My Little White Girl Not So White

Oh? How many do you know?
I dont keep count. I just know for the first 10 years of my life my grandmother sung about a million of them everyday.

Do you remember them all?
Only her favorites.

You should at least record what you know. I'm telling you, that is piece of America that is slipping away and no one seems to care.
I dont have to record it because I find them on youtube all the time. Not only that but they are handed down through oral traditions in our family. Looks like other Blacks continue to do the same.

Not everything is on Youtube. Mostly they are remembered in the hand-me-down tradition. The younger generation doesn't seem to care.

What needs to be preserved? Old Negro spirituals? They are preserved.

I dont keep count. I just know for the first 10 years of my life my grandmother sung about a million of them everyday.

Only her favorites.

You should at least record what you know. I'm telling you, that is piece of America that is slipping away and no one seems to care.

Hell I just googled it and this came up.

All the songs Official Site of Negro Spirituals, antique Gospel Music

Only her favorites.

I dont have to record it because I find them on youtube all the time. Not only that but they are handed down through oral traditions in our family. Looks like other Blacks continue to do the same.

Not everything is on Youtube. Mostly they are remembered in the hand-me-down tradition.
True but all my grandmothers favorites happened to be on Youtube except the one I dont know the title of.

Only her favorites.

There's no music with it, therefore that's fail.

Only her favorites.

We make our music. Our elders always know the tune. You obviously havent been to a Black church before. I just found the one I didnt know the title to on that website and its on youtube too.

Only her favorites.

We make our music. Our elders always know the tune. You obviously havent been to a Black church before. I just found the one I didnt know the title to on that website and its on youtube too.

You are NOT getting the point. :eusa_wall: What happens when your elders are gone, dumbass?

I may have been to more black churches than you.

Only her favorites.

You are NOT getting the point. :eusa_wall: What happens when your elders are gone, dumbass?

I am getting the point dummy. Do you think our present elders dont teach the next generation or something? You white people are weird. We have our oral traditions and people that literally train to take over passing it down. Why do you think Black people laugh at you clowns when you say something has to be written down or recorded to be legitimate?

I am getting the point dummy. Do you think our present elders dont teach the next generation or something? You white people are weird. We have our oral traditions and people that literally train to take over passing it down. Why do you think Black people laugh at you clowns when you say something has to be written down or recorded to be legitimate?

Yeah, okay. :rolleyes:

You white people are funny. :)

My grandma told us how they would pass messages to each other via the old negro spirituals right in front of the white enslavers because they were too dumb to know the messages were coded.

My grandma told us how they would pass messages to each other via the old negro spirituals right in front of the white enslavers because they were too dumb to know the messages were coded.
The slavers were so dumb that you all were their slaves. Now tell me the one about Snow White and the 7 black dwarves. :biggrin:

The slavers were so dumb that you all were their slaves. Now tell me the one about Snow White and the 7 black dwarves. :biggrin:
Like most whites you equate the ability to be violent with intelligence. :)

Like most whites you equate the ability to be violent with intelligence. :)
I never said any such thing, you fucking buffoon. You have to make shit up to feel better about yourself. Go ahead, I wouldn't want you to start making rational arguments now, after all this time. :biggrin:

I love a lot of gospel music by our African American brothers and sistas! That they learned from Whitey.

Having performed with Afro Americans a few dozen times...they can be excellent (rarely) but (more likely) a total disaster...cannot keep the beat, have no idea what a 7#9 chord is, etc. But Afro Americans definitely respond to rhythm more readily than Whitey IMO. This is what is interesting in terms of imposed inhibitions. Afro Americans always love my playing guitar or whatever, because they are focused on the truth of the sound and beat. Brainwashed Whitey has several filters to go through before they are released.

Last edited:
By the way I thought I wa 100% White, but Ancestry Dot Com says I am 7% Jew.

Last night was an emotional night in our household and it got me to thinking about how truly fucked up white racism is. Right now I am raising a "somewhat" white 17yr old female child. Well she got her DNA results back and it turns out she is 11% Black. She ran into our bedroom with her tablet and showed us the results. She was prancing around reminding me that she had "told me so". She always thought she had some Black in her but I thought it was because she really wanted to be Black when she was younger. It made me feel good that she was so happy about it but then I thought to myself people were still going to assume she was white.
hmmmm, no one is going to look at a black child and just assume he/she is white, no one!
She is only 11% Black. She looks like she is white with the exception of a few features.

And this matters ---- why?? Knowing the percentages just makes you eligible to jump OUT of Group Think on race. White folks KNOW when one of OUR is a racist. He's the guy trying to speak for the White Group.. Clear indication of racial stereotyping and too much racial identity and WAY TOO MUCH racial self esteem.

So -- POSSIBLY -- that's why most whites consider YOU a racist. Because you are full of racial superiority fables. Because you believe you are ANOINTED to speak for your entire group. Because you use the same derogatory tactics that ANY COLOR racist uses.

That kid still reading this thread? :eusa_clap:
It matters because she ID's as Black. Whites have already said things about Blacks around her assuming she ID's as white.

I honestly could care less what whites think I am. Its really and truly none of my business. I never thought I was annointed to speak out for Blacks but I do consider it my responsibility to do so. It never occurred to me to get permission from whites to do so. To be honest I would never ask a white person for permission to represent my race.

I agree with you. The message here is that she looks white, but identifies as black. Therefore, it is to be expected hat she will have many a random encounter with unsuspecting white people who will make negative statements about black people in the course of general conversation, thinking all along that she is actually white.

She will need to grow a very thick skin to effectively navigate towards adulthood and cope with what she will be exposed to. There is nothing racist about acknowledging that fact.

Jesus, I can't believe the BS that Asclepias is getting for sharing a very personal story.
Some of you people are dirtbags
Just an observation
I think there are a lot of people that get mentally injured by my posts. Its amazing to me people would be upset that my daughter is happy she has the same DNA in her that I do. It has to be something else.

I think there are a lot of people that get mentally injured by my posts. Its amazing to me people would be upset that my daughter is happy she has the same DNA in her that I do. It has to be something else.

I've noticed that they have a bizarre reaction to just about anything you put up.
That "something else" is orange rot on squirming brains. :smile:

Forum List

Back