More economic GOOD News...DOW hits new record..on track to hit 17K.

Read it an weep gloom and doom conserverinos!

Dow Average and S&P 500 Hit New Highs
Stocks Notch Records as Beaten-Down Shares Mount a Rally

nvestors snapped up shares of companies large and small, driving major indexes to records and reviving beaten-down technology stocks.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 112.13 points, or 0.7%, to 16695.47, notching its second record finish in as many sessions and its third new high of 2014. The Dow notched 52 records in 2013.

The S&P 500 added 18.17 points, or 1%, to 1896.65, squeezing out its ninth record close of the year.

That along with a great April jobs report should really be making you folks cry.

:lol:

Rich people getting $85 billion a month from Obama will do that.

The April jobs report sucked. 280k jobs is just barely treading water in the job market. You need that many just to keep up with all of the new workers that are coming on the job market in May after graduation.

I remember the days when Bush created 6 million new jobs in a short period of time, and you libs said they were all low paying entry-level jobs.

Yah think?

Don't forget the 800,000 people who dropped out of the labor force in April!

Would you guys be happier if we all agreed that the nation's economy is collapsing? Just wondering.
It isn't doing well around here, I don't know if it's collapsing but if it implodes and starts to I don't think we could stop it at that point.

Government Cut Massive Jobs
fredgraph.png

Economy Created Far More Jobs Than Government Cut.
fredgraph.png

Read it an weep gloom and doom conserverinos!

Dow Average and S&P 500 Hit New Highs
Stocks Notch Records as Beaten-Down Shares Mount a Rally

nvestors snapped up shares of companies large and small, driving major indexes to records and reviving beaten-down technology stocks.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 112.13 points, or 0.7%, to 16695.47, notching its second record finish in as many sessions and its third new high of 2014. The Dow notched 52 records in 2013.

The S&P 500 added 18.17 points, or 1%, to 1896.65, squeezing out its ninth record close of the year.

That along with a great April jobs report should really be making you folks cry.

:lol:

What have liberals done specifically to grow the stock market?

Economy Created Far More Jobs Than Government Cut.
What does that mean to you? If the government cut two well paying big benefit jobs and private sector created three part time no benefit jobs, this would mean what exactly?

Democrats get lucky when it comes to the market. Bill Clinton had the internet boom. Obama had the market retrace after the banking crisis. And both of them had low intrest rates policies by the fed.

Why should the wealthy pay reduced rate capital gains while someone who works for the money pays a higher rate?

Ask your hero FDR. He established the "INCOME" tax.

Capital gains are not "income".

So?

Why should investment income be taxed at a lower rate than income gained through labor
You like double taxation? Really? I say since you do? Let's do something special and triple tax your Retirement/Social Security and see if you don't change your tune son.

Rightwinger is clueless. People that risk their capital that is the economic engine for growth in our country. Productivity and Innovation derives from capital investment. Labor is reliant on that.

Rightwinger is clueless. People that risk their capital that is the economic engine for growth in our country. Productivity and Innovation derives from capital investment. Labor is reliant on that.
Over taxation/Regulation is destroying it...and their precious "Middle Class" they claim to care about.

Ask your hero FDR. He established the "INCOME" tax.

Capital gains are not "income".

So?

Why should investment income be taxed at a lower rate than income gained through labor
You like double taxation? Really? I say since you do? Let's do something special and triple tax your Retirement/Social Security and see if you don't change your tune son.

It is not double taxation. It is a tax on capital "gain" ......it hasn't been taxed before

Moreso than labor that produces a product? I don't think so

It is labor that built this country

Hard to find people willing to labor for nothing. :badgrin:

Hard to find people willing to labor for nothing. :badgrin:

Hard to find capitalists willing to build a product themselves

Capital is the only thing that gives people the incentive to get off their ass. There is no labor without capital.

Capital is the only thing that gives people the incentive to get off their ass. There is no labor without capital.

No capital without labor

Let's tax them the same

Forum List

Back