🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Most people paying Obama tax instead of signing up

BTW the most likely place I will get hurt is at work and that's fucking covered under workmans comp.

You sound like a paid poster from the obozo administration, get the fuck out of here? So how much is his Deductible?

Typical, moronic, right winger's response.....Choosing to believe a conservative, anti-Obama rag, than actual facts.....

My biggest problem with the ACA is that it should have been a single-payer plan......and screw the greedy hospital and pharmaceutical lobbyists.
Typical pussy liberal response, that pic is me mother fucker and I will be 50 in May, do I look out of shape? Not a pussy like you and runs to the doctor every chance he gets

Wonder if Obama and crew was hoping people slept through math 101 the same way the man made global warming cult hoped people slept through 2nd grade science?

BN-HN418_acatax_P_20150320170932.jpg
ENLARGE
Many Americans without health insurance will have to pay a penalty when filing WALSH/ASSOCIATED PRESS
By
STEPHANIE ARMOUR
March 20, 2015 5:59 p.m. ET
65 COMMENTS
WASHINGTON—A special enrollment period to obtain health insurance for millions of uninsured people who owe a tax penalty under the Affordable Care Act is off to a slow start.

The health law requires most Americans to have insurance or pay a fine at tax time. The open enrollment period under the health law ended Feb. 15, but the Obama administration said it would allow people who discover they owe a fine to sign up for coverage through April, at the end of the tax season.

Major tax-preparation firms say many customers are paying the penalty and not getting health insurance. It is still early, since the special enrollment period launched Sunday, but research also suggests that many people who lack health insurance will pay the penalty and not get covered this

At H&R Block Inc., “our analysis indicates that a significant percentage of taxpayers whose household members were not covered for at least a portion of 2014 are opting” to pay the penalty, said Mark Ciaramitaro, a vice president of health-care enrollment services at the tax-preparation firm.

Richard Gonzalez, 59 years old, of Navarre, Fla., found out he will pay a $250 penalty for going without insurance. The retired employee of United Parcel Service Inc. said he won’t take advantage of the special enrollment period because it is cheaper for him to pay out-of-pocket for health care than to buy insurance on the exchange. He said he shopped on the exchange but would have to pay $400 a month for a plan with a $6,000

Many Uninsured Choose Penalty Over Enrollment Offer Under Health Law - WSJ

Just out of curiosity how do you retire from UPS at 59 and not have the healthcare in their pension plan?

When you say 'most people', are you counting the 11 million who signed up this year?

btw, so what? If people don't want the tax break, they don't have to take it.
Are they using fuzzy math again and counting the ones they Automaticaly renew?

I wont sign up for my company insurance till 2016

More from the link
Only 12% of uninsured people would buy policies if informed of the penalty, according to a survey of 3,000 adults polled through Feb. 24 by McKinsey & Co.’s Center for U.S. Health System Reform.

I asked you why you said most people are opting for the tax.

You guys just mad because I won't buy it till 2016 , I will use the money I saved to take two great vacations :)

...not just listening to republicans & fox news before your hatred to Obama.

White House Web page: "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you can keep your health care plan."
image.png

if-you-like-your-doctor.png

OK, can i hate the lying cocksucking muslime mulatto NOW ?

Are all the posters who disagree with Obama racist, or just most of them?

13 million newly insured Americans obviously feel differently

Those who pay the tax will reassess whether they should get insurance. Watch the number go to 20 million next year

The rationale of right wing dingbats boils down to this" "I'll only buy car insurance the minute after I'm in a car accident."

When you say 'most people', are you counting the 11 million who signed up this year?

More from the link
Only 12% of uninsured people would buy policies if informed of the penalty, according to a survey of 3,000 adults polled through Feb. 24 by McKinsey & Co.’s Center for U.S. Health System Reform.

I gave you more info, most people like me would rather pay the fine, my company health insurance cost $160 bucks a month, for full coverage, dental and vision, do the math.

I think I make around $60,000 ~$70,000 a year with OT

For one I am protesting if it is just 1% or 2% tax

What's cheaper

AND this man at $25k would ALSO be eligible for COST SHARING REDUCTIONS, which are in addition to the premium subsidies... because he makes less than $29k a year, so this means the Gov would come in and PAY most/ or a good deal of his deductibles and OUT OF POCKET expenses.

How to save on out-of-pocket health care costs HealthCare.gov

I am with NewYorker, HOW could this man retire from UPS without UPS's Health Insurance for retirees?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I get it....he must have chosen to NOT go with his company retiree health care coverage....if they offered health insurance for their retirees and he chose NOT to go with it, then he would NOT be eligible for subsidies on the Exchange because affordable coverage by his ex employer was AVAILABLE to him....BUT he was still LYING about the costs of $400....the Calculator said with NO Subsidies it would be $219 a month and MAX out of pocket for the year if he used that much health care would be $5200.... and NOTE, out of pocket is NOT the deductible, it does NOT have to be paid all up front before insurance comes in to pay their portion.

You know, you can have a kid and get thousands of dollars in tax breaks. However, if you don't have a kid, you pay those thousands of dollars in taxes.

That's how ACA works. You can get insurance, and get the tax breaks. Or you can choose not to get the insurance, and pay those taxes.
That's dumb comparison so you saying the Government will pay you if you fuck and tax you if you Don't? Lmao

Gee, hasn't the government been doing THAT for a long, long time with welfare for unwed mothers (The more kids, the bigger the check)???
" I wanted to move outta my mother's home, so I got myself pregnant".

I gave you more info, most people like me would rather pay the fine, my company health insurance cost $160 bucks a month, for full coverage, dental and vision, do the math.

ahhhhh. this poster is probably a right winger who works in a unionized environment..........and a Gov. Walker supporter......LOL

More from the link

I think I make around $60,000 ~$70,000 a year with OT

For one I am protesting if it is just 1% or 2% tax

What's cheaper

Your thread title said most people are paying the tax instead of signing up. I asked you how you got to that number.

Don't forget, tens of millions of Americans don't pay the tax because they have insurance outside the exchanges.

It's too bad we never see any of the Media, right wing or left wing, going in depth and truly doing their journalistic JOB, and reporting on how this whole exchange, subsidy, and cost sharing reductions truly work.... instead, they all seem to be working towards SCARING people out of getting coverage with all of these PHONY examples they give.

More from the link

The rationale of right wing dingbats boils down to this" "I'll only buy car insurance the minute after I'm in a car accident."

More from the link

More from the link

No such thing as a car "accident" a car crash it takes two people to tangle out on the roads.

If you don't drive defensively, why should I pay for your recklessness?

I have not had a speeding ticket or car crash in 28 years .

ahhhhh. this poster is probably a right winger who works in a unionized environment..........and a Gov. Walker supporter......LOL
You dumb fuck I moved from Chicago to south Carolina 10 years ago, you want me to go out side right now and take a picture of the blue ridge mountains,?

Forum List

Back