Muslim baker...make me a Mohammed cake; Muslim hotel owner...host my pork festival; Can they refuse?

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
This Indiana shit is silly. Freedom means being free not to do something also.

So.....

If I go find a Muslim baker...and demand cakes be made for my religious diversity celebration. ..should he do it? I want cakes in the shape and image of each religious figure. Especially prophet Mohammed! He cant refuse...right? I want it catered. He may have to watch the Mohammed cake...get its head sliced off.

Should he have to do.it?

Oh...and the party will be held at a Muslim owned hotel. In conjunction with the Pork Festival I want to have. If I pay the fee for the conference room...must the Muslim owner rent it to me for my pork festival. ...and my religious diversity cake party where we'll be enjoying a Mohammed cake?

Oh....its different now huh? Because MY opinion is that those Muslim business owners should be able to tell me no and suffer no consequences. Their religious belief should be respected.

Pork festival would likely have to be allowed. I doubt the cake would have to be made. You can see the difference, right?

Yep. I live in South Carolina. ..one of the only other states with such a law...which would allow the Muslim to say no based on religion.

But...I suggest folks in more liberal areas like California or New York....host a religious party cecelebrating diversity!

Find a Muslim owned bakery. Order a Jesus cake and a Buddah cake and especially a big beautiful prophet Mohammed cake!

Slice those delicious caricature cakes up and celebrate.

Im sure the tolerant liberals would agree that the Muslim baker cannot discriminate and will make me those cakes...including the Mohammed cake. His turban will.be cream cheese icing...yum...im slicing that head off first!

Pork festival would likely have to be allowed. I doubt the cake would have to be made. You can see the difference, right?

Nope. Im a customer making a lawful request. Jesus cake. Buddah cake. Mohammed cake. Even a Satan cake for Satanists. ...and one cake thats just solid black and no decorations for atheists.

Religious diversity party. I want Mohammeds turban to be cream cheese icing...slicing his head off first.

Baker is a public business. He has to make it.

We need another ten or fifteen threads on this.

This one is different.

Im looking for a Muslim baker to make my religious figure cakes. The Mohammed one will have cream cheese icing on his turban so that cakes head get cut off first...yum!

This Indiana shit is silly. Freedom means being free not to do something also.

So.....

If I go find a Muslim baker...and demand cakes be made for my religious diversity celebration. ..should he do it? I want cakes in the shape and image of each religious figure. Especially prophet Mohammed! He cant refuse...right? I want it catered. He may have to watch the Mohammed cake...get its head sliced off.
My view?
Making an image of the Prophet would be a sin, and therefore under his rights of religious freedom to refurse.

Oh...and the party will be held at a Muslim owned hotel. In conjunction with the Pork Festival I want to have. If I pay the fee for the conference room...must the Muslim owner rent it to me for my pork festival.
My view?
No, he cannot refuse, it's not a sin or violation of his exercise of religion. Under Indianna law, he can. (similarly, in 2007 Muslim cab drivers in Minnesota were forced to transport passengers with dogs and with alcohol.

Oh....its different now huh? Because MY opinion is that those Muslim business owners should be able to tell me no and suffer no consequences. Their religious belief should be respected.

The difference I see is between requiring a person to sin and requiring a person to let other people sin. You should not be required to go against your faith. But neither should you require someone else to follow your religious beliefs in order to get service (or rather you should not be allowed to refuse service to those who don't follow your religious beliefs). And if there's a conflict, the other person wins.

Nope. Im a customer making a lawful request. Jesus cake. Buddah cake. Mohammed cake. Even a Satan cake for Satanists. ...and one cake thats just solid black and no decorations for atheists.

Religious diversity party. I want Mohammeds turban to be cream cheese icing...slicing his head off first.

That's not how that works. If the baker doesn't make cakes in thise shapes, you're sol. You can't require that the baker make for you anything you want. You don't get to go into the chinese restaurant and order lasagna.

Comments

Found one!!!! Tuscon, Arizona. Muslim owned bakery.

Time to place an order for a Mohammed cake....and dont forget the cream cheese icing turban. And....my other religious figure cakes. Jesus. Buddah. Satan. All of them.

Surely they cant discriminate against my religious diversity party?

That's not how that works. If the baker doesn't make cakes in thise shapes, you're sol. You can't require that the baker make for you anything you want. You don't get to go into the chinese restaurant and order lasagna.

Fine. Then decorate one with Mohammed on it. Its a religious diversity party. Im even including atheists and satanists. Wouldnt be complete without a Mohammed cake.

Im suing if they discriminate against me. Ill claim im gay if I have to...then they're really screwed.

Fine. Then decorate one with Mohammed on it. Its a religious diversity party. Im even including atheists and satanists. Wouldnt be complete without a Mohammed cake.

Im suing if they discriminate against me. Ill claim im gay if I have to...then they're really screwed.
Meh. They still probably wouldn't have to. They wouldn't be discriminating against you, just not offering that cake for sale to anyone.

You can't go to your local grocer and ask for a cake decorated in genitalia and expect them to make it just because they have cakes with easter bunnies on them

Meh. They still probably wouldn't have to. They wouldn't be discriminating against you, just not offering that cake for sale to anyone.

You can't go to your local grocer and ask for a cake decorated in genitalia and expect them to make it just because they have cakes with easter bunnies on them

So...how can a Christian baker be forced to provide a cake he doesnt agree with? The issue never was about just selling a square vanilla cake to a gay couple. It was making one specifically to their requests and catering that event.

I want them to cater my pork festival and decorate a vanilla cake with the image of Mohammed. ..which ill provide them.

Can they discriminate against me?

No, he can't see it. He isn't very bright.

But the pork festival could also be disallowed because there is no discrimination of any nature by turning down a pork festival.

Forum List

Back