More proof our medias only goal is strife and division.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City

I knew she was black. I didn't know she was gay. I loved her music then as I still do now.
But I digress, a white man is singing her song so the media and leftards go into racism overdrive. It's nuts!

BTW she gets paid every time his version of the song plays on the radio and she has stated she is happy he has done it.

I knew she was black. I didn't know she was gay. I loved her music then as I still do now.
But I digress, a white man is singing her song so the media and leftards go into racism overdrive. It's nuts!

BTW she gets paid every time his version of the song plays on the radio and she has stated she is happy he has done it.

Seems a bit hyperbolic to say one single article from WaPo is "leftards going into racism overdrive"

This is also what many do. We see it here all the time. One source makes a statement and all of a sudden they represent an entire group.

Singers have been doing covers of other people's songs for decades upon decades for WAPO to try and make big deal out of this is beyond stupid.

slow news week, they needed to do something to get some more clicks.

And it seems to have worked

I used to sing this one at karaoke. That feeling where you swing into the chorus kicks ass.

The left likes to appropriate everyone else's culture until someone appropriates theirs.

This is also what many do. We see it here all the time. One source makes a statement and all of a sudden they represent an entire group.

I guess I'm doing it here as well.... Right wingers always seem to do this. If someone from the left sneezes and doesn't cover their mouth; they say that liberals everywhere are engaging in germ warfare.

I guess I'm doing it here as well.... Right wingers always seem to do this. If someone from the left sneezes and doesn't cover their mouth; they say that liberals everywhere are engaging in germ warfare.
It's 90% of the total output of the Reich Wing Noise machine.

The other 10% is repetition.

It's 90% of the total output of the Reich Wing Noise machine.

The other 10% is repetition.
To be serious about it for a moment....

It is the one "big thing" that I truly disdain about our politics on both sides of the aisle.

It's illustrated in the OP but it is larger and more sinister (potentially sinister anyway) than that. Its that our politicians feel they have to put everything into a sound byte for their voters. The most famous of which is Obama and his promise about keeping your health plan.

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.

The broad soundbyte was mostly accurate. So why not say For Most Americans, nothing will change; you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. or something along those lines? So there is that. The wholesale objection to any contrary information is just bewildering. How many times did the Trump campaign meet with Russians? Multiple meetings by multiple people...but we're to believe there was "no collusion"? LOL

Anyway...

To be serious about it for a moment....

It is the one "big thing" that I truly disdain about our politics on both sides of the aisle.

It's illustrated in the OP but it is larger and more sinister (potentially sinister anyway) than that. Its that our politicians feel they have to put everything into a sound byte for their voters. The most famous of which is Obama and his promise about keeping your health plan.

"If you like your health care plan, you can keep it," President Barack Obama said -- many times -- of his landmark new law.

The broad soundbyte was mostly accurate. So why not say For Most Americans, nothing will change; you will be able to keep your healthcare plan. or something along those lines? So there is that. The wholesale objection to any contrary information is just bewildering. How many times did the Trump campaign meet with Russians? Multiple meetings by multiple people...but we're to believe there was "no collusion"? LOL

Anyway...
It's the Post Truth Era.

Forum List

Back