Most Americans May Dread 4 More Years Of Obama

Well in a normal world this would be a thread killer..

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/u...bama-has-51-percent-approval-rating.html?_r=0

Poll Finds Most Back Obama, With a Split on Party Lines

By JACKIE CALMES and MEGAN THEE-BRENAN

Published: January 18, 2013

President Obama begins his second term on Sunday with Americans cautiously optimistic about both the years ahead and his stewardship, but more polarized politically than four years ago and with less lofty hopes.

After a first term of both big achievements and disappointments and the economy still struggling to recover from the financial crisis he inherited, Mr. Obama retains the approval of a slim majority of Americans, 51 percent, according to a pre-inauguration survey for The New York Times and CBS News. That is down from 62 percent soon after he took office four years ago, and conceals a sharp divide: 8 in 10 Republicans disapprove of how he is handling the job, while almost 9 in 10 Democrats approve. Independents are split.

The public’s approval of Mr. Obama’s job performance is similar to George W. Bush’s rating at the start of his second term. But it is lower than the standings for the previous two-term presidents, Bill Clinton (60 percent) and Ronald Reagan (62 percent), who served in less polarized times.

It won't, however..

:lol:

the date of the article is 2 days before his inaugural speech where he made it clear to the moderates out there that he is, by no means, a moderate.

Then we should put free Government ID centers on every corner in urban areas

Maybe only people who are responsible enough to get an ID should be responsible enough to vote.

Where in the Constitution does it say you need ID to vote?

:eusa_eh:

It doesnt. It says you must be a citizen of the United States. No one is saying they must have ID. We are saying they must prove they are a US citizen....and yes, that means they must have ID....but no one is saying they must have ID.

Where are DMVs located and why should Americans have to pay to vote?

DMVs tend to be located where they are convenient for drivers. Many counties only have one. Until every American is provided with a free ID card, voter ID should be illegal

They don't have any problem getting to the Liquor store.

Then we should put free Government ID centers on every corner in urban areas
Passports make a great ID and anyone can get one.

All you have to do is go to any Post Office and get the form.....fill it out......and mail it in.

Quite simple and Post Offices are located most everywhere.......... :cool:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/19/u...bama-has-51-percent-approval-rating.html?_r=0

President Obama begins his second term on Sunday with Americans cautiously optimistic about both the years ahead and his stewardship, but more polarized politically than four years ago and with less lofty hopes.

After a first term of both big achievements and disappointments and the economy still struggling to recover from the financial crisis he inherited, Mr. Obama retains the approval of a slim majority of Americans, 51 percent, according to a pre-inauguration survey for The New York Times and CBS News. That is down from 62 percent soon after he took office four years ago, and conceals a sharp divide: 8 in 10 Republicans disapprove of how he is handling the job, while almost 9 in 10 Democrats approve. Independents are split.

The public’s approval of Mr. Obama’s job performance is similar to George W. Bush’s rating at the start of his second term. But it is lower than the standings for the previous two-term presidents, Bill Clinton (60 percent) and Ronald Reagan (62 percent), who served in less polarized times.

It won't, however..

Quoting the NYT is like quoting the Daily Kos.

Enough said.

It won't, however..

The people we talk to here who defend all things on the right are the hopeless ones.

If any of them are actaully convinced by they facts they just disapear.

They will NEVER jsut come out and say "oh man was I wrong".

They dont have the moral guts to do so.

They are not who I post for.

I post for the people who are trying to figure out what is going on and will make a decision based on facts if given the facts.

They often dont even post.

They are jsut looking at what people say to see all the sides of an issue.

places like this are great places to do it.

You have passionate people argueing their points with all they have.

I post for them.

I refuse to allow the lies of the right to stand unchallenged.

That is how they win people over.

with lies

We cant let their lies just stand

I would like to hear the argument as to why this is a "party" issue. Are you assuming the financially less fortunate are more likely to vote demcoratic? Shouldnt that concern all of us? Doesnt that punch a large whole in thedemocratic party argument that "government is NOT buying votes with entitlements?"

Anyone can go to the DMV/RMV and get an ID card for around $15 dollars.

So I fail to see the problem............ :cool:

Where are DMVs located and why should Americans have to pay to vote?

DMVs tend to be located where they are convenient for drivers. Many counties only have one. Until every American is provided with a free ID card, voter ID should be illegal
you are not paying to vote. You are paying for an ID.

Look at it this way.

In most states, it is illegal to walk around naked....therefore, you would need clothes to walk to a polling station if you wanted to vote. Accroding to your logic, if one needed to buy clothes so they can go outside to vote, then they are, in essence, forced to pay to vote for the clothes cost them money.

And actually..that's probably Unconstitutional.

I would like to hear the argument as to why this is a "party" issue. Are you assuming the financially less fortunate are more likely to vote demcoratic? Shouldnt that concern all of us? Doesnt that punch a large whole in thedemocratic party argument that "government is NOT buying votes with entitlements?"

This is pretty naive..

Both sides "buy" votes.

The question becomes what is for the greater good. Is it good to spend money on seniors to ensure that their "golden" years are livable? Or is it good to spend money on super high jet fighters that are essentially useless?

4 more years of handouts , overspending,another debt limit increase,Obama care ,higher taxes- Good time ahead indeed............:clap2:

It won't, however..

Yeah 51% is a overwhelming, how could anyone disagree with the Oblamer?!?!?!

It becomes clearer everyday that Sallow swallows...

My president danced with his beautiful wife yesterday.

He was smooth and classy.

she was awsome beautiful.

My president has rythm and can dance on time with R and B tunes.

My president was sung into dance by another beautiful black woman with a great set of pipes.

I grinned my silly ass off last night watching them.

I know many other Americans of all the color of the rainbow felt the sameas I did watching them sway and circle like some pros.

You people who cringed at the site of such a spectacle can go stick your head in a hedge hog hole.

Your day is done.

Your last century.

This country is healing from the shit assholes like you caused and it pains your stupid asses.

Hey I feel for your pain and all but it would have been easier to feel sorry for you if you had EVER shown any compasssion while you created the racist mess.

This is pretty naive..

Both sides "buy" votes.

The question becomes what is for the greater good. Is it good to spend money on seniors to ensure that their "golden" years are livable? Or is it good to spend money on super high jet fighters that are essentially useless?

Dont pull that "guilt" crap on me

The fact that seniors of today did not do what they needed to do so they can enjoy their golden years is by no means reason we should go deeper into debt.

Maybe if we stopped offfering people a "back up plan", they would develop one on their own?

I based my lifestyle during my younger years on what I had and what I will need when I retire........not what I may get when I retire.

Mitt Romney ran on a promise to cut everyone's taxes by 20% at a time when we already had a trillion dollar deficit.

I cant wiat till all these racist are no longer in our country

why? Are you leaving?

And yes....those who seek racism where it does not exist are the worst kind of racists.

You are a fucking racist and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Mitt Romney ran on a promise to cut everyone's taxes by 20% at a time when we already had a trillion dollar deficit.

And it would have likely resulted in an increase in tax revenue. Was a good idea. Would have lowered unemployment, increased our tax revenue and decreased those that were dependant on the government.

Oh well....instaed we have a president who can dance. Just ask Truthmatters.

This is pretty naive..

Both sides "buy" votes.

Dont pull that "guilt" crap on me

The fact that seniors of today did not do what they needed to do so they can enjoy their golden years is by no means reason we should go deeper into debt.

Maybe if we stopped offfering people a "back up plan", they would develop one on their own?

I based my lifestyle during my younger years on what I had and what I will need when I retire........not what I may get when I retire.

SSI doesn't get us deeper in debt. Quite the contrary..it pays for itself and allows the US to add value to T-Bills.

The reason we have SSI is pretty simple. Life is complex and for the most part you can't make enough money to plan for all the bumps. There's a couple of reasons for that. And they have zero to do with a persons work ethic.

Forum List

Back