Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

LONDON— Rebekah Brooks, a top executive in Rupert Murdoch’s News Corp. media empire before resigning Friday in the wake of a phone hacking scandal, was arrested Sunday by Scotland Yard in a broadening probe into illicit newsgathering.

Police confirmed a 43-year-old woman was taken into custody Sunday on charges of conspiring to intercept communications and on corruption allegations, a reference to bribes made to police officers for news tips. Widespread British media reports identified the woman as Brooks, making her the highest-ranking News Corp official yet to be arrested in the case.

Rebekah Brooks arrested in UK hacking scan - The Washington Post

Whoah!!! Arrested?!?!?
:eek: :eek:

I really didn't see that coming, I guess she really is in deep.

She may be TOAST!

And Rupert was protecting her...WoW!!!

*SMH*

Seems like they do a lot of "arresting" over there as opposed to "being brought in for questioning/detained". Is that particular to the U.K.?

You're asking Marc?

Seriously?

:lol::lol::lol:

I would have thought it would be better to ask someone who actually knows the UK justice system instead of some drooling idiot.

Whoah!!! Arrested?!?!?

She may be TOAST!

*SMH*

Seems like they do a lot of "arresting" over there as opposed to "being brought in for questioning/detained". Is that particular to the U.K.?

I'd imagine they have good cause for all their arrests.

Perhaps CaliforniaGirl knows, as she's the resident self-proclaimed expert on this matter.

I'm a 'self proclaimed expert'? Really? So where, exactly, did I make that claim? Because you know, and I know, that you're lying.

Twit.

Whoah!!! Arrested?!?!?

She may be TOAST!

*SMH*

Perhaps CaliforniaGirl knows, as she's the resident self-proclaimed expert on this matter.

I got the impression that DotCom and Chris were the experts as to what happens in my country! :tongue:

Any CEO of any corporation involved in something like this would have resigned by now. Murdoch needs to, but before he does, he needs to kick Roger Ailes to the curb.

For what, exactly? Fire Ailes because he upsets the idiot left? :lol::lol:

I'm a 'self proclaimed expert'? Really? So where, exactly, did I make that claim? Because you know, and I know, that you're lying.

Twit.
In all your posts you position yourself as the know-all in this matter.
In the very post before this one you imply to ask someone who knows.
Someone like yourself.
Don't act stupid or feign ignorance now.

I got the impression that DotCom and Chris were the experts as to what happens in my country! :tongue:

Me too. I'm shocked that I'm apparently a 'self proclaimed expert'. However, it does go some way to explaining why they're intellectually challenged.... it appears that Dotty and Marc struggle with basic comprehension.

Twit.
In all your posts you position yourself as the know-all in this matter.
In the very post before this one you imply to ask someone who knows.
Someone like yourself.

You said that I claimed expertise. You know and I know that I did not. Therefore, you are lying.

Iam in UK just been on our news that the SFO(Serious fraud Office) are now investigating NI.

No shit Sherlock? Who would have guessed that the Serious Fraud Office would get called in to investigate a potential serious fraud? I so did not see that coming. :lol:

Whoa Physic Sally in action. Well nobody as ever mentioned over here maybe you should come and work for Scotland Yard with your abilities.

Anyway Met Announcement soon. But guess California Girl can see this coming aswell.
Met Commissioner resigns.

Last edited:
Iam in UK just been on our news that the SFO(Serious fraud Office) are now investigating NI.

No shit Sherlock? Who would have guessed that the Serious Fraud Office would get called in to investigate a potential serious fraud? I so did not see that coming. :lol:

Whoa Physic Sally in action. Well nobody as ever mentioned over here maybe you should come and work for Scotland Yard with your abilities.

Anyway Met Announcement soon. But guess California Girl can see this coming aswell.

It was a foregone conclusion that the SFO would get called in to investigate. Particularly since the Met Police is actually implicated in some of the shit. Anyone with a reasonable intellect would know it was only a matter of time before that happened.

It's logical.

Whoah!!! Arrested?!?!?

She may be TOAST!

*SMH*

She's an expert :eusa_shhh:
Whoah!!! Arrested?!?!?

She may be TOAST!

*SMH*

You're asking Marc?

Seriously?

I would have thought it would be better to ask someone who actually knows the UK justice system instead of some drooling idiot.

Who? You? :doubt: You spelled Labour as "Labor' and Miliband as "Milliband" :eusa_eh: :lol:

Last edited:

She's an expert :eusa_shhh:

You're asking Marc?

Seriously?

Who? You? :doubt: You spelled Labour as "Labor' and Miliband as "Milliband" :eusa_eh: :lol:

You struggle with basic intellect, huh?

:lol:

What year is it?

Didn't 9/11 happen awhile ago?

Why is it so important for the FBI to drop everything and investigate phone-hacking?

I dunno. If you had a family member that was killed on 9/11 and if someone hacked into your dead family member's cell phone and listened to messages between you and your family member, wouldn't you want them investigated? It's a violation of our constitutional rights - whether alive or dead.

Personally, I wouldn't have such a problem with Fox News if they were a conservative news source and they announced that they were a conservative news source yet presented facts instead of distorted truths. There's no reason why this country can't have a conservative tv news network. But the way Fox goes about it, currently, is just reprehensable.

What about the way that Fox goes about it is 'reprehensible'?

They distort the truth, they lie, the cover up, they manipulate facts. If a conservative commentator came on and said "As a conservative, I believe this is wrong for the country and here's why" and presented FACTS, I'd have no problem with that. I'd even watch it - it would be interesting. But everyone seems to present their opinion as a fact - which is a problem for me.

They can't talk about how Obama has increased the national deficit more in 2 years than Bush did in his entire term, because he hasn't. The bailout bill, the $1 trillion bailout bill, was under Bush. They're also not presenting that taxes are, today, the lowest they've ever been... mostly due to Bush. Yet Fox always talks about how high taxes are under Obama... Obama hasn't raised taxes at all! In fact he cut them! Obama wants to raise taxes, but only on the richest people... not every single rich person owns a small business, so they can't keep talking about how tax increases will hurt jobs. Also, they talk small businesses being effected... S-Corps don't pay taxes, only shareholders do. And they pay taxes on net profit, not gross income. And if a businessman was making $1 million in net profit, which has be less than 5% of all businesses in the country, and he earned 100% of the income, a tax increase of 3% won't hinder his decision to create jobs... but if he creates jobs, he'll be losing even more profit because he has to pay someone! Creating jobs = less profit and until we have some clear direction from Washington, people like me won't be creating any full time jobs anytime soon.

I dunno. If you had a family member that was killed on 9/11 and if someone hacked into your dead family member's cell phone and listened to messages between you and your family member, wouldn't you want them investigated? It's a violation of our constitutional rights - whether alive or dead.

Personally, I wouldn't have such a problem with Fox News if they were a conservative news source and they announced that they were a conservative news source yet presented facts instead of distorted truths. There's no reason why this country can't have a conservative tv news network. But the way Fox goes about it, currently, is just reprehensable.

They distort the truth, they lie, the cover up, they manipulate facts. If a conservative commentator came on and said "As a conservative, I believe this is wrong for the country and here's why" and presented FACTS, I'd have no problem with that. I'd even watch it - it would be interesting. But everyone seems to present their opinion as a fact - which is a problem for me.

They can't talk about how Obama has increased the national deficit more in 2 years than Bush did in his entire term, because he hasn't. The bailout bill, the $1 trillion bailout bill, was under Bush. They're also not presenting that taxes are, today, the lowest they've ever been... mostly due to Bush. Yet Fox always talks about how high taxes are under Obama... Obama hasn't raised taxes at all! In fact he cut them! Obama wants to raise taxes, but only on the richest people... not every single rich person owns a small business, so they can't keep talking about how tax increases will hurt jobs. Also, they talk small businesses being effected... S-Corps don't pay taxes, only shareholders do. And they pay taxes on net profit, not gross income. And if a businessman was making $1 million in net profit, which has be less than 5% of all businesses in the country, and he earned 100% of the income, a tax increase of 3% won't hinder his decision to create jobs... but if he creates jobs, he'll be losing even more profit because he has to pay someone! Creating jobs = less profit and until we have some clear direction from Washington, people like me won't be creating any full time jobs anytime soon.

So, in short, they do exactly what the rest of the media do. Why is it 'reprehensible' from them and not from, say, MSNBC?

Fox has not even been accused of wrong doing in the News International scandal - they aren't part of News International.

Met Commissioner resigns.

Aww. Now you've stolen Chris's thunder. He'll be posting this as a scoop tomorrow morning! :lol:

So, in short, they do exactly what the rest of the media do. Why is it 'reprehensible' from them and not from, say, MSNBC?

Fox has not even been accused of wrong doing in the News International scandal - they aren't part of News International.

Actually, I watch the news a great deal and I really cannot count a single instance in which ABC, NBC or CBS has manipulated or out right made up a fake news story in order to further a political agenda. If you can please provide me documentation of when this occurred, I'd love to look at it.

Murdoch's appearance before Parliament on Tuesday should be very interesting.

Forum List

Back