More Pandering - Harris Wants To Forgive Medical Debt

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021

Vice President Kamala Harris wants to forgive medical debt for millions of Americans.

The economic plan Harris rolled out last week notes that the Democratic presidential nominee and her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, would work with states to relieve people of their medical debt and “to help them avoid accumulating such debt in the future, because no one should go bankrupt just because they had the misfortune of becoming sick or hurt.”

Some 15 million Americans have medical bills on their credit reports, according to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau research published in April. People in the U.S. owe at least $220 billion in medical debt, a February KFF analysis found.

Yes sireeee.

I will going to the doctor and running up all kinds of bills in anticipation of Hindenburg Harris paying them off.

They are not even trying to hide the pandering.

Not to mention government picking winners and losers.

You know, the person who honors their debts vs those who think the world owes them something.

And all that.

And, of course, how will she do it ? Is she going to tell the medical industry......tough shit or is she going to pay them off with your money and thus increase our debt ?

Who is going to pay for all these bribes?

Maybe I should not put my medical expenses on my credit card anymore, or even pay them at all. All will be forgiven!

They are masters at buying votes, and along the way they train generation after generation that the government is there so you can be a freeloader.

They are masters at buying votes, and along the way they train generation after generation that the government is there so you can be a freeloader.
It's amazing.

What about the honorable person who scrimmped and saved to pay off a medical debt.

I have serious questions about those who go into medical bankruptcy.

Probably that they had more money. Medical bills usually aren't a voluntary thing, yes?
Probably ?

So you don't know.

And Harris will now pick winners and losers.

And we'll be paying for it unless she shoves it to the medical industry (where we already pay for crap like illegals in the ER).

Medical bills are medical bills. Voluntary, in some cases yes.

Yes...pandering

“Medical debt affects an enormous number of people, so it’s an issue that resonates with voters,” said Larry Levitt, executive vice president for health policy at KFF.

Who is going to pay for all these bribes?
I will give you three guesses.

And Barack Obama probably isn't one of them.

He's got 70 million now....maybe he could pay off a few peoples bills since he's made us pay off others.

Former President Donald Trump hasn’t come out with a medical debt cancellation proposal, but as president he pushed for more price transparency for patients and to curb surprise medical bills.

Seems reasonable.

Forum List

Back