Muslim baker...make me a Mohammed cake; Muslim hotel owner...host my pork festival; Can they refuse?

Pork festival would likely have to be allowed. I doubt the cake would have to be made. You can see the difference, right?

Nope. Im a customer making a lawful request. Jesus cake. Buddah cake. Mohammed cake. Even a Satan cake for Satanists. ...and one cake thats just solid black and no decorations for atheists.

Religious diversity party. I want Mohammeds turban to be cream cheese icing...slicing his head off first.

Baker is a public business. He has to make it.
That's not how that works. If the baker doesn't make cakes in thise shapes, you're sol. You can't require that the baker make for you anything you want. You don't get to go into the chinese restaurant and order lasagna.

custom cakes are custom cakes

Pork festival would likely have to be allowed. I doubt the cake would have to be made. You can see the difference, right?
What is the difference between...

A Muslim being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of Muhammed upon it, utilizing his religion's bans on representation of the human form, or the Prophet, as the basis for his refusal...

...versus...

A Christian being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of a homosexual couple upon it, utilizing his religion's bans upon homosexuality as the basis for his refusal?

Last edited:

A Muslim being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of Muhammed upon it, utilizing his religion's bans on representation of the human form, and the Prophet, as the basis for his refusal...

...versus...

A Christian being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of a homosexual couple upon it, utilizing his religion's bans upon homosexuality as teh basis for his refusal?

No one knows what the difference is, just that there IS a difference

A Muslim being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of Muhammed upon it, utilizing his religion's bans on representation of the human form, and the Prophet, as the basis for his refusal...

...versus...

A Christian being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of a homosexual couple upon it, utilizing his religion's bans upon homosexuality as teh basis for his refusal?

Theres no difference. The Christian baker isnt discriminating against the gay people...just the EVENT of a gay marriage.

Just like my Muslim baker isnt discriminating against me...just against my pork festival...and my religious diversity celebration cakes...like the Mohammed one.

But as the other guy said...no one can say how its different. ..other than it just is.

My question is

What in the history of our nation leads any idiot to believe that the founding fathers intended to create a country where people weren't allowed to discriminate?

A Muslim being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of Muhammed upon it, utilizing his religion's bans on representation of the human form, or the Prophet, as the basis for his refusal...

...versus...

A Christian being offended or inhibited from fashioning a cake with an image of a homosexual couple upon it, utilizing his religion's bans upon homosexuality as the basis for his refusal?
There is no difference. No one was asked to put an image of a homosexual couple on a cake. A bakery does not have to provide a product it doesn't offer.

No, he can't see it. He isn't very bright.

But the pork festival could also be disallowed because there is no discrimination of any nature by turning down a pork festival.

Theres no discriminating by turning down a gay wedding. Its not the people being turned down...its the event. Just like the pork festival.

What if it was a gay black man having the festival? And the Muslim refused it...based on religious beliefs? Would it be discriminating then?

...versus...

There is no difference. No one was asked to put an image of a homosexual couple on a cake. A bakery does not have to provide a product it doesn't offer.

And what if catering a gay wedding is a service they dont offer?

You're not gonna win this.

...versus...

What difference does that make? It's MY labor going into making a cake for someone I simply dont want to work for. I thought liberals were anti slavery?

But the pork festival could also be disallowed because there is no discrimination of any nature by turning down a pork festival.

Theres no discriminating by turning down a gay wedding. Its not the people being turned down...its the event. Just like the pork festival.

What if it was a gay black man having the festival? And the Muslim refused it...based on religious beliefs? Would it be discriminating then?
If it was a pork festival, I don't care who wanted to have it, if the hotel is halal they don't allow pork in their hotel. If it isn't halal they would more than likely accommodate. No one has a right to eat pork for Christ sake.

My question is

What in the history of our nation leads any idiot to believe that the founding fathers intended to create a country where people weren't allowed to discriminate?

This, my friends, is supposed to be one of our moderate, fair-minded nutters. How about that!

Nice non answer fool. Name one event from our history that leads you to believe our nation was founded on people being nice to each other.

...versus...

And what if catering a gay wedding is a service they dont offer?

You're not gonna win this.
They can chose to only cater Christian weddings.

Again, it is my understanding that in the cases where bakers or others have been sued it is for refusing to sell a product to a gay couple that they would sell to a straight couple.

So if a gay couple orders a three tier wedding cake out of the baker's portfolio it would not be legal to refuse to sell to them because of their sexual orientation.

If it was a pork festival, I don't care who wanted to have it, if the hotel is halal they don't allow pork in their hotel. If it isn't halal they would more than likely accommodate. No one has a right to eat pork for Christ sake.

Wrong. You absolutely have a right to eat pork.

What you do NOT have a right to do is force another person to let you eat pork in their business.

...versus...

What difference does that make? It's MY labor going into making a cake for someone I simply dont want to work for. I thought liberals were anti slavery?
When did public accommodation laws become slavery? Never, that's when.

My question is

This, my friends, is supposed to be one of our moderate, fair-minded nutters. How about that!

Well...hes right. Are we land of the free...or not?

Turning down business is a dumb business decision in my opinion. But...they have a right to refuse service to any EVENT they dont want to participate in.

A gay WEDDING is an event...not a person. Just like a Muslim hotel owner should be able to refuse to host a pork and Koran desecration festival. Even if gay black men are the festival organizers. Right?

Forum List

Back