalries are myth. Anybody with a sibling knows this isn't true. The Bible encompasses all of life, both good and bad. This letter was outrageously simplistic and childlike. It sounded all cute and sweet. That means it isn't useful. In life there is more bad than good so this letter covered less than half of life. I heard nothing in this "letter from God" that impressed me or surprised me. Like I said. It sounds like Baha'i theology. Nothing wrong with it I suppose. Humans fight. It is what they do. The Bible covers all of that thoroughly. This letter ignored that reality. If I were to rate the philosophy of this "letter from God" on its usefulness I'd give it a 0 out of 100. Everybody wants the things the author of this letter wants. So did it resonate with me? Sure. The same way my daily horoscope does. The author of the letter was praising religion 5% of the time but bashing it 95% of the time.

There is a religion like this if you want it. It isn't Christianity at all. It is called Baha'i.

Alternate Response: I'm converting to non-religiousism right away. That letter was amazing and life-changing. This really softened my heart and opened my mind. Now I believe in the one true god. I will ignore the teachings of the other gods and ignore the teachings of the other gods all at the same time. Wow. This video covered everything. How could have been so blind all these years?
It went right over your head that you arguing theology like a religious nut job makes you the problem and not the solution. Seems like you have more in common with the Westboro Baptists than you might think.

I'm not quite ready to listen to somebody who imagines he has a letter from the gods!

I listened to it. I'll save you 8 minutes. It said religion is good and religion is bad. It said be sweet, hold hands, and hug. It said that all gods are the same but His way was the best. It was written with the attitude of a six year old with the wit and sarcasm of a cynical 70 year old grumpy man. Ding just wants to convert everybody to his religion of not having a religion. The depth of this letter on a scale of 1-100 is easily a zero. The takeaway from the Letter From God is that all beliefs are dumb except the belief of the author of the letter even though it tried to disguise that with one or two soft comments to get you to brush off the authoritative tone of the letter. Just save your 8 minutes. You'll be underwhelmed if you listen to it. I'm not saying it is bad, or annoying. It just wasn't impressive at all.

I agree with everything Paul Harvey said BTW. I thought his observations were quite accurate and wise. You really should be ashamed of yourself.

It went right over your head that you arguing theology like a religious nut job makes you the problem and not the solution. Seems like you have more in common with the Westboro Baptists than you might think.

So this letter from God changed your life?

Forum List

Back