Movies with the dumbest plots

Rocko

Platinum Member
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 30, 2011
NY
Alligator (1980) A baby alligator is flushed down a Chicago toilet and survives by eating discarded laboratory rats injected with growth hormones. The small reptile grows gigantic, escapes the city sewers, and goes on a rampage.

Alligator (1980) A baby alligator is flushed down a Chicago toilet and survives by eating discarded laboratory rats injected with growth hormones. The small reptile grows gigantic, escapes the city sewers, and goes on a rampage.

This sounds amazing.

I have heard this can happen

The worst is when something like this combines with a Sharknado.

1588171560089.jpeg

The only film that comes to my mind is one that I never saw, but heard about and its the film from the 90s named Clueless. I was told that there is no point to it which of course is why it has such a title.

The only other film that I can think of is the one named The Truman Show starring Jim Carrey which I did see. I didn't hate it, but in my opinion, it isn't Jim's best film either.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

The only film that comes to my mind is one that I never saw, but heard about and its the film from the 90s named Clueless. I was told that there is no point to it which of course is why it has such a title.

The only other film that I can think of is the one named The Truman Show starring Jim Carrey which I did see. I didn't hate it, but in my opinion, it isn't Jim's best film either.

Holly
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!

Holly
Never saw Clueless, but I thought the Truman Show was pretty good

Holly

Actually, 'Clueless' is an updated telling of the Jane Austen book 'Emma', which is a classic of English literature.

I grew up watching dumb mutant insect/animal movies of the mid-1950's. With the start of the nuclear age they were all the rage.

Them! (1954)
View attachment 329667

'Them' is a brilliant movie for it's time. The first and best of the giant atomic insect movies.

Make me a sergeant in charge of the booze! Make me a sergeant in charge of the booze!

Holly
Good morning, and in case I don't see ya: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night!
Hey! Right back at you!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

A generalization here, but movies that I gave up watching because of the experience of too many dumb ones are sequels. I enjoyed movies like Star Wars and Rocky but have yet to view any of their sequels. The last straw for me was Jaws 2. I suspect I missed some good ones but the I'll stick with those odds I set 40 years ago on how many duds I'd have to sit through for every good one I found.

Forum List

Back