Muslim flight attendant suspended...

Once again for the slow and stupid..... Islamic leaders in the USA have already stated that serving or carrying alcohol is not prohibited by the faith.

If we got some Christian leaders of various Churches say the Episcopal Church of the USA, Presbyterian Church of the USA, Metropolitian Community Chruch, etc.

And they said that same-sex marriage was allowed, would that mean that all denominations of Christianity must be governed by what those leaders said?

Howdy Gunny.

WW
ATC(AW/NAC)
USN Retired

>>>>

Once again for the slow and stupid..... Islamic leaders in the USA have already stated that serving or carrying alcohol is not prohibited by the faith.

And those particular Islamic leaders speak for all Muslims?

If I gathered a group of Christian leaders and they stated that gambling isn't sinful, would that mean Christians who believe gambling to be sinful should just shut up about their religious beliefs? ;)

This is interesting.

Those Islamic leaders made those statements based on what?
This flight attendant beliefs are based on what?

If answer is Koran, should they have the same beliefs?

If we got some Christian leaders of various Churches say the Episcopal Church of the USA, Presbyterian Church of the USA, Metropolitian Community Chruch, etc.

And they said that same-sex marriage was allowed, would that mean that all denominations of Christianity must be governed by what those leaders said?

Howdy Gunny.

WW
ATC(AW/NAC)
USN Retired

>>>>

If the Bible they follow are not consistent with their revelations, then which one is truth?

Howdy Gunny.

WW
ATC(AW/NAC)
USN Retired

>>>>

If the Bible they follow are not consistent with their revelations, then which one is truth?

When it comes to religious belief and the law, what is the truth is not r

If I gathered a group of Christian leaders and they stated that gambling isn't sinful, would that mean Christians who believe gambling to be sinful should just shut up about their religious beliefs? ;)

This is interesting.

Those Islamic leaders made those statements based on what?
This flight attendant beliefs are based on what?

If answer is Koran, should they have the same beliefs?

People follow the same holy books but have different views of various aspects of those books. That has probably always been true. Just because two people follow the Koran, or the Bible, or the Torah, or whatever religious text you might look at, doesn't mean they will get the same message from that book.

The world might be a more pleasant place if they did. :lol:

It's based on an individuals belief, such a belief does not need to be part of established dogma.

Title VII protects all aspects of religious observance and practice as well as belief and defines religion very broadly for purposes of determining what the law covers. For purposes of Title VII, religion includes not only traditional, organized religions such as Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, and Buddhism, but also religious beliefs that are new, uncommon, not part of a formal church or sect, only subscribed to by a small number of people, or that seem illogical or unreasonable to others. An employee’s belief or practice can be “religious” under Title VII even if the employee is affiliated with a religious group that does not espouse or recognize that individual’s belief or practice, or if few – or no – other people adhere to it. Title VII’s protections also extend to those who are discriminated against or need accommodation because they profess no religious beliefs.​

Questions and Answers about Religious Discrimination in the Workplace

>>>>

Shoulda been a clue when she showed up for the hiring interview.....

niqab.jpg

It means one can not claim the Koran says that one can not handle the booze because of religious reasons that are legally valid. Just because someone wants to be more strict does not give them the weight of the law to back them. Or are you claiming if I said abortion is against my religion i would be justified in burning down buildings that do the deed.

It means one can not claim the Koran says that one can not handle the booze because of religious reasons that are legally valid. Just because someone wants to be more strict does not give them the weight of the law to back them. Or are you claiming if I said abortion is against my religion i would be justified in burning down buildings that do the deed.

Was the ruling that Muslim cab drivers cannot deny passengers with alcohol because it is not a tenet of their religion? The only things I can find about it have the courts ruling that the drivers do not suffer irreparable harm, nothing about Muslim leaders claims regarding alcohol.

I would be very surprised to find that the courts ruled Muslims are allowed to serve/carry alcohol based on their religion.

How burning down abortion clinics relates to this is beyond me. That is a terrible, meaningless analogy.

Forum List

Back