More than 100 illegal aliens found in ONE stash house!

We can legalize Marijuana but we can't legalize humans?

The suspected stash house was found during a search for a 24-year-old woman and her two children, a 7-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, that were reported missing by relatives late Tuesday after a man failed to meet them as planned at an undisclosed location on the city's north side, said John Cannon, a spokesman for the Houston Police Department.

Many of the people in the home, that authorities said appeared to be part of a human smuggling operation, were dressed only in undergarments and were sitting in filthy conditions and surrounded by trash bags full of old clothing, Cannon said.

The single-family home, in southern Harris County, is about 1,500-square-feet, Cannon said. At first, officers saw only a mattress on the floor and a refrigerator in an exterior room. It was when they went further into the house that they found the people - 94 men, all in their undergarments and shoeless; 15 women; and the woman with her two children - lying in filth in several small rooms, all with access to one bathroom and no hot water.

Many of the women said they had been in the house for three or four days, Cannon said. One woman said she had been there for 15 days. All of them said they were hungry, thirsty and tired.

"It was just filth, very squalid-like conditions inside. Trash bags with clothing piled as high as you can see," Cannon said. "They were very surprised at the numbers of people inside. Some were just sitting on top of one another because there was just no room."

Immigration reform is about people. These people.

The suspected stash house was found during a search for a 24-year-old woman and her two children, a 7-year-old girl and a 5-year-old boy, that were reported missing by relatives late Tuesday after a man failed to meet them as planned at an undisclosed location on the city's north side, said John Cannon, a spokesman for the Houston Police Department.

Many of the people in the home, that authorities said appeared to be part of a human smuggling operation, were dressed only in undergarments and were sitting in filthy conditions and surrounded by trash bags full of old clothing, Cannon said.

The single-family home, in southern Harris County, is about 1,500-square-feet, Cannon said. At first, officers saw only a mattress on the floor and a refrigerator in an exterior room. It was when they went further into the house that they found the people - 94 men, all in their undergarments and shoeless; 15 women; and the woman with her two children - lying in filth in several small rooms, all with access to one bathroom and no hot water.

Many of the women said they had been in the house for three or four days, Cannon said. One woman said she had been there for 15 days. All of them said they were hungry, thirsty and tired.

"It was just filth, very squalid-like conditions inside. Trash bags with clothing piled as high as you can see," Cannon said. "They were very surprised at the numbers of people inside. Some were just sitting on top of one another because there was just no room."

Legal immigration works just fine when you enforce the laws on the books. What exactly are you looking to reform?

Legal immigration works just fine when you enforce the laws on the books. What exactly are you looking to reform?

I know this wasn't directed to me - so I apologize for butting in, but in my opinion immigration reform needs to create an easier path to citizenship and more generous quotas for legal immigration, a path to citizenship for illegals that includes at least some penalty for breaking our laws in the first place, and better border enforcement to make sure our reforms make a difference and we don't find ourselves in this exact same situation in a few years.

Just mho.

I know this wasn't directed to me - so I apologize for butting in, but in my opinion immigration reform needs to create an easier path to citizenship
Present laws already have that.

and more generous quotas for legal immigration,
Probably true. But now those quotas must be adjusted to take in the people who have already "immigrated" - the 20 million people who have walked across the border already.

So if we raise the quotas from, say, 10 million immigrants per year, to 2 million... then we've already filled the (new) quota for the next ten years. That means ZERO more immigrants for the next ten years, until the 20 million illegals are absorbed... unless some or all of them go back. When can we expect that to happen?

And if any more illegals come in during that period, that cuts out an equal number of legal imigrants until those new illegals' slots are gone for the year(s).

a path to citizenship for illegals that includes at least some penalty for breaking our laws in the first place,
I agree.

and better border enforcement to make sure our reforms make a difference and we don't find ourselves in this exact same situation in a few years.
I agree.

The only laws that the federal government bothers to enforce are laws relating to REVENUE.

Marijuana? The Feds look the other way.

Border enforcement? We don't need no stinking borders!

in my opinion immigration reform needs to create an easier path to citizenship

So if we raise the quotas from, say, 10 million immigrants per year, to 2 million... then we've already filled the (new) quota for the next ten years. That means ZERO more immigrants for the next ten years, until the 20 million illegals are absorbed... unless some or all of them go back. When can we expect that to happen?

And if any more illegals come in during that period, that cuts out an equal number of legal imigrants until those new illegals' slots are gone for the year(s).

I'm not following your math - but I would not include illegal immigrants that are already here (we've already absorbed them - they just aren't paying into the system) in the number allowed under new quotas.

I know this wasn't directed to me - so I apologize for butting in, but in my opinion immigration reform needs to create an easier path to citizenship and more generous quotas for legal immigration, a path to citizenship for illegals that includes at least some penalty for breaking our laws in the first place, and better border enforcement to make sure our reforms make a difference and we don't find ourselves in this exact same situation in a few years.

Just mho.

Quotas are about what we can handle without harming our economy and such. We should have secured the border long ago because we have millions here, who have had millions of children since sneaking in, that have overwhelmed us. It's costing billions and we can't just wave a magic wand to grant amnesty and expect things to work themselves out. We have to close the borders and get a handle on things. Criminals need to be given the boot and not have a way back in. Some thugs have been deported numerous times, but all they have to do is turn around and come back in. It's insanity.

in my opinion immigration reform needs to create an easier path to citizenship

I'm not following your math - but I would not include illegal immigrants that are already here (we've already absorbed them - they just aren't paying into the system) in the number allowed under new quotas.

Well no....we haven't absorbed them. They stretch existing services beyond capacity. Kind of like a family of 10 moving into your spare bedroom and then using the rest of your house. Democrats are pushing for amnesty for one reason and one reason only and it isn't compassion. It's votes and power.

Just mho.

Quotas are about what we can handle without harming our economy and such. We should have secured the border long ago because we have millions here, who have had millions of children since sneaking in, that have overwhelmed us. It's costing billions and we can't just wave a magic wand to grant amnesty and expect things to work themselves out. We have to close the borders and get a handle on things. Criminals need to be given the boot and not have a way back in. Some thugs have been deported numerous times, but all they have to do is turn around and come back in. It's insanity.

Securing the border will alway be a measure of the percent caught or turned back. What is the number we are seeking? 100% caught or turned back? Ain't happening.

Just mho.

Securing the border will alway be a measure of the percent caught or turned back. What is the number we are seeking? 100% caught or turned back? Ain't happening.

That's why actually enforcing the laws is important. You don't provide services to them. You don't give them drivers licenses. You don't allow for voters without ID. You make companies that hire a worker without documentation suffer under heavy fines. You remove the incentive and they have no reason to cross the border. It isn't rocket surgery.

That's why actually enforcing the laws is important. You don't provide services to them. You don't give them drivers licenses. You don't allow for voters without ID. You make companies that hire a worker without documentation suffer under heavy fines. You remove the incentive and they have no reason to cross the border. It isn't rocket surgery.

Enforcing the laws is great but a lot has changed since 1965. The issues you mentioned are exactly the kind of issues addressed in the Immigration Reform bill currently stalled in the House.

Just mho.

You can't put that toothpaste back into the tube. You could spend trillions and you wouldn't be able to track down and deport all the illegals here. The goal should be getting these people paying into the system. THAT helps the economy. As does the addition of workers and consumers.

I don't favor clean amnesty - I believe that the pathway to citizenship for illegals should contain some sort of penalty. But if the price is too steep, they will just stay underground - we need a balanced approach imho.

The penalty should include a fine that could be paid over time while they meet the requirements for citizenship. If they miss a payment, they fall out of the pathway to citizenship program and are subject to deportation.

The revenue from the fines is used to secure the border.

There really is no sense in talking about what should have been done before. We are where we are right now and the solution must start with the current realities.

Just my opinion.

Last edited:
"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally."

The Reagan Liberal Card.

"I believe in the idea of amnesty for those who have put down roots and lived here, even though sometime back they may have entered illegally."

The Reagan Liberal Card.

A one time tradeoff that was supposed to result in border security and immigration enforcement promised by the Democrats.........who lied and didn't follow thru. It's why there is so much resistance this time. Fool me once........

Enforcing the laws is great but a lot has changed since 1965. The issues you mentioned are exactly the kind of issues addressed in the Immigration Reform bill currently stalled in the House.

Yes......which is why we had the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986. Were you asleep?

That's not what some rw's say. They choose to ignore the fact that Obama has deported more and enforced more than any other president. They ignore that Arpaio talks a good game but doesn't do shit.

To far too many rw's, any question concerning illegals comes down to hate.

They'll eat the produce and the meat brought to them by their labor while they whine about them taking American jobs. They allow big corp's like Smithfield to advertise for employees in Mexico but talk about paying American workers a decent pay and they whine about unions. And, raising prices so that small family farmers can afford to pay American wages? Never.

Way too many rw's are just tools. Very willing tools.

`

Forum List

Back