Napolitano top runner for Trump's Supreme Court pick

This IS a joke, right?

Can Judge Judy be far behind....

Ah, the wages of a POTUS who glues himself to the boob tube. Why not Hulk Hogan? Dennis Rodman? Pee Wee Herman? They're all TV 'stars' too.

Personally I'd go with Jimmy McMillan.

Of course he is. Any of the idiots at fox move to the front of the line. Steve Dooooooocy is already setting policy every morning from the set of Fox and Friends.

Naaaaaaaah ---- Napolitano has an op-ed against Trump in the Washington Times this very day, and if he had hope of the USSC, he would hardly do that.

Here's the thing: to suppress all this sort of speculation, Trump announced that the pick would definitely be from his List of 25. Napolitano is not on that. Now, he HAS written fully seven books on the Constitution, and I always like his comments on Fox, but. Trump said only the people on his list, who are all federal judges, and so there we are.

The Heritage Foundation made the list and gave it to trump. Trump wanted to name his sister or that Nancy Grace wanna be, Pirro.

I doubt it. Napolitano is not on the list.

In 2017, Infowars had already reported that Napolitano was one of Trump’s personal favorites, with the president praising Napolitano’s ability to make federal law understandable to the common man.

Trump also quoted Napolitano in a tweet on Tuesday, and Napolitano was one of the first legal experts to shine a light on the controversial surveillance targeting the Trump campaign in 2016.
upload_2018-6-28_11-29-16.png

who ever it is just so they are good on freeing up 'gun freedom' and getting rid of gun restrictions . Machine guns would be a heckuva lot cheaper if they weren't Class 3 .

Naaaaaaaah ---- Napolitano has an op-ed against Trump in the Washington Times this very day, and if he had hope of the USSC, he would hardly do that.

Here's the thing: to suppress all this sort of speculation, Trump announced that the pick would definitely be from his List of 25. Napolitano is not on that. Now, he HAS written fully seven books on the Constitution, and I always like his comments on Fox, but. Trump said only the people on his list, who are all federal judges, and so there we are.

One of the surprising things about Trump is that he doesn't always respond that way...

"Nikki Haley: The former Trump critic considered for cabinet"
Nikki Haley: Trump critic to cabinet?

One of the surprising things about Trump is that he doesn't always respond that way...

Well, within four hours of the announcement that Kennedy was retiring, Trump was saying explicitly that he would only choose someone from his previously announced list. I don't think he'd do that if he meant to go another way. I think it was to suppress wild speculations about various Senators and who-all-ever. I think he'll do what he said: he does have a record of doing what he says he'll do.

Well, within four hours of the announcement that Kennedy was retiring, Trump was saying explicitly that he would only choose someone from his previously announced list. I don't think he'd do that if he meant to go another way. I think it was to suppress wild speculations about various Senators and who-all-ever. I think he'll do what he said: he does have a record of doing what he says he'll do.

My post was about Trump, not about Napolitano.

I posted this yesterday:

The full list of the twenty-one individuals Mr. Trump will consider is below:

1. Keith Blackwell

2. Charles Canady

3. Steven Colloton

4. Allison Eid

5. Neil Gorsuch

6. Raymond Gruender

7. Thomas Hardiman

8. Raymond Kethledge

9. Joan Larsen

10. Mike Lee

11. Thomas Lee

12. Edward Mansfield

13. Federico Moreno

14. William Pryor

15. Margaret A. Ryan

16. Amul Thapar

17. Timothy Tymkovich

18. David Stras

19. Diane Sykes

20. Don Willett

21. Robert Young

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...list-of-potential-supreme-court-justice-picks

My post was about Trump, not about Napolitano.

I posted this yesterday:

The full list of the twenty-one individuals Mr. Trump will consider is below:

1. Keith Blackwell

2. Charles Canady

3. Steven Colloton

4. Allison Eid

5. Neil Gorsuch

6. Raymond Gruender

7. Thomas Hardiman

8. Raymond Kethledge

9. Joan Larsen

10. Mike Lee

11. Thomas Lee

12. Edward Mansfield

13. Federico Moreno

14. William Pryor

15. Margaret A. Ryan

16. Amul Thapar

17. Timothy Tymkovich

18. David Stras

19. Diane Sykes

20. Don Willett

21. Robert Young

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...list-of-potential-supreme-court-justice-picks

I think the list has changed somewhat: Gorsuch is no longer on it, of course, and it's 25 now. I look forward to a more complete bio of each of these judges than I've seen so far, and I bet that will be forthcoming, too. There are definitely themes with various people: Hardiman is pro-gun and law and order; several are antiabortionists and (only IMO) unlikely to be picked, or he'll lose the two women senators and he can't afford to lose their votes. Robert Young looks good but he's black and so has to wait till the black slot opens up, which it may soon --- rumors are flying about Clarence Thomas being ready to retire. He's 68 or 69, which IS retirement age in normal society, after all.

I think Trump will get five picks, not four: The two he has now, plus the Ginsburg seat if Nature has her way, and the Breyer seat, ditto, and the black slot Clarence Thomas has been holding down too long; he hasn't talked for years. The sooner he is replaced with a younger and more able conservative black the better. That was a highly dubious pick from the beginning.

Forum List

Back