Muslim man sues little Caesars' for 100M over pork on pizza

A Muslim man is suing Little Caesars for $100 million in Michigan, claiming he was served pepperoni made with pork, which is a food prohibited by Islamic law. CBS Detroit reports Mohamad Bazzi says he ordered halal pizza twice from a pizza shop in Schaefer in Dearborn. He claims the boxes were labeled “halal,” but the pizzas inside were topped with regular pepperoni.

Muslim man sues Little Caesars for $100M over pork on pizza
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awwww isn't that a shame imagine if he wins how much your pizza price will go up , you all get to pay for it whoever goes to lil Caesar's that is lmao.
Fucker needs to find someplace that sells kosher (halal) pizza. Sorry, I'd have to give this asshole the big middle finger up. But in this country, he'll probably make bank...stupid as that may seem.

The whole point of this lawsuit is that the Little Caesars in question claimed that the pizza was Halal, and advertised it as such.

I think it's delusional to think that he'll be awarded $100M. But I understand the premise of the suit.

And when silly lawsuits are given just b.c. of bs reasons like this it makes it possible to sue for everything and anything. In turn the customers end up paying for it. six dollar burgers now 9.00, small pizza now 18.00 just a figure pulled out of no where.

So you're saying that companies should be able to lie flagrantly in their advertising, and their lied-to customers should have no recourse?

It sounds to me like a setup..

I wouldn't cater to them Muslims. See where trying to cater to them gets you? Is the market really worth that?

Next pizza I'd make would be pork chop, bacon, and kielbasa.

No halal nothing, you no want? You no buy.

Pizza place should be fined for false advertisement. Simple as that.

So you are agreeing that this Muslim knew about it ...before he ordered?

It was a setup, because now he has proof.

How many Muslims eat pizza?

This guy wants to abuse the U.S. court system so he doesn't have to work another day in his life.

It's obvious

Pizza place should be fined for false advertisement. Simple as that.

So you are agreeing that this Muslim knew about it ...before he ordered?

It was a setup, because now he has proof.

How many Muslims eat pizza?

This guy wants to abuse the U.S. court system so he doesn't have to work another day in his life.

It's obvious

This guy was probably in prison before and is still playing the game of "victim"

Obvious.

There's no way he'll get 100 million. The most he'll get is $500,000, and that's if he has a good lawyer.

His lawsuit has some merit. It was advertised as halal and it wasn't. This is false advertisement.

I wouldn't cater to them Muslims. See where trying to cater to them gets you? Is the market really worth that?

Next pizza I'd make would be pork chop, bacon, and kielbasa.

No halal nothing, you no want? You no buy.
You're right. All this could be avoided if their menu was their menu and they didn't try to accommodate every special interest group -- and this is from a Christian who doesn't eat pork. If I eat pizza, I choose cheese or beef, or make my own.

DEARBORN - A Muslim man who ordered a pizza from a Little Caesars in Dearborn has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the pizza chain, alleging that the pizza he was sold contained pork even though it was advertised otherwise.

The suit, which was filed by Mohamad Bazzi, alleges that the pizza he ordered March 20 from a Little Caesars in Dearborn was labeled as “halal,” which means it meets Islamic food consumption standards.

The suit states that the pizza he received and consumed contained pork, which is a meat not considered halal in Islamic law.

Muslim man files $100M lawsuit against Dearborn Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'

Why in a country like ours do politicians allow things like this to happen? We need a serious national tort reform in this country, and I hope Trump and the Republicans read this story and agree. It's not likely that this clown will get his 100 mil. After all, he suffered no physical damage and millions of Americans eat pepperoni pizza every day. But he will get a sizable amount

There is no poof him or his wife ate any of this pizza. How could you open the box and not see pepperoni before you eat it?

This nonsense needs to stop in this country. It costs industry too much money and those costs get passed down to us, the little people when we buy their products.

it boggles my mind that any person who is "halal adherent" would consider something
baked in the oven of an Italian to be completely PORK FREE. I am baffled about
the advertisement? "HALAL"? did some Little Caesar actually advertise that way?
-------sheeeeesh-----they would not dare claim "KOSHER". YA MUSLEMEEN!!!!!
they got kids working in that place--------you expect some 16 year old high school kid to
give a damn about your shariah crap?

DEARBORN - A Muslim man who ordered a pizza from a Little Caesars in Dearborn has filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the pizza chain, alleging that the pizza he was sold contained pork even though it was advertised otherwise.

The suit, which was filed by Mohamad Bazzi, alleges that the pizza he ordered March 20 from a Little Caesars in Dearborn was labeled as “halal,” which means it meets Islamic food consumption standards.

The suit states that the pizza he received and consumed contained pork, which is a meat not considered halal in Islamic law.

Muslim man files $100M lawsuit against Dearborn Little Caesars over pizza labeled 'halal'

Why in a country like ours do politicians allow things like this to happen? We need a serious national tort reform in this country, and I hope Trump and the Republicans read this story and agree. It's not likely that this clown will get his 100 mil. After all, he suffered no physical damage and millions of Americans eat pepperoni pizza every day. But he will get a sizable amount

There is no poof him or his wife ate any of this pizza. How could you open the box and not see pepperoni before you eat it?

This nonsense needs to stop in this country. It costs industry too much money and those costs get passed down to us, the little people when we buy their products.
So you don't mind if companies sell a product through false advertising?

Did you not read the whole article?
This is an obvious scam.

"The document further alleges that the manager says Bazzi ordered a regular pepperoni pizza, but requested a “halal” sticker for the box

“You told her to put the sticker on there, I have no idea, I'm like no, we only take orders because it was your order and you said you wanted a pepperoni, so we said OK,” said the store’s manager, according to court documents.

The suit goes on to state that the manager claims Bazzi received the pizza that he ordered."

sheeeeesh------GOOD IDEA--------I am going to order a sausage sandwich from the local
pizza joint and insist on an "UNDER RABBINICAL SUPERVISION" sticker---. Why is
Little Caesar in POSSESSION of "halal" stickers. Such a place should NEVER have gotten
into that "market". Perhaps they could do "HALAL AT YOUR OWN RISK" stickers.
I have an experience------hubby and I do INDIAN RESTAURANTS----where I am most of those
places do HALAL meat which means no pork------so that works for lamb loving hubby. As hindus
they often also have NO BEEF -----chicken and lamb and "mutton". OK for us. A chick
covered in rags dragged her brood into one of them and then looked at the wall and
started SCREAMING. ----some of the little kids cried......----the wall? lined with shelved
bottles of booze-------NOT HALAL!!!!! ---------the whole story-----a little sign saying "the meat
is halal"--------there was no sign saying HOLY ISLAMIC PLACE

In 1992 a little old lady sued McDonalds because she spilled scalding hot coffee in her lap and won $3 Million. Granted that after appeals she ended up with just over half a million but the point is it was her fault but was able to legally blame McDonalds. People sue every day over stupid shit like this and some actually win. As for stopping it? The 1st Amendment "right to petition" (sue) is part of that amendment......... As for tort reform, good luck.

i wonder if he would sue McDonalds for 3 Million if his hot apple pie burned his tounge,,even though there was a waring not to bite into the pie asap !!!

Sure I mind, but WTF should anybody get money even if they got the wrong pizza? People get wrong pizzas all the time. They just send it back is all.

Bet if this were a Catholic who got a meat pizza on a Friday during lent, you would have a real problem with it.

i wonder if he would sue McDonalds for 3 Million if his hot apple pie burned his tounge,,even though there was a waring not to bite into the pie asap !!!

Funny you should mention that. Starbucks is getting sued for hot coffee. Sound familiar? But Starbucks is a good little commie organization, so I'm sure they will be happy to pay out.

Forum List

Back