More Winning! Fiat Chrysler to reopen idled plant,bring 6500 jobs back to Michigan

Fiat Chrysler to Reopen Idled Plant, Bring 6.5K U.S. Jobs Back to Michigan

Great timing,just in time for 2020 election in a swing state!
Considering that GM is closing all production of vehicles in the US I guess it's Ok...
Obviously not anymore they aren't. Trump won this round.
Fiat is an Italian company that owns Chrysler, GM is an American company pulling out of America...So no one won since it still leaves auto workers out of work.

Considering that GM is closing all production of vehicles in the US I guess it's Ok...
Fiat is an Italian company that owns Chrysler, GM is an American company pulling out of America...So no one won since it still leaves auto workers out of work.
Meh. Trading GM traitors for Fiat/Chrysler sounds fine to me!

Given steel tariffs there's no reason to mftr a vehicle in the US that isn't sold in the US, and it appears markets in the US for elec vehicles are not emerging. Both Ford and Fiat/chrylser are pretty much eliminating sedans. The GM closures have much to do with GM ending the Impala and Cruze. The Fiat links seemed to say that Fiat is increasing production of US brand trucks and suv's but keeping its Mexico plant open.

And Chrysler lives because of Obama. Overall, we didn't have much choice but to bail out the automakers because the shortterm pain of the unemployment could have driven us to depression era levels. But I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Dodge Dakota or its SUV model. Jeep and I guess Ram Truck products still have value in their brand. Ford didn't take the bailout. But the auto market may be about where it would be if Mitt had his way and we'd just let them go bankrupt and sold off any marketable brand to the Japanese or Europeans. A lot more American workers would have lost jobs, at least in the short run though.

Given steel tariffs there's no reason to mftr a vehicle in the US that isn't sold in the US, and it appears markets in the US for elec vehicles are not emerging. Both Ford and Fiat/chrylser are pretty much eliminating sedans. The GM closures have much to do with GM ending the Impala and Cruze. The Fiat links seemed to say that Fiat is increasing production of US brand trucks and suv's but keeping its Mexico plant open.

And Chrysler lives because of Obama. Overall, we didn't have much choice but to bail out the automakers because the shortterm pain of the unemployment could have driven us to depression era levels. But I'm not sure why anyone would buy a Dodge Dakota or its SUV model. Jeep and I guess Ram Truck products still have value in their brand. Ford didn't take the bailout. But the auto market may be about where it would be if Mitt had his way and we'd just let them go bankrupt and sold off any marketable brand to the Japanese or Europeans. A lot more American workers would have lost jobs, at least in the short run though.
It used to be important to the govt. to keep the auto industry alive for war production but not so much now.

I wish them luck.

if Ioacocca couldnt do it they are probably screwed.

I think Jeep has strong brand appeal. I don't see it fitting my needs. The old The Ram has some positive reviews for value, I think. The old box like Cherokee with the inline six engine was nearly indestructable

Fiat Deepens SUV Bet With $4.5 Billion for Jeep, Ram Plants

Dodge is not closing it's Ram factory in mexico though

fiat has a smallish suv too, but given tariffs I doubt there's much there. And Honda has two US assembly factories anyway and the CR-V has pretty much a lock on the market ... and deservedly so.

but rather than being "hail trump" its more that GM and Ford are content with their truck and suv capacity and Fiat sees some upside.

Forum List

Back