Mr. Republican, Mr. Democrat and the story of the "wrecked" car.

R

rdean

Hilarious. You know what this is like? It's like the fable of Mr. Republican, Mr. Democrat and the "wrecked" car.

Mr. Republican is handed the keys to a nice, bright shiny new car by Mr. Democrat. Mr. Democrat tells Mr. Republican the car is almost paid for and there is a surplus of gas in the trunk.

So Mr. Republican gets into the car and recklessly drives it down the street careening around and sideswiping car after car. Finally, when the gas is almost gone, including the surplus, Mr. Republican drives head first into a telephone pole completely wrecking the car. Mr. Republican then takes the keys out of the car, goes and finds Mr. Democrat.

Mr. Republican tells Mr. Democrat, "Here are the keys. The car is all yours now. You are responsible. If there is any damage, it's your fault because you gave me the keys. Now, get this mess cleaned up and make it fast".

So Mr. Democrat tried to take the car to the garage, but Mr. Republican blocks the road. Finally, Mr. Democrat gets the car to the garage, but Mr. Republican has hidden the tools. When Mr. Democrats goes to the bank to get the money to fix the car, he finds out that Mr. Republican has taken out all the money and given it away to his "friends", Mr. Iraq, Mr. Afghanistan and Mr. Oil Company.

While walking back to the garage, Mr. Republican confronts Mr. Democrat and screams, "Why haven't you fixed the car? Why haven't you put money back into the bank? You hold the keys. Why is the car still a wreck? DON'T YOU TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYTHING? You're the one holding the keys".

Then Mr. Democrat says, "But you've been blocking me from going to the garage" and Mr. Republican says, "See? You can't lead".

Finally, an exasperated Mr. Democrat says, "OK, what would you have done different?" Mr. Republican crosses his arms and in a very smug voice says, "Not that". Mr. Democrat rolls his eyes and says, "OK, if not that then what? You are the one who wrecked the car". Mr. Republican, in an outraged manner say, "You can't prove it was me who wrecked the car".
Mr. Democrat says, "Mr. Republican, please, the car was working perfectly when I gave you the keys". And that's when Mr. Republican pounced, "See? You gave me the keys. Then the car got wrecked. That proves it's your fault. Now take responsibility for the car wreck you created when you gave away the keys".

And so it goes...............

Forum List

Back