🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

So the people who need educating should educate themselves? :lol:

We're #1 in the world at being fat. How is educating yourself working for America so far?

Glad YOU see Liberty to educate oneself a function ONLY the STATE can produce.

YOU are a fucking moron.

No idiot, I asked you: The same people who need educating should educate themselves on the thing they need educating on?

*I* Stand by my answer famously for the cause of LIBERTY.

DEAL with it jackass.

Glad YOU see Liberty to educate oneself a function ONLY the STATE can produce.

YOU are a fucking moron.

No idiot, I asked you: The same people who need educating should educate themselves on the thing they need educating on?

DEAL with it jackass.

Thats your non answer to everything. When you dont know what to do you just scream "liberty" except in abortion. Just say you dont understand and move on.

Indeed. Will we see 'Soda Wars' and Speak Easies for Soda, as I am sure there are 'Grease Easies' right now for banned Trans Fats in NYC?

When will the madness ever end?
I don't know, The T. People change over time. Giuliani halted crime in NYC on his watch and did some budget control to help pay salaries of city employees, but by the end of his term, his family life was wrecked, but problematic murders on the street were down over 70%, the pressure must be tremendous to someone who takes balancing the books and justice in society seriously.

Soda is another story. If people drink a lot of it, they run a risk of cancer, because carbonated water flushes out potassium, and if everyone replaced their potassium levels with a banana every time a soda pop took K out, they wouldn't be able to make it through the door. Maybe if they told people "Hey, too much pop will give ya a stint instead of a butt," people would choose to cut down on the pop independently.

Make it a law, and it will go over like prohibition. Education is the key to getting people to take better care of themselves, not footshoot laws.

People havent been educated to know how to take better care of themselves? You talk as if people dont know and all they have to do is know better and they will do better. How is that working so far?

Here's the irony, Who should do the educating? :lol:

It's obvious that the T has decided to jump into his bottle early tonight being Friday. So Becki, want to take a crack at it?

DEAL with it jackass.

Thats your non answer to everything. When you dont know what to do you just scream "liberty" except in abortion. Just say you dont understand and move on.

Liberty of the PEOPLE IS the answer fuckwit. *I* side with LIBERTY every time on EVERY ISSUE... Therin LIES your problem. YOU don't belive in it. YOU wear your Government issued nosering PROUDLY I bet?

DEAL with it jackass.

Liberty of the PEOPLE IS the answer fuckwit. *I* side with LIBERTY every time on EVERY ISSUE... Therin LIES your problem. YOU don't belive in it. YOU wear your Government issued nosering PROUDLY I bet?

Liar...You dont agree with liberty when it comes to abortion. Thats why your only answer is "liberty" because after you finish pretending to be for liberty on every side you can go back to requiring women to have something shoved in their vag just because you dont have one.

Stop pretending...The liberty internet tough guy routine is played

Liar...You dont agree with liberty when it comes to abortion. Thats why your only answer is "liberty" because after you finish pretending to be for liberty on every side you can go back to requiring women to have something shoved in their vag just because you dont have one.

Stop pretending...The liberty internet tough guy routine is played

Sure I do. It remains a States RIGHT that should vigorously debated within the halls of State legislatures that I pray side with LIFE. Not ajudicated by a SCOTUS that has been overstepping thier authority since Maubury v. Madison.

*Fuck Off*

IDIOT.

If all the obese people can be denied health care for their stupidity, I say let them drink however much they want.

And why is it that I would think that the majprity of obese people call themselves repubs.

Yes sir I am to stupid to understand that 50 oz. of coke at one time is a bit much and may be the reason I weigh 400 lbs. But not to worry. They are making the ambulances bigger and the gurneys are now heavy duty and I can get all the health care to treat my obesity for free.

Except according to Bloomberg, NYC spends 4 billion on treating obesity related illness. It ain't free.

Now either you rethugs want to reign in HC costs or you don't. Make up your damn mind and quit being hypocrites.

That is all the Mayor is trying to do. Keep his HC costs under control by attacking obesity. How dare him.

i would like to see you prove that Zeke.....that is about as stupid as that other poster who said most smokers are fat people....something he could not prove either.....

Do you really believe that the health of the nation's people is not a vital national interest?

We are not the nations, "people".
and no, it's none of the Government's business what our HEATLH is.
where the hell do we live these days?

Should we then abolish the CDC? Should we then end all mandated vaccinations, and bring back polio, and smallpox, etc?

Does the defense of this nation depend on a healthy population? Is defense a national interest?

Does the economy depend on a healthy population? Is the economy a national interest?

i agree with NY here.....a healthy people makes a stronger Nation....and the Govt has a right to be concerned.....BUT some of the stuff the the Government gets involved in is pretty pathetic......banning the size of soft drinks while little kids everywhere are sitting down with a bowl of sugar to start their day is kinda hypercritical....and Sugar, especially the refined variety does not do anyone any good....since Juvenile Diabetes is at record levels...

Last edited:
So NYC bans the large soda but still sells 40 ounces of beer? how does any of this make any sense?

See if you can grasp this idea.

Kids can't buy beer. Kids are the fastest growing segment of obese people and the ones that will live with the costs of being obese the longest.

Your welcome.

depends on what age group of kids your talking about....

burgers+%26+chocolate.jpg

coke+%26+popcorn.jpg

Gee...I wonder why there is an obesity epidemic...

Please tell me you aren't one of the people stupid enough to think this will have even a marginal impact on obesity?

Like your fellow liberal BDBoop said, if someone wants 32 ounces of soda they can just buy two 16 ounce drinks.

This move is purely for political reasons, and it seems some people are falling for it.
as they all are....or there is money to be made with the alternate product...like this ridiculous plastic bag ban that is raising its ugly head out here...

So you think it's a good choice to have a quart of Coke/Pepsi at a meal? Are you totally retarded? Are you really too stupid to understand that ever a conservative Republican like Bloomberg has an obligation to consider public health issues? Of course you aren't. You're a moron.

then Drink diet Soda.....but then many fat people do but they EAT a lot of fattening things....

Diet soda is worse for you than sugary drinks.
thats debatable.....but there is a truth to that....because diet soda is supposed to make you crave sweets and the chemical sweeteners may not be to good for you in the long run....stick to water.....

Wow! Bloomberg a Control Freak! Who Knew! :lol:

What's next? Potato Chips? Under Law, you can now only eat one?

I wonder if someone could use the "But, But, But, I didn't swallow" defense.

Jillian, where are you on this one?

Will you admit at least, that Bloomberg is like a bad Penney? :lol:

i guess Lays will be banned then....remember the slogan?...

Why not let the People decide how much sugared drinks they want to purchase and consume? What a novel concept ay?

Forum List

Back