My take on CNN trying to be more middle-of-the-road. They suspect that Harris will win and fear they will be left behind as far left media thrives

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Hear me out as there has been, at least to me, a noticeable move to the center. Not right of center (yet), but more to the center.

I've noticed a slight shift to the right as they realize that their efforts to compete for the far-left crazy crowd isn't working since ABC and MSNBC have a monopoly on the radical left, China First crowd.

They realize they won't earn Fox News viewers who wont forgive them for their shift to the far-left but there may be some willing to move a bit. They are trying to slice out a bit of the right leaning Dems and or left leaning GOP supporters to improve their numbers as they realize that Harris is going to win. If Trump were going to win they would have been trying to grab more of the sane left leaning crowd.

Thus, they are trying to get ahead of her victory by seeming to be more balanced in coverage, knowing that even live crowds when their reporters do interviews laugh when some of them suggest on late night TV that they aren't left wing in their reporting.

They risk more than any of the news network of going bankrupt and becoming insignificant. Much of this due to their own hubris. Similar to so many institutions over the last 20+ years alone. I remember when CNN was the go-to network though Canadians don't have many options.

This isn't the case anymore.

Last edited:
I've noticed a slight shift to the right as they realize that their efforts to compete for the far-left crazy crowd isn't working since ABC and MSNBC have a monopoly on the radical left, China First crowd.

They realize they won't earn Fox News viewers who wont forgive them for their shift to the far-left but there may be some willing to move a bit. They are trying to slice out a bit of the right leaning Dems and or left leaning GOP supporters.

Thus, they are trying to get ahead of her victory by seeming to be more balanced in coverage, knowing that even crowds when their reporters do interviews laugh when they suggest they aren't left wing in their reporting.

They risk more than any of the news network of going bankrupt and becoming insignificant. Much of this due to their own hubris. Similar to so many institutions over the last 20+ years alone. I remember when CNN was the go-to network though Canadians don't have many options.

Huh? How have you seen them shifting to the right and how is that somehow related to your belief that Harris will win?

Huh? How have you seen them shifting to the right and how is that somehow related to your belief that Harris will win?

They shift in the direction of the base they believe they can grab.

Harris is the most far-left presidential candidate in history. Her base are ABC and MSNBC viewers, these types will NOT switch to CNN after she wins outside of the small number of former Dem now independents who move more to the middle. They had been further left in their reporting more than ever since the Trump term and it has cost them dearly.
When they are forced to cover a far left president, they cannot compete with ABC and MSNBC, however, they might be able to slice out a bit of the middle ground.

They are in real desperate times in terms of their ratings. They have gained a little more respect in their coverage this cycle. They realize they have to carve out anything but the far-left in order to survive. Consider that they got rid of the far left such as Cuomo, Lemon etc since it was hurting their numbers. It won't improve with another Dem victory and they have probably gained a small amount of the moderate only because of the current election cycle.

What will happen AFTER the election and the Dems win again, further left than ever? The Dem voters will get their news from MSNBC and ABC.

If they felt Trump was going to win they wouldn't need to do this in such a palatable way. They need the old sane, moderate voters and that isn't the Harris base.

Last edited:

They realize they won't earn Fox News viewers who wont forgive them for their shift to the far-left but there may be some willing to move a bit. They are trying to slice out a bit of the right leaning Dems and or left leaning GOP supporters to improve their numbers as they realize that Harris is going to win. If Trump were going to win they would have been trying to grab more of the sane left leaning crowd.

Thus, they are trying to get ahead of her victory by seeming to be more balanced in coverage, knowing that even crowds when their reporters do interviews laugh when they suggest they aren't left wing in their reporting.

Since you took the time to post your "edifying" thoughts... see if you can follow up with links that show that CNN was "radical left, China First" and now they are more right.

You won't. You will try to drown us in more repetitious moronic musings... but, surprise me. Go.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
They shift in the direction of the base they believe they can grab.

Harris is the most far-left presidential candidate in history. Her base are ABC and MSNBC viewers, these types will NOT switch to CNN after she wins outside of the small number of former Dem now independents who move more to the middle. They had been further left in their reporting more than ever since the Trump term and it has cost them dearly.
When they are forced to cover a far left president, they cannot compete with ABC and MSNBC, however, they might be able to slice out a bit of the middle ground.
Did you miss the stroke job, errrr "interview" by Dana Bash?
They are in real desperate times in terms of their ratings. They have gained a little more respect in their coverage this cycle. They realize they have to carve out anything but the far-left in order to survive. Consider that they got rid of the far left such as Cuomo, Lemon etc since it was hurting their numbers. It won't improve with another Dem victory and they have probably gained a small amount of the moderate only because of the current election cycle.

What will happen AFTER the election and the Dems win again, further left than ever? The Dem voters will get their news from MSNBC and ABC.

If they felt Trump was going to win they wouldn't need to do this in such a palatable way. They need the old sane, moderate voters and that isn't the Harris base.
Firing Cuomo and Lemon is your evidence? They fired them years ago. Because they were terrible analysts and their rating sucked.

All of their hosts are committed lefties Anderson cooper, Kaitlan Collins, Jim Acosta, Chris Wallace

Hear me out as there has been, at least to me, a noticeable move to the center. Not right of center (yet), but more to the center.

Thus, they are trying to get ahead of her victory by seeming to be more balanced in coverage, knowing that even live crowds when their reporters do interviews laugh when some of them suggest on late night TV that they aren't left wing in their reporting.

I have not noticed any shift rightward at least on their online reports. I don't watch them on TV

Since you took the time to post your "edifying" thoughts... see if you can follow up with links that show that CNN was "radical left, China First" and now they are more right.

You won't. You will try to drown us in more repetitious moronic musings... but, surprise me. Go.

Wow. Have you ever surfed their site over the last 8 years?

I would have to sift through hours of postings. They have addressed the woke agenda (a term I don't like and don't use often as I hate lazy, fashionable terms) but in print and with such people such as Don Lemon who was canned.

In fact, in the past they have outlined how "only the conservatives are against wokeness". Just last year. see the article I posted below. You could search for these terms about wokeness alone and you will find constant articles on this. In addition to BLM and other devices of division in American communities.

Opinion: The fight against ‘woke’ is really conservative gaslighting

The current list of terms that conservatives have weaponized is long and growing: Black Lives Matter. Defund the police. Critical race theory. Intersectionality. Now, add to it the ubiquitous — almost inescapable — word “woke.”

To be clear, woke is not political, but it has been politically weaponized by bad-faith actors, mostly on the right. Being “woke” is not a term exclusive to the realm of social justice; it’s a decades-old slang in Black communities, meaning to “be aware.” For example: “I heard your man is cheating — stay woke!”

The term woke is fluid and not much value to me, except, the underlying far-left policies which NY and Cali have been known for now for more than a decade. A strangle hold on these policies in these two states alone. However, more far-left polities designed to cost a bundle of money, divide and weaken the U.S has been the mantra for awhile.

Go and search, there are countless articles, especially when Trump was in office while the California, New York politicians coupled with the MSM worked to delegitimize him for Chinas benefit:

Why China won 2017 and how Donald Trump helped them do it

CNN —

Chinese President Xi Jinping will have a lot to smile about when he meets his counterpart Donald Trump in Beijing this week.

By any reasonable measure, it’s been a good year for China. From the South China Sea to climate change to jockeying over global leadership, the dominoes have fallen in Beijing’s favor again and again.

Even the death of a Nobel Peace Prize winning activist while in Chinese police custody – an event that under normal circumstances would have provoked lasting international condemnation – failed to tarnish the country’s leadership in any tangible way.

“China has managed, partly through its own actions and partly through the influence of Trump, to essentially put itself in a position where it has a lot more choices and a lot more opportunities,” Professor Rana Mitter, the director of the University China Centre at Oxford University told CNN.

As I said, do the research, especially from 2017-2022 (until they realized that America was fading around the globe and Russia exploited this. MSM is partly to blame IMO, doing the work of other nations). They shifted far-left, rooting against America often at the behest of the far-left, many compromised by China unwittingly or not.

I would have to sift through hours of postings. They have addressed the woke agenda (a term I don't like and don't use often as I hate lazy, fashionable terms) but in print and with such people such as Don Lemon who was canned.

In fact, in the past they have outlined how "only the conservatives are against wokeness". Just last year. see the article I posted below. You could search for these terms about wokeness alone and you will find constant articles on this. In addition to BLM and other devices of division in American communities.

The current list of terms that conservatives have weaponized is long and growing: Black Lives Matter. Defund the police. Critical race theory. Intersectionality. Now, add to it the ubiquitous — almost inescapable — word “woke.”

To be clear, woke is not political, but it has been politically weaponized by bad-faith actors, mostly on the right. Being “woke” is not a term exclusive to the realm of social justice; it’s a decades-old slang in Black communities, meaning to “be aware.” For example: “I heard your man is cheating — stay woke!”

The term woke is fluid and not much value to me, except, the underlying far-left policies which NY and Cali have been known for now for more than a decade. A strangle hold on these policies in these two states alone. However, more far-left polities designed to cost a bundle of money, divide and weaken the U.S has been the mantra for awhile.

Go and search, there are countless articles, especially when Trump was in office while the California, New York politicians coupled with the MSM worked to delegitimize him for Chinas benefit:

CNN —

Chinese President Xi Jinping will have a lot to smile about when he meets his counterpart Donald Trump in Beijing this week.

By any reasonable measure, it’s been a good year for China. From the South China Sea to climate change to jockeying over global leadership, the dominoes have fallen in Beijing’s favor again and again.

Even the death of a Nobel Peace Prize winning activist while in Chinese police custody – an event that under normal circumstances would have provoked lasting international condemnation – failed to tarnish the country’s leadership in any tangible way.

“China has managed, partly through its own actions and partly through the influence of Trump, to essentially put itself in a position where it has a lot more choices and a lot more opportunities,” Professor Rana Mitter, the director of the University China Centre at Oxford University told CNN.

As I said, do the research, especially from 2017-2022 (until they realized that America was fading around the globe and Russia exploited this. MSM is partly to blame IMO, doing the work of other nations). They shifted far-left, rooting against America often at the behest of the far-left, many compromised by China unwittingly or not.
Harrris will get slaughtered in the election.

CNN became a leftist bastion to the cult because trump told his sheep that it was.

CNN —

You just posted half of your theory. You claimed CNN went from "radical left" to right-middle. So, where is the CNN shift to middle link? And, it is not my job to sift through all links to support your claim. You started this thread. That is your job. What part of that is confusing?

As I predicted, instead of just posting the links you drown us with inanities. Do you think I will waste my time reading your incoherent ravings?

Post links to back up your claims. All of them. Less with your ramblings. Lead with that.

But, you won't do that. Since you have nothing. You will as usual come up with more incohrency and I will get bored and move on. As usual.

You just posted half of your theory. You claimed CNN went from "radical left" to right-middle. So, where is the CNN shift to middle link? And, it is not my job to sift through all links to support your claim. You started this thread. That is your job. What part of that is confusing?

As I predicted, instead of just posting the links you drown us with inanities. Do you think I will waste my time reading your incoherent ravings?

Post links to back up your claims. All of them. Less with your ramblings. Lead with that.

But, you won't do that. Since you have nothing. You will as usual come up with more incohrency and I will get bored and move on. As usual.

I refuse to do your work for you. I advise you of my opinion and you accept it or not, through your own deeper research, I couldn't possibly post the number of links needed anymore than you could.

Just sit back and enjoy Harris/Walz and they guide the American empire to prosperity. When you get the opportunity, tune in to CNN once in awhile to at least show some love as they will be tasked with being critical of her rather than trying to compete with the fawning far-left.

Book it.

I refuse to do your work for you. I advise you of my opinion and you accept it or not, through your own deeper research, I couldn't possibly post the number of links needed anymore than you could.

Just sit back and enjoy Harris/Walz and they guide the American empire to prosperity. When you get the opportunity, tune in to CNN once in awhile to at least show some love as they will be tasked with being critical of her rather than trying to compete with the fawning far-left.

Book it.
In other words, you started this thread with nothing but your brain farts? Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for playing.

I can now go on with my life. Much appreciated.

In other words, you started this thread with nothing but your brain farts? Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for playing.

I can now go on with my life. Much appreciated.

No, its based on an obvious observable shift. There were times in 2018 that CNN figureheads basically laughed out loud and mocked Trumps ability to take on China. I posted back then one of the "economic experts" from the Washington Post who was suggesting that a depression is going to occur due to Trump confronting China. I laugh then at how wrong she was going to be and I laugh now. I understand consumption economies better than she does.

There is a clear shift from that radical, unpatriotic, dishonest partisan view which was promoted so actively then, to a more nuanced shift to the center today. They are getting ahead of the election for their own survival.

Last edited:
CNN would have to turn hard left to hit the middle of the road.

If you ever see someone claiming the media is liberal, just slowly back away and smile, before you get drooled on. You're not going to get any sensible talk from someone who is that brainwashed.

Forum List

Back