Muslim Care Home Staff Stopped Residents Eating Bacon Sandwiches

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Staff at Wagtail Close in Buttershaw, Bradford were told to improve their service after an unannounced inspection found they had restricted elderly residents from eating bacon sandwiches, sausages and pork pies because of their own cultural beliefs.

In one example, a patient who liked to have a bacon sandwich for breakfast every morning and bought sausages and pork pies when they went out shopping, said a number of staff would not help them buy or cook these products.

“This meant that staff were not providing support that was responsive to the person’s preferences and were restricting the person’s right to choice. The person said they had raised their concern with senior staff members but nothing had been done about it,” the report said.

Muslim Care Home Staff Stopped Residents Eating Bacon Sandwiches

Fire them. They were hired to prform a job if they are unable to do it for any reason they are not fit to fill those positions any longer.

Fire them. They were hired to prform a job if they are unable to do it for any reason they are not fit to fill those positions any longer.

Agree, need to be fired. This just shows how moronic religion is, all Abrahamic faiths don't eat pork since the supposed creator God commanded them to avoid it. Eating pork was his only concern apparently.

meh. . . if they fire them, they will only be replaced by illegals, and then the elderly won't be able to understand a damn thing the staff are saying. At least the Muslims are intelligent enough and care enough to learn the language.

Do you want to eat or communicate? :badgrin:

In a generation, we'll all be dead and gone, and the Muslims and Catholic illegals can fight over the smouldering scraps.

Agree, need to be fired. This just shows how moronic religion is, all Abrahamic faiths don't eat pork since the supposed creator God commanded them to avoid it. Eating pork was his only concern apparently.

Difference is, Jews won't give a damn if you ate bacon in front of them.

Cuing leftist outrage in 3, 2......oh wait, it's Muslims. The left will support this

Not necessarily. Just I think it depends.

Imagine they forbid beef or something like that. Would anyone kick up a stink? Not really, there's lots of food that might not get eaten in an "old folks home" just because they decided they can't be bothered.

If the old people are getting food to live, then what's the problem?

Sure, religious is ridiculous, banning food for religious reasons even more so. And if these people weren't doing their job, then it's a case for the people who employ them.

Difference is, Jews won't give a damn if you ate bacon in front of them.
Let the goyim get Trichinosis :badgrin:

Cuing leftist outrage in 3, 2......oh wait, it's Muslims. The left will support this

Imagine they forbid beef or something like that. Would anyone kick up a stink? Not really, there's lots of food that might not get eaten in an "old folks home" just because they decided they can't be bothered.

Sure, religious is ridiculous, banning food for religious reasons even more so. And if these people weren't doing their job, then it's a case for the people who employ them.

Let muslims work in a muslim only care center. If the patients want bacon sandwiches, no orderly or care worker should tell them they can't eat. IF their prescribed diet permist them to eat bacon and it is made for them, no muslims worker should refuse to serve them their food. Food servers wear gloves anyway so what is their problem?

If muslims don't want to eat pork, that applies to them not the rest of the world.

Musims don't have a right to force their beliefs onto others. If they do then they don't even know their quran.

Good for the muslim care workers. ...... :thup:

Pork meat is an unhealthy meat that elderly people shouldn't be eating. ...... :cool:

At some point, when elderly eat anything, it is great. It is hard to get many to eat for a number of reason. In places were cannabis is legal, that helps them a lot to have an appetite.
When they get to that point in life sugar, fat, pork is better than nothing.
You lay a feast in front of them, but if they have no desire to eat, they will simply waste away. If anything can tempt them to eat, let them enjoy.

You don't torture them with bland food that is more similar to baby food than a ham sandwich or chocolate cake.

At some point you are not trying to make their healthy, but rather make them happy and give them the best quality of life in their last months or years. Doped up zombies on feeding tubes is not way to end your days.

Give them baked ham or bacon if that is what they want.
Personally I'd rather a cold pork pie than bacon sandwich, but to each his own
.............scones with devon cream or blackcurrant pie with thick custard...........

You lay a feast in front of them, but if they have no desire to eat, they will simply waste away. If anything can tempt them to eat, let them enjoy.
You don't torture them with bland food that is more similar to baby food than a ham sandwich or chocolate cake.
Don't be a freakin retard. ...... :cuckoo:

No one is talking about "torturing" them with bland food, you nitwit.

It's about serving them healthy food.....and healthy food doesn't mean bland baby food. ..... :cool:

Let muslims work in a muslim only care center. If the patients want bacon sandwiches, no orderly or care worker should tell them they can't eat. IF their prescribed diet permist them to eat bacon and it is made for them, no muslims worker should refuse to serve them their food. Food servers wear gloves anyway so what is their problem?

If muslims don't want to eat pork, that applies to them not the rest of the world.

Musims don't have a right to force their beliefs onto others. If they do then they don't even know their quran.

How many care homes give the old people in them what they want when they want it? Probably not many.

But again, this is a private company which can do as it chooses. Ie, it can continue this practice or it can fire those employees.

It's about serving them healthy food.....and healthy food doesn't mean bland baby food. ..... :cool:

I've done hospice, cancer, heart bypass, alzheimer care. I know from a bland, puree food, liquid diet requirements, even feeding pumps, as well and helping patients who don't want to eat.
Now I produce custom medicines. Sometimes a little sugar makes the medicine more palatable the same way the right spices and herbs can make food easier to eat, even a little dessert before the main course can stimulate the appetite.

I've done hospice, cancer, heart bypass, alzheimer care. I know from a bland, puree food, liquid diet requirements, even feeding pumps, as well and helping patients who don't want to eat.
Now I produce custom medicines. Sometimes a little sugar makes the medicine more palatable the same way the right spices and herbs can make food easier to eat, even a little dessert before the main course can stimulate the appetite.

Sometimes, the goal is just...EAT. My mother was very ill the past year, with liver failure (she is doing better now) - but she ate very little. She had no appetite, food nauseated her - if I could get her to eat, that was the goal. What ever she wanted.

In another aside - I've had similar issues with sick, old, dogs. Friends telling me to get them on special kidney diets, that are not very palatable - when I can't even get him to eat. If he will eat chicken - he can have it. Greasy meatballs? Sure. JUST EAT :(

Giving them happiness, quality of life is more humane than trying to extend the life on food they can't tolerate or that they have to take meds to keep it down or help digest it.

My mother could not eat food without salt, she literally could not swallow it. Certain foods like spinach or parsley her teeth could not chew. Anything she ate had to have a sauce or liquid for her to eat it. She would taste and chew foods but could not swallow most things.
My father eat everything with no salt, low fat, no sugar.
Every meal for them was a buffet for each of them, never eating what the other ate.
I never wanted to try and cook for them if I could avoid it. Holiday meals I would cook, but they took care for their own cooking the rest of the time.

For my cancer patients, I would often cook two or three different items till we found one they could eat at that time. Taste buds seems to make even a favorite food taste "wrong". I'd stop at open buffets or that have selection of foods and take the smallest sizes just to give them different tastes to sample trying to find what they might like me to make or buy for them each day.

When the body shut down they just stop eating altogether in the last days, trying to get anything down them is just rejected by the body.

Each person I had to experiment to best help them, there was not "here's the food you have to eat it", I watched and listened and every day was different. I could never have work in an institution where it is one set for everyone care. I was always one on one, which is why a make custom medicine for each individual. Mix, dose, way of taking it often day to day. For some it is a supplement to prescription, for others they choose as an alternative. For some, the right cup of tea and an ear to listen to them is just right.

Forum List

Back