NAACP on GOP Winning Black Votes - Criminal Justice Reform

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
I am not a fan of the racist race hustling Ben Jealous (Prez of ths NAACP), but does he have a point? He says criminal justice remove is the key to the GOP winning black votes. I presonally thing many Blacks are in jail, because of the Democratic entitlement programs (that keep people on welfare and break up the black family) and the useless teacher union's that have 65% of the dollars earmarked towards education going to unfunded teacher's pensions. But I digress.

Voter ID laws should NOT be a compromise. It's amazing that liberals and race hustlers have been able to make it a race issue, when it's a common sense issue.

Welfare and entitlement spending shouldn't be issue to compromise on, since it destroys communities, breaks up families and increases spending to unfundable levels.

Therefore, go to other issues. I say criminal justice reform, education, HEALTHCARE REFORM and improving the economy.

To criminal justice. This is what Jealous says is the key to the GOP winning votes. I think Pauls Justice Safety Valve is a perfect idea. Another is judge's being held more accountable (not to lawsuit, but blanket protections when even in the case of negligence or intentional denials of the law shouldn't be around - Fraud or Bribery is all that they can he held responsible for). Ending the war on drugs as Paul states is another. It's the fuel that runs the inner city gangs.
Opinion: A GOP path to black votes - CNN.com
Paul is poised to lead the conversation on criminal justice reform. At Howard he touted the "Justice Safety Valve Act of 2013," which he recently introduced with Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, the Democratic senator from Vermont. The bill would allow federal judges to bypass federal mandatory minimum sentences if the sentence is too lengthy or if it simply does not fit the crime

The to education. This is always an issue to Blacks, because the consistently worst rated schools are in the inner cities that are primarily all blacks.
(1) End TENURE yesterday!!! It's a stupid protection that makes no sense.
(2) End the highway robbery collective group pensions. These take so much money away from actual schooling that it's sick. In Cook County (largest county in IL that includes Chicago) 65% of the dollars earmarked for education goes to retired teachers, because their pensions are unfunded. Imagine what could be done with that 65% that doesn't go to education.
(3) School Choice!!!
(4) More Charter schools! It's proven they are better so stop fighting it!
(5) Year-Long Schooling! I hear the argument that kids need to unwind and be kids. BULLSHIT!!! That is not life and that isn't how it should be. Human Being are able to learn more and faster when they are young, don't waste the time.
(6) Smaller Class Size! Not rocket science. The smaller the class the more the kids learn.
(7) Make mandatory TA (teacher's assistant) paid internships inside of actual school clasrooms to get one's teaching degree. Primary role is tutoring!

Forum List

Back