Narconon raided

konradv

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 23, 2010
Baltimore adjacent
If you know anyone that's having a problem with drugs and is thinking of turning to Narconon, have them read this article. It's a front organization for the Church of Scientology and is being indicted for insurance fraud. Narconon claims recovery successes unsupported by any reliable facts and has been accused of being responsible for the deaths of four clients around the country.

Narconon under investigation again | www.wsbradio.com

Rock Center, "The Chronicles of Narconon," 4/05/2013

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPLz-FSUNw4]Rock Center, "The Chronicles of Narconon," 4/05/2013 - YouTube[/ame]

They don't have doctors. They have classes on the teachings of L.Ron Hubbard.

Scientology: The Narconon Lie (NBC's Rock Center)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thg31Lp4yB4]Scientology: The Narconon Lie (NBC's Rock Center) - YouTube[/ame]

Narconon Warrants Show Millions in Alleged Fraud

Updated: 12:11 a.m. Friday, May 10, 2013 | Posted: 3:30 p.m. Thursday, May 9, 2013

(excerpt)
According to the search warrant: two insurance companies, United HealthCare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia, reported 847 claims filed by Narconon since 2009. For 48 patients, Narconon billed nearly $2,990,629. More than a million of it was actually paid.

Medical records obtained from both insurance companies show treatment paperwork signed by either a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse, but the signatures were illegible.

"The insurance case basically involves services that were not provided, and also services that were supposedly authorized by doctors who did not authorize them," said Gwinnett County District Attorney Danny Porter.

Narconon warrants show millions in alleged fraud | www.wsbtv.com

Scientology is involved in a scam?
Surely not.

The one I've been reading about lately is really amazing. They've been pressuring their parishoners to donate money to buy buildings to create new "Ideal Orgs". The fundraising is relentless and takes years and years to complete, the amount raised is usually about 3-5 times the 'cost + renovations' of the building and headquarters pockets the difference. Then when the building is finally finished, the people who paid for the building don't get to just use what they bought, they have to RENT it from Church headquarters. What a scam!

The only good thing about all this is that more and more of the membership are getting wise and leaving. Publicity has been so bad that they have fewer and fewer people coming in the door for services and are forced to harass a dwindling membership for more and more money. It's a vicious downward spiral that should see the organization disappear in the next few years. Here's hoping.

Anyone else seeing Scientology ads at the top of the page on the boards? I wonder if everyone sees the same ads or am I seeing it because I've posted about them and the ad is shown to me for that reason. That being said, when did USMB take on Scientology as an advertiser? This is probably not the right forum to ask that question, just didn't feel like starting a new thread. Thanks for reading. :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back