More Republican Backed Taxes on the Little Guy!

OnePercenter

Gold Member
Apr 10, 2013
When the little guy tries to save money, Republicans will find a way to screw them.

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels

Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels | ThinkProgress

Wouldn't solar panels be an extreme hazard in case of a tornado in one of the states that is most aggressively hit by devastating tornados?

Maybe the costs of people who die or done heinous injury due to broken shards from the solar panels is so egregious they need to be discouraged.

I know there is an enthusiasm for green energy, but sometimes the sum of the costs they inflict on human and animal life makes them diminished as a safe alternative. And the trouble with debating by means of the press tends to omit significant reasons for discouraging a certain type of sales product.

There has to be a reason solar panels are undesirable in Oklahoma. Nobody knows it better than the legislators of a state.

I am a Republican Conservative. I'd like to know the other side of the debate in Oklahoma as to why both sides would overwhelmingly vote to tax them into oblivion.

Last edited:
Have yet to figure out the difference between taxes and utility fees I see.

Wouldn't solar panels be an extreme hazard in case of a tornado in one of the states that is most aggressively hit by devastating tornados?

Maybe the costs of people who die or done heinous injury due to broken shards from the solar panels is so egregious they need to be discouraged.

I know there is an enthusiasm for green energy, but sometimes the sum of the costs they inflict on human and animal life makes them diminished as a safe alternative. And the trouble with debating by means of the press tends to omit significant reasons for discouraging a certain type of sales product.

There has to be a reason solar panels are undesirable in Oklahoma. Nobody knows it better than the legislators of a state.

Less profit for power companies.

I am a Republican Conservative. I'd like to know the other side of the debate in Oklahoma as to why both sides would overwhelmingly vote to tax them into oblivion.

You got it wrong on this one, metal buildings pose a much greater hazard. This is just the utilities going for that last dime, just like they are in TX with opt out fees for smart meters.

When the little guy tries to save money, Republicans will find a way to screw them.

Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels | ThinkProgress

And once again you left wingers are too fucking stupid to follow the bouncing ball.

The obie admin has made a rule that the utility companies must pay the solar people 3 times what their basic charge for energy sold is. Regardless if the energy is needed or not. So in essence they want the energy company to absorb twice what it costs to produce even if it's not used or needed.

So, the energy company is forced to take your energy produced, credit you three times what it is worth and even if they could sell it they lose 2/3 of their money for the effort. And of course this will always happen during peak use periods during the day as all of these solar panels drop to zero production at night.

In the best scenario we have all of the solar powered homes and business' producing energy during the day for three times credit of what the energy is worth and the power company not only gets to lose money but has to keep up the grid. And that works out for everyone how?

One last point you green energy idiots probably don't know and are less likely to comprehend. Electricity is a product of a make now sell now commodity. Once you energize the power lines there is no reservoir of extra electricity to use later. Once it is produced it must be used immediately or it's gone. Unlike water there is no storage tank for extra electricity that didn't get used, it's gone and done. You can not save electricity on the production side only the use side.

Which makes the ruling the electric companies have to credit more than they can charge even worse. Even if they shut down the entire plant all day and only use solar they lose money, they can't use the excess at night so must fire up the generators at their basic rate.

Any of you lefttards recognize the math problem here?

You got it wrong on this one, metal buildings pose a much greater hazard. This is just the utilities going for that last dime, just like they are in TX with opt out fees for smart meters.
The vote was overwhelming. Who benefits from the sale of these solar panels? Locals? Other states? China? Harry Reid's son? Something isn't right with freebasing on solar panels in Oklahoma State. What is it we aren't being told here? Most states with a vote like that are voting benefits for the state's people. I haven't heard the vote defended by those who thought it was a good idea, as Mr. H. pointed out, both parties voted to do that. There has to be something that benefits the state of Oklahoma when a vote like that goes down, parties aside.

And once again you left wingers are too fucking stupid to follow the bouncing ball.

The obie admin has made a rule that the utility companies must pay the solar people 3 times what their basic charge for energy sold is. Regardless if the energy is needed or not. So in essence they want the energy company to absorb twice what it costs to produce even if it's not used or needed.

So, the energy company is forced to take your energy produced, credit you three times what it is worth and even if they could sell it they lose 2/3 of their money for the effort. And of course this will always happen during peak use periods during the day as all of these solar panels drop to zero production at night.

In the best scenario we have all of the solar powered homes and business' producing energy during the day for three times credit of what the energy is worth and the power company not only gets to lose money but has to keep up the grid. And that works out for everyone how?

One last point you green energy idiots probably don't know and are less likely to comprehend. Electricity is a product of a make now sell now commodity. Once you energize the power lines there is no reservoir of extra electricity to use later. Once it is produced it must be used immediately or it's gone. Unlike water there is no storage tank for extra electricity that didn't get used, it's gone and done. You can not save electricity on the production side only the use side.

Which makes the ruling the electric companies have to credit more than they can charge even worse. Even if they shut down the entire plant all day and only use solar they lose money, they can't use the excess at night so must fire up the generators at their basic rate.

I wasn't aware of the commie mandate, I figured it was more of a net use situation. Thanks for the info.

It wouldn't benefit the people of Oklahoma to lose a stable source of electricity of have its costs affect everyone negatively in paying for the elite to benefit themselves with free rays. :lol:

Thanks, AZ Mike. I knew it had to be something pretty major that would hurt the average man on the street to have his pockets picked in such a way. *sigh*

The vote was overwhelming. Who benefits from the sale of these solar panels? Locals? Other states? China? Harry Reid's son? Something isn't right with freebasing on solar panels in Oklahoma State. What is it we aren't being told here? Most states with a vote like that are voting benefits for the state's people. I haven't heard the vote defended by those who thought it was a good idea, as Mr. H. pointed out, both parties voted to do that. There has to be something that benefits the state of Oklahoma when a vote like that goes down, parties aside.

Just like here, politicians are in the utilities pockets. I'm involved in a law suit against the TX PUC and their illegal implementation of smart meters. They were never suppose to install more than 30% per year on a voluntary basis. The PUC mandated they be installed on mass without consent.

It wouldn't benefit the people of Oklahoma to lose a stable source of electricity of have its costs affect everyone negatively in paying for the elite to benefit themselves with free rays. :lol:

Thanks, AZ Mike. I knew it had to be something pretty major that would hurt the average man on the street to have his pockets picked in such a way. *sigh*

You are really STUPID enough to believe this? Energy companies buy fuel to make energy AND buy additional from the grid when it's needed. Additionally, ALL energy companies invest in whom they buy which is monies used to appease their investors. If they don't need to buy additional energy, there's no appeasing their investors.

So you buy-off the Republicans to fuck the little guy.

I see you are rationalizing voting for a Republican in your Congressional district this year.

What ever it takes man. You don't want to vote for a loser, do you?

A 2x4 is a dangerous item in a tornado yet,,,,,

You are really STUPID enough to believe this? Energy companies buy fuel to make energy AND buy additional from the grid when it's needed. Additionally, ALL energy companies invest in whom they buy which is monies used to appease their investors. If they don't need to buy additional energy, there's no appeasing their investors.

So you buy-off the Republicans to fuck the little guy.

Energy companies can't purchase that fuel at three times their cost and still keep your grid running. Are you too stupid to understand what has to happen next? The company will have to raise your electricity costs to reflect this new "source".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlTxGHn4sH4]Obama: My Plan Makes Electricity Rates Skyrocket - YouTube[/ame]

Obie said as much.

This is the reality you are striving for. You can run your home on energy costing the utility three times their price during the day. At night? You will pay 10 times the rate just to watch TV.

Energy costs will necessarily skyrocket. Obie is right, and you want that to happen.

You can't pay the little guy more to produce energy when it's not needed and somehow think it's all going to equal out.

The little guy simply needs to produce energy when he can and settle for the cost of production rate. That may become useful at some point.

The truly stupid among us (you). Seem to think we can just do all of this for free. If we get everyone on board for solar panels who is going to keep the highline's going? Who is going to provide electricity once the sun goes down or we have a rainy day?

You people just don't think, not that I'm surprised at all but fuck you bring a lot of stupid to the table.

You are yet to consider just what skyrocketing energy costs are going to mean to your 8 dollar an hour wages. Helping the poor right?

No where near as dangerous as a government being involved. A 2x4 I have a chance to dodge, the government not so much. Those assholes will probably tax me for the 2x4.

Wrong. Since I have solar and am on the grid I'll give you the facts.

SDGE charges to customers

Base Usage Quantities per month $0.0955 per kWh
Base-Plus Quantities per month $0.1771 per kWh

My credit from SDGE is $0.0555 per kWh

Three times? I wish!

Idiots!

No where near as dangerous as a government being involved. A 2x4 I have a chance to dodge, the government not so much. Those assholes will probably tax me for the 2x4.

WOW!

And here's on for your Ford shirt;

Ford Would Have Shut Without Auto Bailouts, Rattner Says - Bloomberg

and another

Ford Motor Co. Does U-turn on Bailouts

Forum List

Back