More Pandering - Harris Wants To Forgive Medical Debt

Simply dismissing all of that debt out of hand will create an avalanche of bankruptcies.
Not nevessarily. People already don't pay their medical debt. And companies then spend years servicing the debt and securing judgments in court and chasing around the debtors. It's the number one cause of bankruptcy. Medical debt that goes to bankruptcy does not get paid.

In fact, with the government subsidy involved, the Healthcare providers may come out ahead.

Not nevessarily. People already don't pay their medical debt. And companies then spend years servicing the debt and securing judgments in court and chasing around the debtors. It's the number one cause of bankruptcy. Medical debt that goes to bankruptcy does not get paid.

In fact, with the government subsidy involved, the Healthcare providers may come out ahead.

Government subsidy ==> Your money

Who is going to pay for all these bribes?

Maybe I should not put my medical expenses on my credit card anymore, or even pay them at all. All will be forgiven!
I don't have medical debt, nor student debt, yet I like to see other people being helped out. It' a Christian thing.

This is like a bottomless pit of money going towards the debt. It is already impossible to climb out of the national debt. Why would they add napalm to the already flaming forest fire of debt?

Vice President Kamala Harris wants to forgive medical debt for millions of Americans.

The economic plan Harris rolled out last week notes that the Democratic presidential nominee and her running mate, Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, would work with states to relieve people of their medical debt and “to help them avoid accumulating such debt in the future, because no one should go bankrupt just because they had the misfortune of becoming sick or hurt.”

Some 15 million Americans have medical bills on their credit reports, according to Consumer Financial Protection Bureau research published in April. People in the U.S. owe at least $220 billion in medical debt, a February KFF analysis found.

Yes sireeee.

I will going to the doctor and running up all kinds of bills in anticipation of Hindenburg Harris paying them off.

They are not even trying to hide the pandering.

Not to mention government picking winners and losers.

You know, the person who honors their debts vs those who think the world owes them something.

And all that.

And, of course, how will she do it ? Is she going to tell the medical industry......tough shit or is she going to pay them off with your money and thus increase our debt ?

The reason mice die in the mousetrap is because they don't understand why the cheese is free.

This is like a bottomless pit of money going towards the debt. It is already impossible to climb out of the national debt. Why would they add napalm to the already flaming forest fire of debt?
Because we are a stupid country of starfuckers that is terrified of taxing corporations and the rich.

Or maybe that wasn't the answer you were looking for, haha

I'm talking about business bankruptcy.

33% of an extended hospital stay is still bankruptcy territory for most americans.
You just don't pay it. Medical debt doesn't even qualify for filing bankruptcy. You will get blacklisted from that hospital. That's why they have those people interview you before you can be admitted. They're checking your deadbeatedness level.

Healthcare should be free for everyone.

You just don't pay it. Medical debt doesn't even qualify for filing bankruptcy. You will get blacklisted from that hospital. That's why they have those people interview you before you can be admitted. They're checking your deadbeatedness level.

Healthcare should be free for everyone.
Well.... That's impossible actually. Free health care would amount to no health care at all.
Everything has a cost and someone has to pay it.

Now if you're suggesting that the government pay 100% of it....I suppose that's already been tried.

You run into problems with habitual drug users, cigarette smokers, and 500 lb elephants who eat six apple pies everyday for lunch.

Well.... That's impossible actually. Free health care would amount to no health care at all.
Everything has a cost and someone has to pay it.

Now if you're suggesting that the government pay 100% of it....I suppose that's already been tried.

You run into problems with habitual drug users, cigarette smokers, and 500 lb elephants who eat six apple pies everyday for lunch.
We do it in the military.

I don't have medical debt, nor student debt, yet I like to see other people being helped out. It' a Christian thing.
Well aren’t you the morally superior one?

And by “helping out,” you do realize that OTHER PEOPLE are hurt by it, do you not? You think it’s the Christian thing to make the car mechanic, already struggling to pay for groceries under the Bideninflation, help pay off the student loan of the staff attorney earning six figures?

Or what about the fixed-income retiree, limiting outings because gas is so expensive, having to subsidize the day care costs of the doctor earning $350,000? Or this $6000 payment for newborns?

That’s the problem with the simplistic thinking of liberals. They think the government is some endless source of money, from which giveaways are handed out - without it coming at the expense of someone else.

Forum List

Back