Multiple Polls: Americans Are More Afraid of the GOVERNMENT than TERRORISTS

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
WND reports today:

According to a pair of recent polls, for the first time since the 9/11 terrorist hijackings, Americans are more fearful their government will abuse constitutional liberties than fail to keep its citizens safe.

Even in the wake of the April 15 Boston Marathon bombing – in which a pair of Islamic radicals are accused of planting explosives that took the lives of 3 and wounded over 280 – the polls suggest Americans are hesitant to give up any further freedoms in exchange for increased “security.”

Read more @ Prison Planet.com » Multiple Polls: Americans Are More Afraid of the GOVERNMENT than TERRORISTS

This certainly doesn't surprise me as I'm in that same group.

I am afraid of people who are afraid of our government.

They are nuts. Some are just cautious. Others are raging maniacs. I'm pretty sure that the latter have a headquarters on this board.

I am afraid of people who are afraid of our government.

They are nuts. Some are just cautious. Others are raging maniacs. I'm pretty sure that the latter have a headquarters on this board.

It's interesting how the author of the OP criticizes the government for not doing enough for Superstorm Sandy survivors in one breath then decries government infringing in the next breath.

Basically if "A" is done, then the complaint is that "B" should have been done--24/7/365.

Yesterday, I was at Wal-mart, over by the ammo sales area, where I overheard some 24 year old kid ranting about how the government can't take away our guns, so, "they" are buying up all the ammo. The reason for the rant was that he was intent on stockpiling ammo, but it had all been sold.

I would have loved to have told him to ponder Pogo, who once said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us"., but he looked like a white supremacist, just released from prison, complete with homemade tatoos all over him. It was obvious that he just did not have the brainpower to figure out why there was no ammo for him to buy.

Yesterday, I was at Wal-mart, over by the ammo sales area, where I overheard some 24 year old kid ranting about how the government can't take away our guns, so, "they" are buying up all the ammo. The reason for the rant was that he was intent on stockpiling ammo, but it had all been sold.

I would have loved to have told him to ponder Pogo, who once said, "We have met the enemy, and he is us"., but he looked like a white supremacist, just released from prison, complete with homemade tatoos all over him. It was obvious that he just did not have the brainpower to figure out why there was no ammo for him to buy.

Because everyone knows that people with tattoos are notorious for being incarcerated racists. Strange, I have a couple of tattoos. I guess the memories of me being a neo-Nazi in prison must be repressed because I can't recall any of that happening.

I'll bet you consider yourself to be a "tolerant" so-called liberal who doesn't think we should judge and stereotype people, right?

I was at Dick's one day and I heard that it was George Soros who was actually behind the shortage. It was said by some guy at the register behind me to his cashier. The cashier asked who "George Soros" was. My cashier wondered what I was laughing at when the customer just grunted.

Good.

You cannot control your government if you trust it to do the right thing. We should fear the government enough that we keep a watchful eye on it, ensuring that it does not get out of hand.

Further, there is little to nothing to fear from terrorism OTHER THAN THE REACTIONS THAT THE GOVERNMENT TAKES in retaliation. The likelihood of being a victim to terrorism is far less than getting hit by lightning.

Because everyone knows that people with tattoos are notorious for being incarcerated racists. Strange, I have a couple of tattoos. I guess the memories of me being a neo-Nazi in prison must be repressed because I can't recall any of that happening.

I'll bet you consider yourself to be a "tolerant" so-called liberal who doesn't think we should judge and stereotype people, right?

I'm a "liberal," and I concur--you can often spot white supremacists and racists by glancing at their tattoos. And they often love their guns. This is not a mystery, by the way, if you are at all familiar with that bunch. Tattoos have meaning.

WND reports today:

According to a pair of recent polls, for the first time since the 9/11 terrorist hijackings, Americans are more fearful their government will abuse constitutional liberties than fail to keep its citizens safe.

Even in the wake of the April 15 Boston Marathon bombing – in which a pair of Islamic radicals are accused of planting explosives that took the lives of 3 and wounded over 280 – the polls suggest Americans are hesitant to give up any further freedoms in exchange for increased “security.”

Read more @ Prison Planet.com » Multiple Polls: Americans Are More Afraid of the GOVERNMENT than TERRORISTS

This certainly doesn't surprise me as I'm in that same group.

ahoy LongKnife,

that result surprises me, matey.

i'd say imma more afraid 'o a possible economic collapse in Europe and how it would affect our own economy. imma also slightly afraid that the DOW's surge be built on unsustainable dynamics.

imma vaguely worried 'bout Social Security and Medicare, but i understand that the Baby Boomers are goin' to demand every cent and more that they believe is comin' to them, and thars probably nothin' i can do about that.

i don't spend too much time afraid 'o folks like John Boehner, or Harry Reid, or Mitch McConnell, or Joe Biden.

*salutes*

- MeadHallPirate

Last edited:

To be fair, there are tattoos:
HM337-rub-on-transfer-tatoo-sticker-in-font-b-scorpion-b-font-shapes-5pcs-per-lot.jpg

And then there are TATOOS!!!!
tat1.jpg

So, perhaps ‘all tattooed up’ was closer to the latter than the former.

Last edited:

You guessed wrong. I am not particularly tolerant. And, if you have tattos that look like they were done with a Bic pen, reading "White Power" around your neck, I will, indeed draw some conclusions about you, without any additional information.

Forum List

Back