NASCAR is dying

They did it to themselves. Plus, I've always thought it was a bad product, just driving around a large circle. F1 is vastly superior because it requires actual driving skill, not crash-avoidance skill.

Baseball is not dying, by any measure. But I do not believe that football has a bright future, the more that parents learn about concussions and other injuries. They will continue to guide their children towards other sports.
They tried getting more attendance with more road courses added to the schedule but that didn't change the numbers for average attendance between ovals which is around 60,000 on a good day. Road America was huge for them. The Portland street race would be great for the sport but they poo-pooed that one. Guess they didn't look at the Indy numbers there.

Maybe they should race the ovals clockwise but the little baby drivers would cry if they had to turn right.

Since 2015 NASCAR has lost nearly half of its fanbase. Very few young people are interested. It's aging fans are dying off, complaints of too many TV ad's, partisan politics, and an elitist attitude among its few remaining stars will soon transform this once nationwide sport to only a few annual races in the deep south.

Major League Baseball is slowly fading, but NASCAR is on the fast-track to extinction. :dunno:

Good.

1667767946101.png

NASCAR should do more than write the rules for Australia's SuperCar Series. It beats the hell out of the crap done here in the States.

well, ex-NASCAR racer Coy Gibbs just died at 49...i like the idea of NASCAR, but i'd rather watch combat sports, soccer or basketball...i need to see some skin

Fg6CyT5XwAAqGcN

It's always been dead to me. I'm a redneck, but not THAT redneck. The BLM shit, the noose and pandering to one half-black member just confirmed how dead it is to me.

Judging by the numbers that's a correct statement. Of course the Moto speed motorcycle racing does excellent here as well.

As noted who wants to watch foods make left turns for four hours?

I personally don't eat much fast food anymore.

"It's cabbage by a head! Tomato is trying to ketchup! The rookie pickles is relishing his good luck!"

NASCAR's new gas supplier is Taco Bell!

Being actually at the race track is a whole different experience. I had a friend who raced dirt track 1/4 midgets & sprint cars and the sights, sounds, smells at the track during a race were glorious!! Another friend of mine was a 'monkey' in sidecar races. That was some horrendous shit!!! I swear at times his chin was inches off the ground!!

Since 2015 NASCAR has lost nearly half of its fanbase. Very few young people are interested. It's aging fans are dying off, complaints of too many TV ad's, partisan politics, and an elitist attitude among its few remaining stars will soon transform this once nationwide sport to only a few annual races in the deep south.

Major League Baseball is slowly fading, but NASCAR is on the fast-track to extinction. :dunno:

You think NASCAR is dying out take a look @ drag racing in the link below. It was spendy back in the seventies but current insurance cost, as the link points out, has made drag racing an incredibly spendy sport to participate in & attend as well.

They did it to themselves. Plus, I've always thought it was a bad product, just driving around a large circle. F1 is vastly superior because it requires actual driving skill, not crash-avoidance skill.

Baseball is not dying, by any measure. But I do not believe that football has a bright future, the more that parents learn about concussions and other injuries. They will continue to guide their children towards other sports.
Baseball did themselves in. Football may have medical problems but it is prosperous and will remain so because of betting. However, the golden fleece has to watch how much they sell out their viewers in their TV contracts.

Forum List

Back