Munsters Reboot - Sept 27th

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
The new Munsters movie, by Rob Zombie.
Netflix, September 27th.

I think they all look great, except for Herman........he's just too green. No variations on skin tones on different parts of his body. I mean, he WAS supposed to be created from different parts of different bodies. Right?

Supposedly Butch Patrick will be the voice of "the robot".
Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) will be the real estate woman.
Pat Priest will have a cameo, don't know what part though.
Sylvester McCoy will be "Igor"......he was one of the Dr. Who's in the 80's.

And a few others.........................

Butch Patrick as the Tin Can Man

Pat Priest as the Transylvania Airlines Announcer

Netflix, September 27th.

I think they all look great, except for Herman........he's just too green. No variations on skin tones on different parts of his body. I mean, he WAS supposed to be created from different parts of different bodies. Right?

We do Netflix. We will give it a shot. Might be funny, could be stupid.

Just be aware Rob Z did this as a fan tribute. He didn't do it to get awards or piss on whats been done before.
It was his fav show growing up, and he always wanted to do a tribute to the wonderful people who were in the show.
Is the chick doing Lilly his daughter?

Looks hot.:D

Yeah, she gets that a lot!! LOL

She usually plays the lead female role in his movies.

She was "Baby" in House of 1000 Corpses.

1662153745930.png

Anyone remember Mockingbird Lane? A brief attempt at a reboot/reminagining of The Munsters. They only ever aired the pilot episode.
I saw that. It was kind of dark with the characters malicious. But it was different.

I definitely would have liked to see where they might have gone with that series. It had potential.

It did rather miss a few points of the original Munsters. A major point of the original was that the family were oblivious to how different they were; they thought they were just like everyone else. A plain old ordinary American working-class family. Except Marilyn. They were well aware that there was something wrong, something abnormal about Marilyn.

In Mockingbird Lane, they knew they were different. They had just moved to a new neighborhood, having had to flee from their previous community, because of an unfortunate incident involving Eddie having less than full control of his werewolf abilities. Marilyn came across, as a bit creepy, but they sent her as their representative when buying a home, because they knew she'd come across as the least creepy of the family.

This new Munsters looks like it intends to be much more true to the original.

I definitely would have liked to see where they might have gone with that series. It had potential.

It did rather miss a few points of the original Munsters. A major point of the original was that the family were oblivious to how different they were; they thought they were just like everyone else. A plain old ordinary American working-class family. Except Marilyn. They were well aware that there was something wrong, something abnormal about Marilyn.

In Mockingbird Lane, they knew they were different. They had just moved to a new neighborhood, having had to flee from their previous community, because of an unfortunate incident involving Eddie having less than full control of his werewolf abilities. Marilyn came across, as a bit creepy, but they sent her as their representative when buying a home, because they knew she'd come across as the least creepy of the family.

This new Munsters looks like it intends to be much more true to the original.
The way it was done I never got tired of the reactions from other people when they met the Munsters.

I found the new Munsters movie online before it hits NetFlix.

Keeping in mind this is a COMEDY, and a fan tribute movie (Rob Zombie LOVES them), this movie is quite fun and cute.
They did end the movie as a potential cliff hanger though, so hopefully there will be a second movie, because Munster fans want to see the WHOLE family......including Marilyn and Eddie.

This is made in the stylings of the 60's with the typical "modern" 60's film making attributes. So there is also this to consider.

With all considerations made.........this is a nice movie. You also have to keep in mind, we never got a back story from the Munsters TV show on how Herman was created or how he and Lily met or got married. So this not only gives fans the back story, it also gets all the base details taken care of, so if there is a second movie, they can spend more time on a very good story line.

I for one, want another movie chapter!!! I want to see Marilyn, Eddie, and the Munstermobile!!!!

1663638426170.png

Netflix, September 27th.

All reboots have failed. Lets hope this one fares better.

I like the effects. Herman's voice is not deep enough though.

Last edited:
Christmas 1996

Forum List

Back