My nephew has covid.

Whodatsaywhodat.

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2020
So my nephew has covid and pneumonia. He is currently admitted in the hospital . His sister called to check on him , they are treating him for pneumonia, but not covid . Wtf. The nurse said he doesn't meet the criteria. He has asthma, chronic COPD. What on earth is going on ?

Welcome to the brave new world of Obamacare. Get word to him to sit up. Take deep breaths to keep his lungs clear or as clear as possible. I was in Hospital and they said i had covid and they do NOT TREAT YOU. But they sure want to get that ventilator in you. Avoid that if at all possible. THERE are OTHER options. USE THOSE.

No doubt he is not allowed any family members to be present?

Welcome to the brave new world of Obamacare. Get word to him to sit up. Take deep breaths to keep his lungs clear or as clear as possible. I was in Hospital and they said i had covid and they do NOT TREAT YOU. But they sure want to get that ventilator in you. Avoid that if at all possible. THERE are OTHER options. USE THOSE.

Correct. No family members allowed . He is not on ventilator.

They get big bucks from your insurance if they can get you on a ventilator.

The bastards should have him on HCQ and Ivermectin, D3, C, and Zinc and he would kick the Faux Rona in 3 days.

So my nephew has covid and pneumonia. He is currently admitted in the hospital . His sister called to check on him , they are treating him for pneumonia, but not covid . Wtf. The nurse said he doesn't meet the criteria. He has asthma, chronic COPD. What on earth is going on ?

My mom died from kidney failure and pneumonia in January. They put Covid-19 as the cause of death on her death certificate, even though the hospital was unable to produce a positive Covid test for her when I requested it. They also made her die alone in a room because none of us were allowed to see her.

Not unusual. The pneumonia is what will knock him down the hardest. Same thing happened with one of my sisters in law. She developed pneumonia a week or so after her diagnosis and spent about a week and a half in the covid ward being treated for the pneumonia. It took about another 2 weeks after that before she was able to return to work.

My mom died from kidney failure and pneumonia in January. They put Covid-19 as the cause of death on her death certificate, even though the hospital was unable to produce a positive Covid test for her when I requested it. They also made her die alone in a room because none of us were allowed to see her.
MM- I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. Your mom knew you and her loved ones would have been with her if possible. She knows what went down and how much you loved her. May your heart be full of wonderful memories that soon overpower her hospital stay.

marvin martian said:

THAT is SO cruel.

Ventilators are murder.
When the immune system cytokine storm over reacts to covid, the lungs start to fill with fluid.
There is no way to force air into fluid filled lungs, so ventilators do not and can not work.
But worse, they have to induce a chemical coma, so that the tube down the throat does not invoke a gage reflex.
That prevents a conscious person from rolling over, in ways that naturally drain lungs.

So instead, instruct all those with breathing problems from fluid in lungs, to constantly change position in bed, especially face down.

{...

Prone Positioning for Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS)​

Prone positioning is a technique used to help patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome breathe better.

Widespread inflammation in the lungs may result in a life-threatening condition called acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS). Severe infections such as coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and influenza can cause ARDS. Breathing can be difficult for patients with ARDS.

Hospitalized patients typically lie on their backs, a position known as supine. In prone positioning, patients lie on their abdomen in a monitored setting. Prone positioning is generally used for patients who require a ventilator (breathing machine).

Prone positioning may be beneficial for several reasons: (1) In the supine position, the lungs are compressed by the heart and abdominal organs. Gas exchange, the process of trading carbon dioxide for oxygen, is reduced in areas of collapsed lung, resulting in low oxygen levels. In the prone position, lung compression is less, improving lung function. (2) The body has mechanisms to adjust blood flow to different portions of the lung. In ARDS, an imbalance between blood and air flow develops, leading to poor gas exchange. Prone positioning redistributes blood and air flow more evenly, reducing this imbalance and improving gas exchange. (3) With improved lung function in the prone position, less support from the ventilator is needed to achieve adequate oxygen levels. This may reduce risk of ventilator-induced lung injury, which occurs from overinflation and excess stretching of certain portions of the lung. (4) Prone positioning may improve heart function in some patients. In the prone position, blood return to the chambers on the right side of the heart increases and constriction of the blood vessels of the lung decreases. This may help the heart pump better, resulting in improved oxygen delivery to the body. (5) Because the mouth and nose are facing down in the prone position, secretions produced by the disease process in the lung may drain better.

Placement of Patients in the Prone Position
Movement of patients to a prone position involves risk of serious complications such as a dislodged breathing tube or very low blood pressure. A team of trained clinicians, including respiratory therapists, nurses, and a physician, are necessary to safely reposition a patient. Most hospitals maintain patients in a prone position for at least 12 hours per day, though practices vary. Proning sessions continue until there is a sustained improvement in oxygen levels, or if proning does not improve oxygen levels.

While prone positioning is generally limited to patients on a ventilator, voluntary, awake proning is being studied in patients with COVID-19. These patients require monitoring for worsening respiratory status.
...}

m_jpg200043fa_1601660308.62679.png

Forum List

Back