NAACP issues its first statewide travel advisory, for Missouri

JQPublic1

Gold Member
Aug 10, 2012
In the advisory, the NAACP urges individuals to "warn your families, co-workers and anyone visiting Missouri to beware of the safety concerns with travel in Missouri." These concerns, the organization writes, could include unnecessary search and seizures and potential arrest.

This unprecedented advisory comes on the heels of SB 43 which was recently signed into law. The premise of the advisory is that the bill
makes it more difficult for employees to prove their protected class, like race or gender, directly led to unlawful discrimination -- passed through the Missouri Legislature in June. Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens signed it into law soon after.
Greitens and other supporters of the bill have said it puts Missouri's standards for lawsuits in line with other states.
But that's not how the NAACP sees it. The Missouri NAACP State Conference called the legislation a "Jim Crow Bill."
"This does not follow the morals of Missouri," Conference President Rod Chapel Jr. told CNN. "I hate to see Missouri get dragged down deep past the notion of treating people with dignity."

The NAACP is only doing this because nobody wants to go to Missouri anyways. They can claim victory on day one.

I was just driving through Missouri this week. This is the billboard advisory that caught my eye...

choose-from-9-flavors-of-fudge.png

In the advisory, the NAACP urges individuals to "warn your families, co-workers and anyone visiting Missouri to beware of the safety concerns with travel in Missouri." These concerns, the organization writes, could include unnecessary search and seizures and potential arrest.

This unprecedented advisory comes on the heels of SB 43 which was recently signed into law. The premise of the advisory is that the bill
makes it more difficult for employees to prove their protected class, like race or gender, directly led to unlawful discrimination -- passed through the Missouri Legislature in June. Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens signed it into law soon after.
Greitens and other supporters of the bill have said it puts Missouri's standards for lawsuits in line with other states.
But that's not how the NAACP sees it. The Missouri NAACP State Conference called the legislation a "Jim Crow Bill."
"This does not follow the morals of Missouri," Conference President Rod Chapel Jr. told CNN. "I hate to see Missouri get dragged down deep past the notion of treating people with dignity."
Please ask them to issue a travel warning for the Czech Republic. It's a nice and peaceful place and they'd like to keep it that way. Oh, and very little in the way of free stuff.

yeah_ok.gif

All the law did was move the burden of proof to match most other States and even the federal government.

I linked the pertinent information in another thread on this.

I spent a week in Florissant, MO doing volunteer work after the 1992 floods. Prayed at the statue of the Lady of the Rivers. Prayed in Father Mike's church in Portage de Sioux.

No fear there.
Anyone afraid to go to Missouri is a fool,

East St. Louis is a different story. But it is in Illinois.

All the law did was move the burden of proof to match most other States and even the federal government.

I linked the pertinent information in another thread on this.
Please share the link. I might agree with you. However, given the sordid documented history of Missouri in regards to discrimination and civil rights violations, I'm a bit skeptical. The article I posted indicates that blacks are stopped 75% more than whites are for traffic stops and an investigation by the DOJ under the Obama Administration, diclosed a disturbing pattern of bias In the Missouri justice system.. if, as you say, the law is aligning the burden of proof with that of other states, that would beg the question : which states?
The NAACP is staffed interracially and acts bilaterrally to address social ills and discrimination against Blacks. Some critics see the organization as an obsequious relic of the past.. But that makes the travel advisory all the more chilling.

Racism. Maybe thats why all the black guys in the hood wear trench coats in the middle of July concealing their AK.. self defence against the KKK

Racism. Maybe thats why all the black guys in the hood wear trench coats in the middle of July concealing their AK.. self defence against the KKK
what are you talking about????
black guys dont go for kalashnikovs LOL...they prefer mac-10's and glock 22's/17's(at least in my experience, with the exception of some black dudes in N lousiana and E Texaswho have shotguns to hunt with

black guys dont go for kalashnikovs LOL...they prefer mac-10's and glock 22's/17's(at least in my experience, with the exception of some black dudes in N lousiana and E Texaswho have shotguns to hunt with
148045824-tribal-mursi-man-from-ethiopia-with-ak47-gettyimages.jpg

:lol:

thats an african, not a black dude

thats an african, not a black dude
at some point, you have to realize i was being facetious lol

Forum List

Back