🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Nanny/Police State: NYC Ban On Large Sugared Drinks...

you can thank the gubmint for putting the fuckin soda machine in there to begin with.[/QUOT]

Which side of this fuking argument are you on? You don't care that kids can make themselves obese. Hell you want to help them.

Besides that, it was Coke and Pepsi that lobbied the school board (and promised them a cut of the money) that allowed the machines in.

How come you rethugs don't support legalizing drugs?

None of your business what a person does with their body. Right?

Good question. I support legalizing more drugs for recreational use by consenting adults. I support consenting adults rights to buy as big a soda as they want also. I support big popcorn and large portion sizes too.

:eek:

I think its a good law and by limiting the areas it can be bought you are limiting the access to it and by limiting the access you limit the users, right?

You're not limiting access, if someone wants they can still buy the same volume of soda as before. Bloomberg thinks he'll cure NYC obesity by putting soda in multiple cups rather than one.

Who wants to carry multiple containers? Theres the answer :lol:

@Takeastep...C'mon son, it's not about hating liberty dumbass. All I'm saying is I think its a good idea in this case because Americans are the fattyest fat asses in the world.?! And its mostly from empty calories such as sodas and shit. You can still buy the big ones just not on the street. I understand the slippery slope argument but in this case, I dont see a problem...in this case.

Who wants to carry multiple containers?

People who want to buy that many ounces of soda.

If americans want to eat and drink themselves to death they should have that liberty, again not that this p-r move will have any impact on obesity.

Your kids go to public school, dont they? Seems like this is the new gun ban shit for LOLberals. It used to be guns were killing people so we need to control them. Now it's soda is killing people so we need to control it.

When will you LOLberals learn? No one is forcing anyone to drink soda in large quantities. Not he soda, not their neighbor, no one. Blaming the soda is a pee brain LOLberal move.

Uh-oh. I own several guns. Does that mean I have to give up my liberal card?

Take a step., what do you do when self control fails.

When people are unable or unwilling to stop the activity that is killing them, what is a guvmint to do?

Not educate? Not restrict access? Nothing should be done seems to be what you are saying.

Just have at it and don't worry cause we will pick up your medical bills when you end up in the hospital.

Is that what you think is right?

I just bought a bottle of sprite. A NORMAL sized bottle of soda. I then looked at its size, 20oz. Then laughed my ass off at the fact that that bottle of pop will now be illegal in NY.

Wtf are the bottling companies supposed to do? Retool their entire fleet of plants to suit some stupid fucking law?

COCA-COLA WILL BE FILLING A SUIT SOON. or are they just supposed to eat this monetary loss for some STUPID politicians whim?

Years ago the 'normal' size bottle of soda was 7 to 10 ounces. People are fat because they eat and drink too much and are too stupid and weak to stop.

Mayors everywhere have an obligation to do what they think is correct for the entire population of a city.

The mayor said the city of NY is spending millions of dollars on treating obesity related disease.

I agree in principle with all of you. I don't want the guvmint telling people what size drink they can buy.
However I am not responsible for a city of millions. Treating preventable illness takes away from those that are sick through no fault of their own.

If obese people can't quit their actions that contribute to their obesity, and they use the city of NY for medical care, and the city is going broke, then the mayor can do what he feels in necessary to address the problem.

If the people of NYC don't like it, they will let him know.

Now, you all get out there and drink your Big Gulps. 48 oz of sugary heaven.

When people are unable or unwilling to stop the activity that is killing them, what is a guvmint to do?

Not educate? Not restrict access? Nothing should be done seems to be what you are saying.

Just have at it and don't worry cause we will pick up your medical bills when you end up in the hospital.

I dont think the gubmint has any place in healthcare, so i dont see why it should be the gubmint that picks up the tab for lazy fucks who dont want to live. If they want to be fat slobs, then be fat slobs.

Education is the best way to do it, but not from government, from solid moral foundation, good parenting and community work. A long lost art in this country of nanny state LOLberals.

I dont think the gubmint has any place in healthcare, so i dont see why it should be the gubmint that picks up the tab for lazy fucks who dont want to live. If they want to be fat slobs, then be fat slobs.

Education is the best way to do it, but not from government, from solid moral foundation, good parenting and community work. A long lost art in this country of nanny state LOLberals.

Yep.

I just bought a bottle of sprite. A NORMAL sized bottle of soda. I then looked at its size, 20oz. Then laughed my ass off at the fact that that bottle of pop will now be illegal in NY.

Wtf are the bottling companies supposed to do? Retool their entire fleet of plants to suit some stupid fucking law?

COCA-COLA WILL BE FILLING A SUIT SOON. or are they just supposed to eat this monetary loss for some STUPID politicians whim?

Years ago the 'normal' size bottle of soda was 7 to 10 ounces. People are fat because they eat and drink too much and are too stupid and weak to stop.

My, but we have such love and respect for our fellow human beings.

Perhaps, if we're lucky, our leaders will tell my dumbass how to get home from wurk as ahv forgttinn hooww mah brein werks. Uh huh. hehehehe whoooaaa.

:happy-1:

Everyone thought Bloomberg would be a good mayor for New York City after Guiliani's time was up. Then after awhile, he decided to change his political affiliation and wanted to be Mayor For Life and got permission to run for a third term. Now he's starting to tell people what they can and cannot have when they go out to eat or go to a movie theater. At least his "proposal" excludes grocery/convenience stores....for now.

Bloomy's getting too big for his britches. Time for him to step down.

You're not limiting access, if someone wants they can still buy the same volume of soda as before. Bloomberg thinks he'll cure NYC obesity by putting soda in multiple cups rather than one.

Who wants to carry multiple containers? Theres the answer :lol:

@Takeastep...C'mon son, it's not about hating liberty dumbass. All I'm saying is I think its a good idea in this case because Americans are the fattyest fat asses in the world.?! And its mostly from empty calories such as sodas and shit. You can still buy the big ones just not on the street. I understand the slippery slope argument but in this case, I dont see a problem...in this case.

Who wants to carry multiple containers?

People who want to buy that many ounces of soda.

If americans want to eat and drink themselves to death they should have that liberty, again not that this p-r move will have any impact on obesity.

But once they realize they have to use two hands to carry it around they may not do it. I agree, from what I see no one is stopping anyone from eating and drinking themselves to death. This law, if I'm right, would limit the access to larger amounts of beverages. You can still drink your life away you just have to go the grocery store.

Funny thing is I also believe in decriminalizing weed. :lol:

Not that I entirely disagree. However, they (obese people) they want medical care.
And the Congress has decided that hospitals can't just let people die in the waiting rooms.

Why don't the Repubs change that? No insurance. no money, no health care.

Got cancer from smoking. Tuff. Got diabetes from being obese. Tuff. No health care for you.

You could really bring down health care costs if everyone seeking treatment for a preventable illness was denied coverage.

You support that idea?

Yeah, hows that working so far?

Not that I entirely disagree. However, they (obese people) they want medical care.
And the Congress has decided that hospitals can't just let people die in the waiting rooms.

Why don't the Repubs change that? No insurance. no money, no health care.

Got cancer from smoking. Tuff. Got diabetes from being obese. Tuff. No health care for you.

You could really bring down health care costs if everyone seeking treatment for a preventable illness was denied coverage.

You support that idea?

Hell yeah!

Break that arm climbing the tree kid? Bite me, let it grow out crooked.

Grandma can't find her way home no more? Should have read more and watched TV less. Kiss my ass, she can wander the earth till she drops.

Oooh, ooh, your poor wittle mama tripped and fell down the stairs and twisted her wittle neck? That's too damn bad--bitch should have trained them kids to keep their toys off the stairs. Let her lay there for a while a think about what she done.

:badgrin: :eusa_boohoo:

Forum List

Back