Most Idiotic Statement Made This Year By a Leftwit Senator

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Funniest comment was "The leftist constitution would be written on an Etch-A-Sketch" This woman really needs to study up on the Constitution

Sen. Baldwin: 1st Amendment Doesn’t Apply to Individuals

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) says the 1st Amendment’s religious liberty protections don’t apply to individuals. On MSNBC last week, Wisconsin’s junior Senator claimed that the Constitution’s protection of the free exercise of religion extends only to religious institutions, and that individual’s do not have a right to the free exercise of their own religion.

During the MSNBC appearance, which was covered by Breitbartand NewsBusters, Baldwin appeared clueless to the fact that the free exercise clause of the 1st Amendment has already been found to apply to individuals – not just churches, synagogues, mosques or other institutions of faith and worship.

Sen. Baldwin 1st Amendment Doesn t Apply to Individuals

Too many to list: Modern "liberalism" is the political science of appealing to the masses with promises of a free lunch, couched in terms that relieve them of any personal responsibility.

It's a she and she's made some really stupid statements in the past.

Funniest comment was "The leftist constitution would be written on an Etch-A-Sketch" This woman really needs to study up on the Constitution

Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-Wis.) says the 1st Amendment’s religious liberty protections don’t apply to individuals. On MSNBC last week, Wisconsin’s junior Senator claimed that the Constitution’s protection of the free exercise of religion extends only to religious institutions, and that individual’s do not have a right to the free exercise of their own religion.

During the MSNBC appearance, which was covered by Breitbartand NewsBusters, Baldwin appeared clueless to the fact that the free exercise clause of the 1st Amendment has already been found to apply to individuals – not just churches, synagogues, mosques or other institutions of faith and worship.

Her actual quote,

"Tammy Baldwin: “Certainly the first amendment says that in institutions of faith that there is absolute power to, you know, to observe deeply held religious beliefs. But I don’t think it extends far beyond that. We’ve seen the set of arguments play out in issues such as access to contraception. Should it be the individual pharmacist whose religious beliefs guides whether a prescription is filled, or in this context, they’re talking about expanding this far beyond our churches and synagogues to businesses and individuals across this country. I think there are clear limits that have been set in other contexts and we ought to abide by those in this new context across America.”"

Bold mine.

It's a valid and good point.

Her actual quote,

"Tammy Baldwin: “Certainly the first amendment says that in institutions of faith that there is absolute power to, you know, to observe deeply held religious beliefs. But I don’t think it extends far beyond that. We’ve seen the set of arguments play out in issues such as access to contraception. Should it be the individual pharmacist whose religious beliefs guides whether a prescription is filled, or in this context, they’re talking about expanding this far beyond our churches and synagogues to businesses and individuals across this country. I think there are clear limits that have been set in other contexts and we ought to abide by those in this new context across America.”"

Bold mine.

What the article referenced is this quote from her.....

“Certainly the First Amendment says that in institutions of faith that there is absolute power to, you know, to observe deeply held religious beliefs. But I don’t think it extends far beyond that. . . . n this context, they’re talking about expanding this far beyond our churches and synagogues to businesses and individuals across this country. I think there are clear limits that have been set in other contexts and we ought to abide by those in this new context across America.”

Her actual quote,

Bold mine.

What the article referenced is this quote from her.....

“Certainly the First Amendment says that in institutions of faith that there is absolute power to, you know, to observe deeply held religious beliefs. But I don’t think it extends far beyond that. . . . n this context, they’re talking about expanding this far beyond our churches and synagogues to businesses and individuals across this country. I think there are clear limits that have been set in other contexts and we ought to abide by those in this new context across America.”

Changing nothing. Do we want every individual to yay or nay on spec because of their individual interpretation of a religion? Of course not. What do we tell the pedophiles who want their udnerage sex when they claim it's their religion? What do we say to someone wanted to do heroin and crack as religious sacrament?

What about, more apropos, someone who starts killing people and cites Biblical verses saying to do so? Pleanty of commands from God to kill various people for various things. Do we respect those religious beliefs?

Her actual quote,

Bold mine.

No, it's not. IN fact the USSC just ruled on a case where an individual had a religious right to wear a hijab against the company's dress policy.

Individual's freedom of religion is a Constitutional right, the lame brain Senator stepped in it on this one

Her actual quote,

Bold mine.

Never fails that a right winger would lie and present part of a quote as the full quote. She was correct in saying that the Supreme Court has held that individuals cannot exempt themselves from laws of general application on the basis of religion absence proof that following the law is a substantial burden on their faith.

Her actual quote,

Bold mine.

Listen up, buddy. The gay bakers have GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO NOT BAKE FOR GAYS!.. (-: And that's about it for this thread. LOL

Her actual quote,

Bold mine.

Never fails that a right winger would lie and present part of a quote as the full quote. She was correct in saying that the Supreme Court has held that individuals cannot exempt themselves from laws of general application on the basis of religion absence proof that following the law is a substantial burden on their faith.
No, not really

Forum List

Back