More Trump Winning: AT&T Will Bring 3,000 Outsourced Jobs Back To The US...

And that had what to do with Trump?

Most especially as those jobs are service sector jobs. I don't recall Trump saying a damn thing about bringing service jobs back to America. AT&T doesn't manufacture anything...at best they purchase "private label" phones and other items from suppliers.
YOu're reaching.

Are you unhappy that 3,000 Americans will get jobs?
Now the problem he has that those are not solderer and solder jobs like when AT&T used to own Paradyne Co. Nothing is good for the leftists. Actually they are not happy with job growth, it is a potential loss of their voting block coming off welfare.

Job growth is great; it's not what I take exception with. What bothers me is people representing something as that which it is not. The accolade for bringing any jobs back to the U.S. is not Trump's to claim or be given to him.

AT&T plans on bringing back 3000 jobs to the US after settling on an agreement with the Communications Workers of America, a union representing 20,000 workers in the Southwest region.
Source

The union that represents AT&T workers, the Communications Workers of America, said Thursday that it's reached a tentative agreement with AT&T Southwest -- a regional landline arm of the company -- that includes a commitment to hire American workers to do jobs that were previously done by contractors overseas.
Source
And just to be clear, I'm neither leftist nor rightist on matters of economics.

AT&T doesn't manufacture anything...at best they purchase "private label" phones and other items from suppliers.

AT&T is the world's largest telecoms provider and operator of the world's largest infrastructure. AT&T has nearly 250,000 employees at home and abroad.

Yes. What has that do with Trump's promise to "bring back manufacturing?"

Does it make you sad, or angry when you see the jobs starting, just STARTING to come back?

Yes. What has that do with Trump's promise to "bring back manufacturing?

Jobs is jobs. Trump has promised to provide more jobs. Obviously this is part of that strategy. AT&T provides high-paying jobs for skilled technicians in a very technical sector. Early in the new century, I was part of the AT&T effort to move those jobs from the US to Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, and India. While a successful project in terms of cost-cutting. I believe it cost AT&T in customer quality in the corporate/commercial sector. And the cost-savings were not nearly what AT&T anticipated. I'm glad to see at least some of those jobs coming back.

Jobs is jobs. Trump has promised to provide more jobs. Obviously this is part of that strategy. AT&T provides high-paying jobs for skilled technicians in a very technical sector. Early in the new century, I was part of the AT&T effort to move those jobs from the US to Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, and India. While a successful project in terms of cost-cutting. I believe it cost AT&T in customer quality in the corporate/commercial sector. And the cost-savings were not nearly what AT&T anticipated. I'm glad to see at least some of those jobs coming back.
I'm glad to see at least some of those jobs coming back.
Frankly, I care only that companies maximize profits within the confines of the law. If bringing the jobs back is projected to yield better bottom line results, I'm all for it. I don't think companies should repatriate jobs for any reason other than to achieve a net increase to net income. That's what investors, company owners, pay company management to do.

I'm glad to see at least some of those jobs coming back.
Frankly, I care only that companies maximize profits within the confines of the law. If bringing the jobs back is projected to yield better bottom line results, I'm all for it. I don't think companies should repatriate jobs for any reason other than to achieve a net increase to net income. That's what investors, company owners, pay company management to do.

Why do you care about that and not the interests of your fellow Americans who need jobs?

Most especially as those jobs are service sector jobs. I don't recall Trump saying a damn thing about bringing service jobs back to America. AT&T doesn't manufacture anything...at best they purchase "private label" phones and other items from suppliers.
YOu're reaching.

Now the problem he has that those are not solderer and solder jobs like when AT&T used to own Paradyne Co. Nothing is good for the leftists. Actually they are not happy with job growth, it is a potential loss of their voting block coming off welfare.

Job growth is great; it's not what I take exception with. What bothers me is people representing something as that which it is not. The accolade for bringing any jobs back to the U.S. is not Trump's to claim or be given to him.

AT&T plans on bringing back 3000 jobs to the US after settling on an agreement with the Communications Workers of America, a union representing 20,000 workers in the Southwest region.
Source

The union that represents AT&T workers, the Communications Workers of America, said Thursday that it's reached a tentative agreement with AT&T Southwest -- a regional landline arm of the company -- that includes a commitment to hire American workers to do jobs that were previously done by contractors overseas.
Source
Maybe you missed that President Trump has met with union leaders and they liked the meeting. My be you missed that President Trump's invitation signaled a friendliness to unions and unions know that President Trump will support their efforts to save and bring American jobs in the homeland.

Reminds me of F-35.

They had projections of unit cost dropping about 6% every year as production ramps up, and said it would be under $100 million for F-35A by the tenth batch LRIP-10.

When that happened after Trump was elected, as USAF/DoD had said it would for years, Trump started bragging that he chopped the price. His adoring fans lapped it up, he's already making America great again! Trump is winning, F-35 only 94 million now woohoo! Thanks Donald.

YOu're reaching.

Source

Source
Maybe you missed that President Trump has met with union leaders and they liked the meeting. My be you missed that President Trump's invitation signaled a friendliness to unions and unions know that President Trump will support their efforts to save and bring American jobs in the homeland.
I have seen no documentation that identifies such events and their correlation to AT&T's announcement. I'd like to read it. Please do share.

YOu're reaching.

Source

Source
I have seen no documentation that identifies such events and their correlation to AT&T's announcement. I'd like to read it. Please do share.
Unions generally, it seemed to me it was clear. Union leaders....I provided no specifics of which unions. You can find it easy though. Google is your friend

YOu're reaching.

Source

Source
Unions generally, it seemed to me it was clear. Union leaders....I provided no specifics of which unions. You can find it easy though. Google is your friend

I got news for you. I'm not going to Google to find support for your claims.

The article said it was because of union negotiations.

Hence, credit goes to the union.

That's got to sting the Trumptards.

You'd be surprised. More Unions are supporting Trump than you think. Democrats have done nothing for American Workers in recent decades. They've made deals like NAFTA that have decimated American Workers. Many Unions are beginning to look to Trump for support.

Bush SR started the workings of Nafta, and Bush Jr expanded it to Cafta.

I'm no Bush fan. They're Globalist Elites who could less about American Workers.

The article said it was because of union negotiations.

Hence, credit goes to the union.

That's got to sting the Trumptards.

You'd be surprised. More Unions are supporting Trump than you think. Democrats have done nothing for American Workers in recent decades. They've made deals like NAFTA that have decimated American Workers. Many Unions are beginning to look to Trump for support.

Bush SR started the workings of Nafta, and Bush Jr expanded it to Cafta.

I'm no Bush fan. They're Globalist Elites who could less about American Workers.

For all the talk from lefties about conservatives having trouble with "Change" these lefties are really, really having trouble with dealing with real Change.

Forum List

Back