More Donald Rumsfeld Known Unknowns

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
I <3 Rumsfeld. He's a true poet, as evidenced in his prose poem to the IRS.

He informs them he has no idea if his tax returns are accurate, which is the truth. The IRS can't even tell someone how to accurately interpret the tax code if one calls for advice.

boedicca-albums-mo-4-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6525-rumsfeld-copy.jpg

From his Facebook page.

Last edited:
The Tax Codes have become tools for manipulation and the IRS is an agency of intimidation. We are well past a righteous revolution.

If we had a simplified, flat tax, the economy would actually be growing and creating at least double the jobs it now does.

I <3 Rumsfeld. He's a true poet, as evidence in his prose poem to the IRS.

He informs them he has no idea if his tax returns are accurate, which is the truth. The IRS can't even tell someone how to accurately interpret the tax code if one calls for advice.

boedicca-albums-mo-4-boedicca-s-stuff-picture6525-rumsfeld-copy.jpg

From his Facebook page.

I did not agree with him on Iraq and Afghanistan. But I do agree with him on the IRS.

Rumsfeld is spot on regarding the IRS.

Rumsfeld: I dont know if my taxes are correct, despite being a college grad, if you have any questions...ask my accountant.

Rumsfelds Accountant: I dont know if the war in Iraq was correct despite being a math wiz, if you have any questions....ask the Secretary of State

Close Caption: I only post strawman arguments and non sequiturs. If you want to read a coherent post, don't read mine.

Rumsfeld is spot on regarding the IRS.

No he isn't. The IRS didn't write the rules, Congress did.

Congress sells carve outs, exemptions, credits, and deductions to the highest bidders to keep their re-election campaign coffers full. Their sellouts cost us $1.2 trillion a year.

Just watch a a person scream like a welfare queen when you tell them they need to give up their mortgage interest deduction so we can lower tax rates for everyone else.

Last edited:
Ah good ol Rummy...it's always someone else's fault when he screws up ...

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If you have been to college you can read tax code..if not, you're not very smert....

Not very smert?

How Many Words are in the Tax Code?

Statutes: There&#8217;s the literal statutes that Congress has passed (Title 26 of the U.S. Code). The Government Printing Office sells it spread over two volumes, and according to them, book one is 1,404 pages and book two is 1,248 pages, for a total of 2,652 pages. At perhaps 450 words per page, that puts the tax code at well over 1 million words. (By way of comparison, the King James Bible has 788,280 words; War and Peace runs 560,000 words; and the Harry Potter series is just over 1 million words.)

2,652 pages is much longer than the ACA, by the way.

Statutes and Regulations: However, a tax practitioner who relies just on the tax statutes will go to jail, because so much of federal tax law is in IRS regulations, revenue rulings, and other clarifications. Congress will set down a policy and leave it to the IRS to write all the rules to implement it. These regulations aren&#8217;t short: the National Taxpayer Advocate did a Microsoft Word word count of the tax statutes and IRS regulations in 2012, and came up with roughly 4 million words. Again at roughly 450 words per page, that comes out to around 9,000 pages. The National Taxpayer Advocate also noted that the tax code changed 4,680 times from 2001 to 2012, an average of once per day.

Last edited:
Rumsfeld: I dont understand computer repair despite being a college grad...if you have any questions ask my Computer Tech

I dont understand car repair despite being a college grad...if you have any questions ask my mechanic

If we had a simplified, flat tax, the economy would actually be growing and creating at least double the jobs it now does.

Do you really believe the rich are going to go for a 30% flat tax with no deductions? BWAH HA HA! The interest on the national debt is a trillion dollars a year. Pay off the debt and your taxes WILL BE LOWER.

If you have been to college you can read tax code..if not, you're not very smert....

Not very smert?

How Many Words are in the Tax Code?

Statutes: There&#8217;s the literal statutes that Congress has passed (Title 26 of the U.S. Code). The Government Printing Office sells it spread over two volumes, and according to them, book one is 1,404 pages and book two is 1,248 pages, for a total of 2,652 pages. At perhaps 450 words per page, that puts the tax code at well over 1 million words. (By way of comparison, the King James Bible has 788,280 words; War and Peace runs 560,000 words; and the Harry Potter series is just over 1 million words.)

2,652 pages is much longer than the ACA, by the way.

Statutes and Regulations: However, a tax practitioner who relies just on the tax statutes will go to jail, because so much of federal tax law is in IRS regulations, revenue rulings, and other clarifications. Congress will set down a policy and leave it to the IRS to write all the rules to implement it. These regulations aren&#8217;t short: the National Taxpayer Advocate did a Microsoft Word word count of the tax statutes and IRS regulations in 2012, and came up with roughly 4 million words. Again at roughly 450 words per page, that comes out to around 9,000 pages. The National Taxpayer Advocate also noted that the tax code changed 4,680 times from 2001 to 2012, an average of once per day.

Question for Moonglow - and no fair using search engine.

What's on page 3,692 of the IRS regulations?

Do you really believe the rich are going to go for a 30% flat tax with no deductions? BWAH HA HA! The interest on the national debt is a trillion dollars a year. Pay off the debt and your taxes WILL BE LOWER.

We don't need a 30% flat tax. Historically, federal tax receipts have averaged around 18% of GDP regardless of tax rates.

It is quite feasible to set a 10-15% flat tax rate with no deductions by getting rid of the government apparatus that administers all of the complexity. Government is too big, and its killing off our society.

What a dumbass, I can do taxes for people all day long, even did them before computers did them...

Says the man with squat for income or deductions. You're not very "smert"

Hardly, you must think because of my medical condition I am indignant....I did my own business taxes and helped other self employed people do theirs....I started in the 1970's..My Grandad was a retired attorney and state legislature member (1951-1964) in OKC. So I read his law library and learned tax code...

Forum List

Back