my nephew lost his life tonight

And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget
Falls drop by drop upon the heart,
And in our own despite, against our will,
Comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.
Aeschylus

If you try to make politics of today.... fuck you.

I'm sorry for your families and your personal loss.

I do not understand why you would inject this loss as a jab at those who might be disgusted at those that oppose the republicans wanting to make massive cuts in government sponsored weather prediction.

Would say another half hour of warning prevented the loss of your nephue? The fight for better extreme weather prediction is definitely a political fight. It is a fight by some to prevent un neccesary losses like yours.

You have my condolences.

Sincere sympathy to you to those the boy loved and who loved him, Grampa.

Doesn't get much worse than the death of a promising young family member.

Something said at a funeral I attended once seems apropos.

She had been walking with God every day.
They would start when she woke up and when she went to bed, in her evening prayers, she said, "Well God, I have to go home now."

The Lord said, "Okay see you tomorrow".

This went on through out her life until once she said, "Well God, I have to go home now".

The Lord said, "It's closer to my house than yours, come stay with me."

I'll never forget that service, that sermon, the woman it was said about. I find myself thinking in times like these when I hear of great personal loss.

Getting over it won't happen;

getting by it may.

The best you can hope for.

So I'm the asshole for him not having time for his nephew? :dunno:

Not sure that that is the reason....but you are pretty much an asshole. Maybe some quiet time....with some self reflection....would do you some good.

I wasn't sure what he was mad at, his nephew dying or the fact that he didn't know him or the family well enough that he had to stay at a motel. Or that he simply hates his daughter-in-law. Which is it?

Not sure that that is the reason....but you are pretty much an asshole. Maybe some quiet time....with some self reflection....would do you some good.

I wasn't sure what he was mad at, his nephew dying or the fact that he didn't know him or the family well enough that he had to stay at a motel. Or that he simply hates his daughter-in-law. Which is it?

Listen here, dummy.

Anyone here will tell you that I am an asshole. But I know that in order to be an effective asshole, it is not necessary to be an asshole ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Learn this.

the wolrd is sometimes a very harsh place.

old pains and misunderstandings can change the world in very sad ways.

Im so sorry to hear of your pain and loss gramps.

such a horrible thing.

I hope your pain is eased and that you will forgive this woman her tramatized decision.

You had one very wonderful thing in common and now that precious one is gone.

I feel for you bud.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words. As to my relationship with them, they are removed through divorce and I hadn't seen any of them in years. Many years. I still felt the need to try to help but understand that old pains sometimes never go away.

I know the feeling. I have been married 3 times and have kids with each, when we split they would never let me see or have contact with the kids, so effectively i have never seen my 19 yo daughter or my 26 year old son. That is why i hold so dear my eldest or 29yo(which i raised alone) and my precious boy that just turned 11.
I was very fortunate to have all my family and friends survive the tornadoes in my old home town of Moore, Ok., but there is much grief and suffering. I want to go there so bad and help but they don't want just anybody showing up right now.
I hope you try to remember that in life we loose and we gain, but mostly we lose that which is dearest to us.

And you just can't resist the chance to rub salt in an open wound can you... sheeeezuz... you vile fucking bitch... how shitty is your life that you feel you have to pull such bull shit to add to someone else's pain in a time like this.

FUCK OFF.

Sorry about your lose Gramps, it's double tough when it's children that have had their life cut short. It just isn't fair.

I know the feeling. I have been married 3 times and have kids with each, when we split they would never let me see or have contact with the kids, so effectively i have never seen my 19 yo daughter or my 26 year old son. That is why i hold so dear my eldest or 29yo(which i raised alone) and my precious boy that just turned 11.
I was very fortunate to have all my family and friends survive the tornadoes in my old home town of Moore, Ok., but there is much grief and suffering. I want to go there so bad and help but they don't want just anybody showing up right now.
I hope you try to remember that in life we loose and we gain, but mostly we lose that which is dearest to us.

I have been very lucky then, Divorced once and no trouble see my kids we had joint custody (we also lived a few miles from each other) we knew the kids came first. the kids turned out well adjusted.

To everybody, make amends before it is too late and tomorrow may be to late. Life is too short.

I feel sorry for the people that live in that part of the country when they don't even have tornados. My gramps on my mothers side had a 5,000 acre wheat and corn farm in East Kansas. We visited it when I was around 6 years old just before the grandparents pooled a nd bought my dad and mom the place up on Orcas Island. I guess they wanted to give us the ranch in Kansas at first. THANK GOD they opted for Orcas. Gampa Berry decided to give the land back to the Native Americans taht had been working the land for him for 1 dollar. It was the most depressing place I've ever been to. Flat..no hills let alone the beautiful mountains I was used to viewing.. No lakes..streams.. dry as a bone. Hot (we went there in the Summer). Why people would want to live there voluntarily I don't have a clue.

ATTENTION !!! People of N. Texas.. OKLAHOMA, KANSAS..and Misery.. Pack up and leave !!!! California..Oregon..Washington are beautiful..NO TORNADOS or Hurricanes.. We have water..mountains...cheap electricity forever. You will love it here.

True story.

That is all.

I feel sorry for the people that live in that part of the country when they don't even have tornados. My gramps on my mothers side had a 5,000 acre wheat and corn farm in East Kansas. We visited it when I was around 6 years old just before the grandparents pooled a nd bought my dad and mom the place up on Orcas Island. I guess they wanted to give us the ranch in Kansas at first. THANK GOD they opted for Orcas. Gampa Berry decided to give the land back to the Native Americans taht had been working the land for him for 1 dollar. It was the most depressing place I've ever been to. Flat..no hills let alone the beautiful mountains I was used to viewing.. No lakes..streams.. dry as a bone. Hot (we went there in the Summer). Why people would want to live there voluntarily I don't have a clue.

ATTENTION !!! People of N. Texas.. OKLAHOMA, KANSAS..and Misery.. Pack up and leave !!!! California..Oregon..Washington are beautiful..NO TORNADOS or Hurricanes.. We have water..mountains...cheap electricity forever. You will love it here.

True story.

That is all.

Fuck that, we aint scared of no stinkin nados :cool:

Besides West coast is gonna sink into the pacific and mt st helens is going to blow up washinton and oregon.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back