šŸŒŸ Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! šŸŒŸ

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs šŸŽ

Multiple states activating Emergency operations center Pilots told avoid flying over area NUKE SITE

What is with you liberals and hating on someone who checks out shit? I don't get it, ya'll are are like blindered fucking zombies, it's disturbing - and that's coming from someone who doesn't have emotions...

Seriously, you don't want to read it, just move the fuck on. When you constantly spout off like attention starved little children it just makes ya look ... obsessed...

---

Anyway. IDK I wanted nuclear power to work because the output was so good, but it's clearly got some issues. I'm not sure if the failure is in not keeping up the maintenance, shitty employees, or cutting corners - probably a bit of all and more, but what a mess we seem to be having with issues with them lately... In the back of my head somethings saying this is sabotage but I can't really find a motive ya know?

Where are our scientist inventors to come up with a solution to this? Are we so bogged down in "only listening to so-n-so" that we don't have anyone with ideas anymore? :(

BREAKING: Emergency at US nuclear site after collapse ā€” TV: ā€œFears of radioactive contaminationā€ ā€” Expert: ā€œCould lead to considerable radiological releaseā€ ā€” Multiple states activating Emergency Operations Center ā€” Pilots told to avoid flying over area (VIDEOS)
KING 5 News, May 9, 2017 (emphasis added): Hundreds of workers were told to take cover at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation after a tunnel full of highly contaminated materials collapsedā€¦ Officials say a collapsed patch of ground above the tunnel was larger than first believed. The U.S. Department of Energy said the collapse covered about 400 square feet instead of the 16 square feet first reportedā€¦ A source said ā€œtake coverā€ status was expanded to the entire site at 10:35 a.mā€¦ Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said the Department of Energy and The White House reached out to his office after the incident. ā€œThis is a serious situationā€¦ Our understanding is that the site went into immediate lockdownā€œā€¦

BREAKING: Emergency at US nuclear site after collapse ā€” TV: ā€œFears of radioactive contaminationā€ ā€” Expert: ā€œCould lead to considerable radiological releaseā€ ā€” Multiple states activating Emergency Operations Center ā€” Pilots told to avoid flying over area (VIDEOS) Ā« ENENews.com ā€“ Energy News
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well wonder how many dumbasses think it's all not true LOL................

Pilots told to avoid flying over area

LOL!

Maybe read the link before making jokes....

Tri-City Herald, May 9, 2017: Private pilots in the area have been told to avoid flying over Hanford. The Hanford Patrol is working with the Federal Aviation Administration to put a formal air restriction in place until the FAA can confirm there is no danger.

Sorry, Mindless posts so much panicky, doomsday crap, it's difficult to find the occasional fact.

I got more mined that you could ever dream of, that's why real information can't fit into that useless head of yours it can't hold enough to fill it with anything but SNOPES, and CNN as you pray to your media gawds to tell you who BEYONCE screwed last night, and who Kim K laid in bed with last.

I bet you can tell us what WHOOPIE said yesterday though.

I got more mined that you could ever dream of

DERP!

BREAKING: Emergency at US nuclear site after collapse ā€” TV: ā€œFears of radioactive contaminationā€ ā€” Expert: ā€œCould lead to considerable radiological releaseā€ ā€” Multiple states activating Emergency Operations Center ā€” Pilots told to avoid flying over area (VIDEOS)
KING 5 News, May 9, 2017 (emphasis added): Hundreds of workers were told to take cover at the Hanford Nuclear Reservation after a tunnel full of highly contaminated materials collapsedā€¦ Officials say a collapsed patch of ground above the tunnel was larger than first believed. The U.S. Department of Energy said the collapse covered about 400 square feet instead of the 16 square feet first reportedā€¦ A source said ā€œtake coverā€ status was expanded to the entire site at 10:35 a.mā€¦ Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said the Department of Energy and The White House reached out to his office after the incident. ā€œThis is a serious situationā€¦ Our understanding is that the site went into immediate lockdownā€œā€¦

BREAKING: Emergency at US nuclear site after collapse ā€” TV: ā€œFears of radioactive contaminationā€ ā€” Expert: ā€œCould lead to considerable radiological releaseā€ ā€” Multiple states activating Emergency Operations Center ā€” Pilots told to avoid flying over area (VIDEOS) Ā« ENENews.com ā€“ Energy News
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL!

Tri-City Herald, May 9, 2017: Private pilots in the area have been told to avoid flying over Hanford. The Hanford Patrol is working with the Federal Aviation Administration to put a formal air restriction in place until the FAA can confirm there is no danger.

Sorry, Mindless posts so much panicky, doomsday crap, it's difficult to find the occasional fact.

Awwww are you a little to weak minded to handle all the scary stuff. You should find a near by safe space.
Since the events of REAL FKN LIFE is a little too hard for you to handle let alone accept.

Oh so scaryeeee BALL LESS CYKA.

LOL!

Are you posting this from your bunker?

LOL!

I got more mined that you could ever dream of, that's why real information can't fit into that useless head of yours it can't hold enough to fill it with anything but SNOPES, and CNN as you pray to your media gawds to tell you who BEYONCE screwed last night, and who Kim K laid in bed with last.

I bet you can tell us what WHOOPIE said yesterday though.

I got more mined that you could ever dream of

DERP!

Something you have yet to understand.....this really did happen & is still a very real concern. The largest nuclear waste dump in the country if not the world has had a collapse and is in danger of leaking nuclear waste in the soil, in the air and especially in the water via Columbia River that flows just a few hundred miles into the Pacific Ocean.
The Yakima Valley & surrounding area is a large contributor to the nations food supply. Now get a grip

I'm not sure if the failure is in not keeping up the maintenance, shitty employees, or cutting corners - probably a bit of all and more

Probably more to do with an old & failing containment system. I hadn't realized before this, that Hanford has been in place since the 40's. :dunno:

As for sabotage......who knows, anything is possible.....but highly unlikely. The employees are heavily screened & probably low turnover, and the place is heavily protected by security measures

I'm not sure if the failure is in not keeping up the maintenance, shitty employees, or cutting corners - probably a bit of all and more

Probably more to do with an old & failing containment system. I hadn't realized before this, that Hanford has been in place since the 40's. :dunno:

As for sabotage......who knows, anything is possible.....but highly unlikely. The employees are heavily screened & probably low turnover, and the place is heavily protected by security measures
Plus it is said that all nuke plants are heavily armed with machine guns, etc. Likely they even have other stuff.

Plus it is said that all nuke plants are heavily armed with machine guns, etc. Likely they even have other stuff.

Yeah, I can't really find a motive in my head for sabotage, just idk I get these gut feelings. They're right often enough that I tend to believe them, but in this case it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe my brain will spit out why as more info comes out heh

Yeah, I can't really find a motive in my head for sabotage, just idk I get these gut feelings. They're right often enough that I tend to believe them, but in this case it doesn't make much sense to me. Maybe my brain will spit out why as more info comes out heh

hey, who knows....it is possible but like you say, we'll wait & see what comes out :thup:

hey, who knows....it is possible but like you say, we'll wait & see what comes out :thup:
Libstains will already be blaming it on Trump.

Libstains will already be blaming it on Trump.

Well as bad as they've gotten that actually has merit as a motive lol Fucking R's want to kill hundreds, thousands, MILLIONS with their health care act and all...

Here is what happened-

5:58 PM --
In the 1950s and 1960s two tunnels were constructed next to a former chemical processing plant, the Plutonium Uranium Extraction Plant, or PUREX, located in an industrial area near the center of the Hanford Site called the 200 East Area. The tunnels were constructed of wood and concrete and covered with approximately 8 feet of soil. The tunnels were constructed to hold rail cars that were loaded with contaminated equipment and moved into the tunnels during the Cold War.

During a routine surveillance of the area this morning, a 20-foot-wide hole in the roof of one of the tunnels was observed, leading to the precautionary sheltering of employees and notifications to area counties and states. After no contamination was detected, the shelter in place order was lifted and employees were sent home from work early as a precaution. Workers continue to monitor the area for contamination as a crew prepares to fill the hole with clean soil.

The approximately 360-foot-long tunnel where the partial collapse occurred contains 8 rail cars loaded with contaminated equipment. That tunnel feeds into a longer tunnel that extends hundreds more feet and contains 28 rail cars loaded with contaminated equipment. The hole opened up in the shorter tunnel near where it joins the longer tunnel. The tunnels were sealed in the mid-1990s and are checked periodically.

3:42 AM --

Hanford personnel began preparation work around 8 p.m. Pacific time on May 9 to stabilize and fill a 20-foot-by-20-foot opening over a tunnel that partially collapsed near the PUREX facility at the Hanford Site. This video, taken late on May 9, shows personnel laying down a gravel road that leads to the tunnelā€™s collapsed section. The road will provide a secure and clear path for workers to fill the tunnel opening.
HANFORD EMERGENCY INFORMATION - Hanford Site

So no major concerns sounds like - presuming the rail cars have some kind of protection in/on them. Just need to fix the sinkhole/collapse. That's good.

All I can find says just Oregon and Washington declared an emergency state. Oregon because it is located just across their river border from the site and want to be prepared for the worst case, if it occurred. Only the smart thing to do, imo.

All I can find says just Oregon and Washington declared an emergency state. Oregon because it is located just across their river border from the site and want to be prepared for the worst case, if it occurred. Only the smart thing to do, imo.

True enough, but once things start it's only a matter of time before it snowballs...

They are already filling the hole.

True enough, but once things start it's only a matter of time before it snowballs...

Yes, but I meant in other places within the tunneling system. When one area gives way, then it puts pressure on other areas. But hopefully the tunnels are constructed well enough to have accounted for that possibility.

Yes, but I meant in other places within the tunneling system. When one area gives way, then it puts pressure on other areas. But hopefully the tunnels are constructed well enough to have accounted for that possibility.
Thus why they are in alert mode.

Latest Information
10 May 2017
9:37 AM --
Crews have begun filling a collapsed section of a rail car tunnel on the Hanford Site, located next to a former chemical processing facility known as the Plutonium Uranium Extraction Plant, or PUREX. The hole is being filled with soil using heavy equipment. Approximately 50 truckloads of soil will be used to stabilize that portion of the tunnel.

Hanford personnel worked throughout the night to stabilize site conditions near the collapsed section of the PUREX tunnel. Crews constructed a gravel road that leads to the tunnelā€™s collapsed section, which provided a stable and clear path for workers to fill the hole in the tunnel.

Workers performing the recovery actions are wearing protective suits and breathing masks. Also, additional measures are being taken to ensure workers are safe, such as restricting access to the immediate area and air monitoring.

The tunnel is one of two rail car tunnels constructed in the 1950s and 1960s near the siteā€™s PUREX Plant to store contaminated equipment, loaded on rail cars, from plutonium production operations at the site in southeastern Washington state. The tunnels were constructed of wood and concrete with a soil covering approximately 8 feet deep. The tunnels, which are hundreds of feet long, are located east of the PUREX Plant and extend to the south. The plant and tunnels are located near the center of the Hanford Site, in an area known as the 200 East Area.

HANFORD EMERGENCY INFORMATION - Hanford Site

the tunnels are really old from the 50s and 60s

too bad we put such a hold on nuclear power for so long

Forum List

Back